admin staff's Feed

admin staff
01-10-2018 at 03:53 AM
3737 Comments
Rating: 13 votes, 4.00 average.

Scoreboard Errors - Website Errors - Report them here

Dear Community


The TWIN GALAXIES main forum area has been retired , please use this post to report any scoreboard or website errors. We understand that users need immediate response on issues, please try to post the link to the score with the description of the error and a screenshot. Regards Admin Staff
ThanksN/A, JJT_Defender, Bishop Black thanked this post
Comments
  1. Barthax's Avatar

    The link to the scoreboard from the submission thread https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/241405-Sega-Genesis-Sega-Mega-Drive-Ayrton-Senna-s-Super-Monaco-GP-II-EMU-Free-Run-Belgium-Fastest-Lap-46-05 goes to a different (but typographically very similar) variation. There are two variations for Emulated Belgium submissions: https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ayrton-sennas-super-monaco-gp-ii/sega-genesis-sega-mega-drive/?track=belgium with just a space as the difference in the title which appears to be the confusion.

  2. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Not sure if this is track related or website as a whole related. The score shows up in the Queue and if you make a comment in the thread, however the score doesn't display when you click on the submission thread itself.

    Edit: Appears to be doing this on several submissions.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/241476-Game-Boy-Game-Boy-Color-Kirby-s-Dream-Land-Points-594-850

    Likesstarcrytas liked this post
  3. Barthax's Avatar

    Very minor typo in the title for https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/final-fantasy-xiii/xbox-360/battle-result-chapter-9-psicom-dragoon-x2psicom-raider-x2-psicom-reaver-score/

    Battle Result - Chapter 9 - PSICOM Dragoon x2PSICOM Raider x2, PSICOM Reaver [Score]

    Could you add a comma, please:

    Battle Result - Chapter 9 - PSICOM Dragoon x2, PSICOM Raider x2, PSICOM Reaver [Score]

  4. Barthax's Avatar

    I've created two variations the "wrong way around". Thankfully, a simple change of the titles will rectify the mistake if someone could oblige, thanks. :)

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/final-fantasy-xiii/xbox-360/battle-result-chapter-9-psicom-dragoon-x2-viking-battle-duration/page/1?ref=fbshare

    Could this one be changed to:

    Battle Result - Chapter 9 - PSICOM Dragoon x2, Viking [Score]

    ------

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/final-fantasy-xiii/xbox-360/battle-result-chapter-9-psicom-dragoon-x2-viking-score/

    Could this one be changed to:

    Battle Result - Chapter 9 - PSICOM Dragoon x2, Viking [Battle Duration]



    If you check the rules, they start with the intended type (Battle Duration or Score): the above change should match them up correctly. :)

  5. Barthax's Avatar

    Found a duplicate track on Hill Climb Racing 2. Could you delete the track at https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=232940

    It's original already carries submissions: https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=223259

    Could you then change the original to the deleted one as it is a more appropriate track title encompassing changes that have happened in the game. The Jeep vehicle was renamed to Hill Climber but there are submission using the Jeep name and retaining that name ensures they will not be disputed by short-of-sight checks.:

    Time Trial - Dirty Rally - Fingerwoods - Hill Climber/Jeep [Time]



    ---------------

    Could the track at https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=223260 be deleted please as there is a better-named duplicate at https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=232941 .

    Updated 02-20-2022 at 07:09 AM by Barthax
  6. megaderek's Avatar

    Do video uploads with a frame rate > 60.0fps cause server errors?

    It seems it happened both times I've submitted scores with videos with a higher than 60.0fps.

    I use MAME's -aviwrite option to generate my videos and I then convert them to MP4. The videos generated have whatever the arcade machine refresh rate is so for some arcade games its actually slightly higher than 60.0fps.


  7. megaderek's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by megaderek

    Do video uploads with a frame rate > 60.0fps cause server errors?

    It seems it happened both times I've submitted scores with videos with a higher than 60.0fps.

    I use MAME's -aviwrite option to generate my videos and I then convert them to MP4. The videos generated have whatever the arcade machine refresh rate is so for some arcade games its actually slightly higher than 60.0fps.

    Sorry my bad, looks like the videos are working now.


  8. Barthax's Avatar

    I've just noticed the following on https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_index.php?title=Policy:General-Gameplay-Global-Rules-and-Guidelines-for-all-Submissions& :

    PROHIBITED LEADERBOARDS

    Under no circumstances will Twin Galaxies allow user establishment of any leaderboards or track rule requirements that relate to a submitter's age, race, gender, ethnicity, religion, physical attributes, health or disability.

    Could Twin Galaxies comment on the rule across various Just Dance games which indicates "Players must play standing" which prohibits submissions from players based on "physical attributes, health or disability."

  9. Jlemory1's Avatar

    I was trying to make an expert scoring track for Food Fight on the Atari XE, but when I created the track I selected Food Fight (Rev 3) in the drop down box instead of just Food Fight for the game title by mistake. Doing this sort of separated it from the other Food Fight scoring tracks on the Atari XE. Can this be edited so that it is with the other Food Fight XE scores?

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/food-fight-rev-3/atari-400-800-xl-xe


    Thanks,

    Justin Emory


  10. Jlemory1's Avatar

    I was wanting to submit some scores on the Xbox live arcade gameroom tracks but the server appears to be permanently down. Ranked mode can't be played anymore, but you can still play classic mode. In classic mode the player can fast forward, rewind, etc. The current rules state the game must be played in ranked mode only. My question is could the rules be amended the allow play in classic mode provided the player does not rewind, pause, etc? Here is a link to the score I submitted.

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/240725-Xbox-360-Live-Arcade-Game-Room-Food-Fight-Points-179-600-Justin-Emory



  11. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Would it be possible to make these 3 drop downs have the option to start typing the name to narrow down the results?


    Likesonlyinajeep liked this post
  12. LAH16's Avatar

    @admin staff @Jace Hall

    Hello all. If possible, I'd like to request a slight change to the Dunk Contest tracks I've made for NBA Street V3. For the tracks that don't have them, I'd like for the word "VS." to be added to the tracks and placed just before the basketball players' names. For example, "NTSC - Dunk Contest - VS. LeBron James [Points, Add All]". Here's a link to where the tracks can be found.

    Twin Galaxies

    Thank you so much in advance.

    ThanksTWIN GALAXIES thanked this post
  13. Excelliron's Avatar

    Greetings @admin staff

    I've noticed that when one goes to someone's profile and scrolls down to their wall posts, the profile picture that appears next to the wall post has a broken link. It never actually displays someone's profile picture. More often than not its just a blank space.

    Here's an example:

  14. Snowflake's Avatar

    I believe i can prove atari 2600 beat'em and eat'em incorrectly had its difficulty changed to hard (1b) when it was meant to be easy (1a)

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/beat-em-eat-em/atari-2600-vcs


    This scoreboard has its top score, as well as 3 or the existing 4 imported from snipercade which by default was easiest settings and so what they competed under

    https://web.archive.org/web/20010221152244/http://www.snipercade.com/atari/tg_2600.htm


    I have learned from older members this makes sense, at one point someone trying to be a hero wanted to give rules to games that didnt list them. since all empty rules for atari were "easiest" and 99% of the time easiest means "1b", it means this person changed all tracks to 1b when some should've been someting else. Its not as easy as reverting since some later games truly were meant to be 1b expliclity, but i believe showing this was from snipercade demonstrates this is in fact one of the tracks that was intended to be easiest settings.

    LikesBarthax liked this post
  15. LAH16's Avatar

    @admin staff @Jace Hall

    Hello again. First off, thank you so much for fixing the titles of the Dunk Contest tracks for NBA Street V3 on PlayStation 2. Means a lot to me. And I hate to be a bother and apologies for that, but I'd like to request help with the names of other tracks I've made, this time for NBA Street Vol. 2 on PlayStation 2. On all of the Pick Up Game tracks, I'd like to request "VS." to be added in before the names of the teams, if possible. Using the NBA Stars as an example...

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Blowout]"

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Combo]"

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Trick Points]

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Blowout by Trick Points]"

    Again, thanks so much in advance and apologies for the hassle. When creating tracks in the future I'll be careful and name them more accurately. Here is a link to where the tracks can be found.

    Twin Galaxies

  16. TWIN GALAXIES's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by LAH16

    @admin staff @Jace Hall

    Hello again. First off, thank you so much for fixing the titles of the Dunk Contest tracks for NBA Street V3 on PlayStation 2. Means a lot to me. And I hate to be a bother and apologies for that, but I'd like to request help with the names of other tracks I've made, this time for NBA Street Vol. 2 on PlayStation 2. On all of the Pick Up Game tracks, I'd like to request "VS." to be added in before the names of the teams, if possible. Using the NBA Stars as an example...

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Blowout]"

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Combo]"

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Trick Points]

    "NTSC - Pick Up Game - VS. NBA Stars [Biggest Blowout by Trick Points]"

    Again, thanks so much in advance and apologies for the hassle. When creating tracks in the future I'll be careful and name them more accurately. Here is a link to where the tracks can be found.

    Twin Galaxies


    Unfortunately, there are too many and the alteration you are requesting is not needed enough compared to the time involved in making the changes. The track titles are clear enough to understand the intention.

    ThanksLAH16 thanked this post
  17. LAH16's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES



    Unfortunately, there are too many and the alteration you are requesting is not needed enough compared to the time involved in making the changes. The track titles are clear enough to understand the intention.

    Completely understood. Thank you very much.

    ThanksTWIN GALAXIES thanked this post
  18. LAH16's Avatar

    @admin staff @Jace Hall

    If possible, could I request for "VS." to be added before the names of the wrestlers in the tracks I made for WWE All Stars on PlayStation 3? For example...

    "Exhibition - 1 VS. 1 - VS. CM Punk [Stars]"

    Here's the link to where the tracks can be found. Or is the word "VS." not needed to be here in front of the wrestlers' names? Thanks so much in advance.

    Twin Galaxies

    Updated 02-28-2022 at 06:46 PM by LAH16
  19. TWIN GALAXIES's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by LAH16

    @admin staff @Jace Hall

    If possible, could I request for "VS." to be added before the names of the wrestlers in the tracks I made for WWE All Stars on PlayStation 3? For example...

    "Exhibition - 1 VS. 1 - VS. CM Punk [Stars]"

    Here's the link to where the tracks can be found. Or is the word "VS." not needed to be here in front of the wrestlers' names? Thanks so much in advance.

    Twin Galaxies

    This addition is not necessary for people to understand the track purpose. What you have there is already fine.

    ThanksLAH16 thanked this post
  20. sdwyer138's Avatar

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/cacoma-knight-in-bizyland/super-nintendo-entertainment-system/ntsc-points/

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/cacoma-knight-in-bizyland/super-nintendo-entertainment-system/emu-points/

    The rules for both tracks is currently:

    "3 Lives [No Codes or Continues Permitted]
    Special Rules: None"


    The rules for both tracks should be updated to:

    "1P vs Com

    May select any character and controller configuration

    Level = Normal"


    Justification: Existing rules are very generic and do not match with the options actually given by the game. New rules are specific and accurate to the game. All three currently accepted scores conform to proposed new rules - no advantage is gained or lost.

    ThanksTWIN GALAXIES thanked this post
Join us