thread

Nintendo Game Cube - Crazy Taxi - NTSC - 2-1: Crazy Drift [Points] - 45 - Dave Mitchell

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
  1. Nintendo Game Cube - Crazy Taxi - NTSC - 2-1: Crazy Drift [Points] - 45 - Dave Mitchell

02-12-2018, 09:00 PM

NTSC - 2-1: Crazy Drift [Points]
    Score Track//www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=110938
    RulesUseage of 'Continuous Backdrift' technique is allowed.
    Submission MessageHere's my personal best at Crazy Drift for Crazy Taxi on the Game Cube, after a few lower runs i was able to get the record. PAL WR is 19, so im quite pleased with 45. Run starts at 1:21 I used my original release Gamecube and original controller, I also show it booting. Thanks for checking this out, be well fellow gamers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, TRB_MetroidTeam liked this post
  2. 02-13-2018, 02:07 AM
    Quick comment for future submissions. Definitely worth getting into the habit of showing the boot up on the footage before the attempts for various reasons. You never know when you'll run out of battery, space, etc. It ensures the boot up shown is relevant to the footage of gameplay as well as any menu options chosen - cuts out other questions like 'what console is this', 'were any settings relevant', etc., before the attempt (not relevant to this game, however).

All good for this game. Congrats, Dave. :)

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Mitch Mitchell thanked this post
    Likes TRB_MetroidTeam liked this post
  3. On the Contrary

02-13-2018, 05:50 AM
    On the contrary I always know when my battery and sd card will stop working as my Canon XA-20 always displays the amount remaining for each at all times, my files are extremely large as this camera is a very high quality and used to film television shows and a gaming session of a few hours will be 30GB's. I use a Mac which has issues with files over 4GB due to the filing system they have, thus as I play a game for an hour or more straight I have to periodically stop recording to create a new file on my sd card to stay below 4GB, If I showed the bootup up in the initial start of a game it will certainly be on a different file an have to be edited onto the submission run which is certainly not acceptable as there would be no way of them being connected timewise as the boot and run would be seperated events timewise; thus I always show bootup after a good run on a game so they are perfectly connected with no edits inbetween them. The only edit needed is cut off the unused footage shot before the run took place on the existing file, which works perfectly to keep the run and bootup without cuts and with 100% confidance upon viewing.
    Thanks
  4. 02-13-2018, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    On the contrary I always know when my battery and sd card will stop working as my Canon XA-20 always displays the amount remaining for each at all times, my files are extremely large as this camera is a very high quality and used to film television shows and a gaming session of a few hours will be 30GB's. I use a Mac which has issues with files over 4GB due to the filing system they have, thus as I play a game for an hour or more straight I have to periodically stop recording to create a new file on my sd card to stay below 4GB, If I showed the bootup up in the initial start of a game it will certainly be on a different file an have to be edited onto the submission run which is certainly not acceptable as there would be no way of them being connected timewise as the boot and run would be seperated events timewise; thus I always show bootup after a good run on a game so they are perfectly connected with no edits inbetween them. The only edit needed is cut off the unused footage shot before the run took place on the existing file, which works perfectly to keep the run and bootup without cuts and with 100% confidance upon viewing.
    Thanks
    I understand your words and have certainly seen that perspective voiced before. However, it's not yourself you are trying to convince: it is the adjudicators. As I mentioned, there's very little on this game that provides a good reason to follow my suggestion but other games are significantly different in character & potential question. It's just something to be aware of. ;)

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks Mitch Mitchell thanked this post
  5. 02-13-2018, 06:39 AM
    Right on, yeah having no edits between the bootup and gameplay is for the judges first AND me second, as this way we all can see its complete and there, if I had an edit and difference of time I could literally have booted up and filmed it then shut off the camera and been dishonest somehow then picked up the feed after that point for the run; which is not ok to even have a shred of doubt in my submission in my opinion. I understand what you mean, there are games I suppose with settings that affect gameplay ahead of time, but after finishing a run the settings are shown that were used automatically when arriving back at the gameplay setup screen and cannot be hid or changed. If theres a cut from bootup to gameplay, then 15yrs from now if someone notices they might think I cheated and thats unnacceptable, but this way they cannot come to that wrong conclusion. Thanks for reading it all and understanding, as also these 2 posts are my evidence on my behalf already put into place for such an occasion if i am not able to defend my scores; at some point we all pass away and must think ahead with these respects.
    Thanks Barthax
    Likes Barthax, TRB_MetroidTeam liked this post
Join us