admin staff's Feed

admin staff
01-10-2018 at 03:53 AM
2822 Comments
Rating: 9 votes, 4.22 average.

Scoreboard Errors - Report them here

Dear Community
Name:  error_icon.jpg
Views: 16142
Size:  54.1 KB

The TWIN GALAXIES main forum area has been retired , please use this post to report any scoreboard errors.
We understand that users need immediate response on issues, please try to post the link to the score with the description of the error and a screenshot.


Regards
Admin Staff
ThanksN/A, JJT_Defender thanked this post
LikesN/A, JJT_Defender liked this post
Comments
  1. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Playstation 3 - Gran Turismo 5. A ton of these tracks for this game have a ton of wasted space in the rules that could be cut down. Here is an example.

  2. Snowflake's Avatar

    yes i understand that, but the game i created had no exclamatoin mark in it. i simply created tracks for "FIRE" as you can see in the completed track creation thread. so even though i put in no exclamation mark, i was still forbidden from making the track. it appears that if "name!" already exists then you cant even make "name" (without exclamation) for a game.

    Likesdatagod, Barthax liked this post
  3. Doron's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    Rule edits are done after the tracks are activated.

    This track is now activated

    Please add this to the special rules:


    This game will use "victory margin" for final score, which is calculated by how many points you have won the game by. (Ex. If you beat the computer 16-4, your final score will then be 12, which is how many points you won by) You must win by at least 1 point or your game will be disqualified.

    Thank you

    ps

    And while you're there,could you also fix the Missing line breaks ?

    Updated 08-01-2020 at 04:27 PM by Doron
  4. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    I see the potential issue. It looks like Fire! is already being used as a name for another game (Pinball) that is unrelated to the game you are trying to create tracks for. Since exclamations are not used in URLs the system is confused.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/fire/

    I believe it to be more complicated than simply "Fire" already exists. "Donkey Kong" already exists as a multitude of different games, but if we were to create a new game "Donkey Kong" on a platform that doesn't already have that game on it, it would go through just fine. The ! is the key.




  5. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138


    I believe it to be more complicated than simply "Fire" already exists. "Donkey Kong" already exists as a multitude of different games, but if we were to create a new game "Donkey Kong" on a platform that doesn't already have that game on it, it would go through just fine. The ! is the key.

    @Snowflake

    I understand what you are saying, but it's a mixture of two.

    Donkey Kong over a variety of platforms is still Donkey Kong and you can select the platform you are looking for from the platform drop-down.

    When you go here: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/fire/

    There is no option to select another platform from the drop-down because the games have no relation to each other. This game uses an exclamation point no problem....So the URL tag for the game "fire" is already taken. The "Fire" game for Game & Watch will need to be differentiated in the URL with a "2" or something (Fire-2)


    Updated 08-01-2020 at 05:25 PM by SincerelyFranny
  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    I understand what you are saying, but it's a mixture of two.

    Donkey Kong over a variety of platforms is still Donkey Kong and you can select the platform you are looking for from the platform drop-down.

    When you go here: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/fire/

    There is no option to select another platform from the drop-down because the games have no relation to each other. This game uses an exclamation point no problem....So the URL tag for the game "fire" is already taken. The "Fire" game for Game & Watch will need to be differentiated in the URL with a "2" or something (Fire-2)


    so to be clear of one platform has a name with an ! the url handles that fine. but going forward noother platform can use the same name without the !.

    how are track creators supposed to know ahead of time their game already exists elsewhere with a question mark? every tiem i make a track for a new game am i expcted to check the site to see noone else already made the game and included an !? it seems track creation should warn of an error. however in lieue of a progmatic fix like that, i and all my good faith donor are unfailry out submission points

    is there any aventue for competensation other than to make yet another attempt at a track and just hope it pray this time a bug doesnt take our points?

  7. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake


    so to be clear of one platform has a name with an ! the url handles that fine. but going forward noother platform can use the same name without the !.

    how are track creators supposed to know ahead of time their game already exists elsewhere with a question mark? every tiem i make a track for a new game am i expcted to check the site to see noone else already made the game and included an !? it seems track creation should warn of an error. however in lieue of a progmatic fix like that, i and all my good faith donor are unfailry out submission points

    is there any aventue for competensation other than to make yet another attempt at a track and just hope it pray this time a bug doesnt take our points?

    It seems like the system was never programmed to take into consideration games with the same name. It's possible that the tracks you made still exist somewhere, but until the URL problem is fixed we will have no way of seeing it.

    Are these your tracks?

  8. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Doron


    This track is now activated

    Please add this to the special rules:


    This game will use "victory margin" for final score, which is calculated by how many points you have won the game by. (Ex. If you beat the computer 16-4, your final score will then be 12, which is how many points you won by) You must win by at least 1 point or your game will be disqualified.

    Thank you

    ps

    And while you're there,could you also fix the Missing line breaks ?

    Can you please provide a link to the completed track?
  9. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    It seems like the system was never programmed to take into consideration games with the same name. It's possible that the tracks you made still exist somewhere, but until the URL problem is fixed we will have no way of seeing it.

    Are these your tracks?

    yes that looks correct

    also you can see it here

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/219321-Nintendo-Game-amp-Watch-FIRE-G-amp-W-Fire-Points-Game-A


    it appears there were 4 "voters" i take that to mean donators. dont know if one of the four or if the 4 are in addtion to me, but either way that means at least 3 others also spent points and i hope they get credit

  10. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake


    yes that looks correct

    also you can see it here

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/219321-Nintendo-Game-amp-Watch-FIRE-G-amp-W-Fire-Points-Game-A


    it appears there were 4 "voters" i take that to mean donators. dont know if one of the four or if the 4 are in addtion to me, but either way that means at least 3 others also spent points and i hope they get credit

    At least we know they exist. We just need to get the URL fixed and we will see if they got credit as founders.
    I'm pretty confident that they did. I'll be sure to badger @admin staff
    ThanksSnowflake thanked this post
    LikesBarthax liked this post
  11. Doron's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    Can you please provide a link to the completed track?

    Sure,there you go : https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ultra-tank/mame

    Thanks



  12. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Doron
    Done. Please check
    ThanksDoron thanked this post
    LikesDoron liked this post
  13. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake


    yes that looks correct

    also you can see it here

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/219321-Nintendo-Game-amp-Watch-FIRE-G-amp-W-Fire-Points-Game-A


    it appears there were 4 "voters" i take that to mean donators. dont know if one of the four or if the 4 are in addtion to me, but either way that means at least 3 others also spent points and i hope they get credit


    The URL has been repaired.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/gw-fire/

    ThanksSnowflake thanked this post
  14. Bogart's Avatar

    I would like to ask for a rule to be added to a game that has 4 tracks.

    Wii Virtual Console Turf Masters - current rules make no reference to difficulty level to be selected.

    The options are Easy, Normal, Hard or MVS. The current record holder used Normal on all his submissions, however, there are other submissions before TGSAP.

    I would like to propose that either one of the following rules be added to these tracks.

    Option 1: You may select any difficulty level
    Option 2: You must select Normal difficulty

    I suppose since previous tracks were submitted, option 1 would be the way to go, but either way this would be good to clarify.

    Here are the tracks:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/neo-turf-masters/nintendo-wii-virtual-console

    Thank you.

  15. Barthax's Avatar

    I'm an tired idiot... I've created duplicate tracks on TrackMania [2020]. Could the single-digit track numbers be prefixed with a 0, please: so "Training - 1" becomes "Training - 01", etc. For the "Summer 2020" set of tracks you'll find there's some duplicates - a "Summer 2020 - 1" and a "Summer 2020 - 01". Please retain the 0-prefixed versions and delete the non-prefixed versions.

  16. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax

    I'm an tired idiot... I've created duplicate tracks on TrackMania [2020]. Could the single-digit track numbers be prefixed with a 0, please: so "Training - 1" becomes "Training - 01", etc. For the "Summer 2020" set of tracks you'll find there's some duplicates - a "Summer 2020 - 1" and a "Summer 2020 - 01". Please retain the 0-prefixed versions and delete the non-prefixed versions.

    Links please :)
  17. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart

    I would like to ask for a rule to be added to a game that has 4 tracks.

    Wii Virtual Console Turf Masters - current rules make no reference to difficulty level to be selected.

    The options are Easy, Normal, Hard or MVS. The current record holder used Normal on all his submissions, however, there are other submissions before TGSAP.

    I would like to propose that either one of the following rules be added to these tracks.

    Option 1: You may select any difficulty level
    Option 2: You must select Normal difficulty

    I suppose since previous tracks were submitted, option 1 would be the way to go, but either way this would be good to clarify.

    Here are the tracks:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/neo-turf-masters/nintendo-wii-virtual-console

    Thank you.


    I'd like to see if @YesAffinity has any input on this since has holds spots on all leaderboards.

    LikesBogart, YesAffinity liked this post
  18. YesAffinity's Avatar

    Thanks @SincerelyFranny and @Bogart . My vote is for option #2 that @Bogart suggested. Follow my logic, and feel free to poke holes in it.

    A) TG allows performing at higher difficulty levels than the specified level

    B) Any previous entries that may have been played on EASY have been beaten, so the bar has been set at NORMAL

    C) Most competitive gameplay in this title (and believe it or not, there is a pretty decent following for it), are played at the default MVS setting, which is 4 (out of 8). In my opinion, the game played exactly the same on NORMAL as it does when I play at the default setting on any other platform. Those platforms are either arcade (MVS) or some form of arcade emulation, with the exception of Neo CD. I play emulated Neo CD from time to time, and the NCD version of NTM offers the same difficulty options as the Wii VC version. The default is also NORMAL on the NCD version, and it too plays the same as the other referenced versions and formats (using their defaults as the reference).

    Confirming the niche follow for this great game from the 90's and Neo Geo archives, we just finished the NTM Summer Open, in the NTM Clubhouse facebook group:

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/neoturfmastersclubhouse

    Hope this insight and my $.02 is helpful.

    ThanksBogart, SincerelyFranny thanked this post
    Updated 08-04-2020 at 06:13 PM by YesAffinity
  19. Bogart's Avatar

    B) Any previous entries that may have been played on EASY have been beaten, so the bar has been set at NORMAL -@YesAffinity

    I agree with this assessment, and my initial reaction was that this should be the rule selected. Most of the time I've seen this situation, TG will go with Option 1. However, I believe the other scores are low enough (compared to the MAME scores) and there are very few of them also, so that in this case it would be acceptable if Option 2 was chosen.

    Option 2 - must choose Normal difficulty - would be my preference as well.

    ThanksSincerelyFranny, YesAffinity thanked this post
  20. Snowflake's Avatar

    i hope any rules change will include the documentaion of change within the rule set itself so it wont get lost

Page 141 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 LastLast
Join us