admin staff's Feed

admin staff
09-06-2018 at 03:24 AM
38 Comments
Rate this Entry

Errors and Resolution !!!!

Dear Community


I have noticed that many users have complaints about the functionality and have their views on what needs to prioritized .


I invite our user base to list out top 10 issues which need to be fixed . In order to do this efficiently , i would request users to comment and unanimously list up to 10 points which need immediate attention.


We will try to do this exercise bi-weekly to resolve issues and help enhance the user experience on the site


Regards

Admin Staff



ThanksHugDD, Bishop, xcess dead rew, Barthax thanked this post
LikesHugDD, lexmark, Ben Way, Retro-Shark, Bishop liked this post
Comments
  1. Ragequit's Avatar

    1. I would like track creation to be less expensive. 2.TG members should be given some sort of notification of submissions that have been in the queue too long urging them to vote accordingly. 3. Stop punishing TG members for cancelled submissions. And the penalty for a wrong vote is too high anyway. Everything else is pretty much covered.

  2. Marc's Avatar

    I echo a lot of what others have said.

    In addition, I think there should be an expiry on empty tracks. As a relative newcomer to Twin Galaxies, I find it really confusing to tell what tracks should be submitted to over another. I believe tracks that haven’t had a score submitted to it for 12 months and is empty should just be deleted. Refund the submission points to the creators if need be, but at least get rid of them. There’s too many for the same game that are never used.

  3. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    We have made some changes to the New Game Track Marketplace. There is now a ‘Reject’ button visible only to the thread creator and TG Admin. Proposed tracks rejected from the marketplace are now archived in a new ‘Rejected Tracks’ forum. This should help clean up the marketplace for everyone.


    Additionally we have upgraded the editor on the Add Track page to have the same functionality as on the home page.


    This is based on feedback from the community – keep bombarding us!

    ThanksBarthax, GibGirl, MyOwnWorstEnemy thanked this post
    Likessdwyer138 liked this post
  4. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    We have made some changes to the New Game Track Marketplace. There is now a ‘Reject’ button visible only to the thread creator and TG Admin. Proposed tracks rejected from the marketplace are now archived in a new ‘Rejected Tracks’ forum. This should help clean up the marketplace for everyone.


    Additionally we have upgraded the editor on the Add Track page to have the same functionality as on the home page.


    This is based on feedback from the community – keep bombarding us!


    Great news!


    I have rejected the one bad proposal I had in there. I hope everyone in the community can take a couple minutes to do the same :)

    LikesGibGirl liked this post
  5. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc

    I echo a lot of what others have said.

    In addition, I think there should be an expiry on empty tracks. As a relative newcomer to Twin Galaxies, I find it really confusing to tell what tracks should be submitted to over another. I believe tracks that haven’t had a score submitted to it for 12 months and is empty should just be deleted. Refund the submission points to the creators if need be, but at least get rid of them. There’s too many for the same game that are never used.


    I'm sorry, but this suggestion I think will discourage track creation and participation, especially from new users.


    If you have a concern about specific tracks that are redundant or poorly written, bring it up here so it can be resolved.


    ThanksRagequit thanked this post
    LikesSnowflake, Barthax liked this post
    Updated 09-07-2018 at 08:26 AM by sdwyer138
  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    I'm currently uploading my asterroids marathon and stumbled on a corner case issue iwth uploading. i realize TG wont be getting a 40 performance uloaded every day but here goes:

    i have 10 seperate 4 hours file. at first i tried uploading all at once, some said 100% yet since others failed nothing went through. I Then tried uploading only two at once, firs one fully uploaded every gave me a messag saying TG recieved the entire file, but because the second one didnt fully upload, the first didnt appear in the thread. it would appear that when use "additional evidence" for multiple files in parallel if just one of them fails, then for some weird reason the programming will remove even the files it did receive. This makes zero sense to me. Of course there is a workaround to only upload one at a file at a time, and i'm engaged in that work around now, even still, this has to be a bug.

  7. Barthax's Avatar

    Are TG trying catherding here?



    Implement the ticket system with a voting option of some sort to prioritise. ;)

  8. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    We have made some changes to the New Game Track Marketplace. There is now a ‘Reject’ button visible only to the thread creator and TG Admin. Proposed tracks rejected from the marketplace are now archived in a new ‘Rejected Tracks’ forum. This should help clean up the marketplace for everyone.


    Additionally we have upgraded the editor on the Add Track page to have the same functionality as on the home page.


    This is based on feedback from the community – keep bombarding us!


    corner case: banned user creates duplicate track that noone (not even he) donated too. pure clutter. one of several examples here https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/167649-Speedruns-Adventure-ll-Fastest-completion

  9. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake



    corner case: banned user creates duplicate track that noone (not even he) donated too. pure clutter. one of several examples here https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/167649-Speedruns-Adventure-ll-Fastest-completion


    Yes TG Admin will eventually need to take ownership of deleting probably most of these.

  10. admin staff's Avatar

    Hi All


    The ticketing system will be live in a few days . We have the functionality coded and its under testing . We will make it available soon


    Regards

    Admin Staff

    ThanksBarthax, Snowflake, GibGirl, Marc, MyOwnWorstEnemy thanked this post
    LikesGibGirl liked this post
  11. Barthax's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff

    Hi All


    The ticketing system will be live in a few days . We have the functionality coded and its under testing . We will make it available soon


    Regards

    Admin Staff


    Hehe, this thread is likely to turn into another Scoreboard Errors thread otherwise. ;)

    LikesPixe Sukola liked this post
  12. Retro-Shark's Avatar

    Besides everything that’s been mentioned, I’m leaning more towards optimizations.

    - Faster score submission scroll down list. Tedious (in my case) choosing the game filter and choosing a specific title then wait for the page to load then have to select “all” to look at another game submission then wait while it loads again before being able to choose another game.

    - Clearer how-tos on submitting content besides records like tracks. I tried submitting a track for the first time last month and had to guess work my way on what text fields to fill with no preview being available. As the general help section can be so vague or outdated.

  13. Conjured Entertainment's Avatar

    I had no list, but agree with many things already said, so I assembled my list based on agreement with other wishes...


    1: Clean up the New Track Marketplace. There are tons of proposals in there where the submitter has stated "don't fund this". All those need to be deleted. Then, add a way for the submitter to cancel a proposal.


    2. add an ability to sort/filter dispute area based on type of dispute -- missing evidence, leeching, impossible score,....


    3: Merge these accounts, they are the same person:


    4. Settle it on the Screen needs to be weekly again. It really brought together the community of TG and gamers.


    5: Make the "world record" count be all #1 scores, not just those which have TG listed as a track founder.


    6: Make the swear filter a user option that can be turned off or on from the user's general settings. I'm an adult, and I'm not offended by the word c-h-e-a-p.


    7.


    8. Bring back SIOTS at least on a weekly basis - Basic TG coverage of active users is lacking. If not weekly support, consider matching user donations to SIOTS or offering a fixed amount of monthly "advertising and promotions expense" funds to SIOTS to at least partially assist in broadcasts.


    9.


    10. Broadcast a SotG monthly to discuss and communicate current and future TG topics. This broadcast could be hosted by any admin staff member on any given month. We're mostly all interested to know what the State of the Galaxies is, even if done so in an informal setting such as a simple twitch/youtube stream. Communication!



    As you can see above, I found no #7 or #9 from previous suggestions, so I used some duplicate #'s for those two...


    3. Automatically subscribe a user to a thread anytime they vote on a submission


    4. Notify all subscribers whenever "new video evidence" has been added to a thread and allow for a grace period prior to submission resolution so that users may have time to evaluate the new evidence.


    ... so, using those two above for the 7 and 9, you have my list.


    I would love to see a dislike button for posts. There are people here who apparently don't know they are trolls :) Even a threshold like reddit where a post can be hidden automatically once its hit a threshold of negative votes.

    I have to disagree with this one.


    Liking a post is certainly positive, and also saves us from multiple posts of the same ideas. If you dislike a post, then you can simply state why with your own post, which would add new ideas to the thread. Simply clicking a dislike button, without stating why, adds nothing but negativity.


    As far as adding a button to hide information based on likes or dislikes...

    Why should we hide information based on the opinions of others?


    Wouldn't that be like burning books because we disagree with the thoughts or ideas expressed by others?


    You can ignore things that you dislike yourself without any attempts to prevents all others from being exposed to it. Removing posts based on votes of likes or dislike creates a biased atmosphere suited only to the majority and not to all. Society seems to be divided in more than enough ways already. I think that a unity of free thoughts and expression, so that we might better understand each other, would be better than censorship, or blacklists, or bans.


    Speaking of Bans, I see more than one suggestion to un-ban Rudy for the purpose of banning him again. While all of this may sound amusing so some, it is not to others. I am not defending the thoughts/ideas/emotions expressed by Rudy, but I will defend his right to express them. I am not even sure why everyone dislikes Rudy so much, other than disagreeing with what he says. For me, the only speech unacceptable is the threat of physical violence. Anything else goes, because "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.". That is the reason that no verbal abuse is grounds for physical violence. You can simply ignore unpleasant speech or text.


    People have the same right to dislike/hate as they do to like/love. It is actions that should be condemned because they may affect others physically. However, trying to deny others their right to hate at the same time you are trying to exercise you right to dislike seems a bit hypocritical to me. So, that is why I disagree with this suggestion of change.


    A tick box for filtered or unfiltered seems a better option for individuals to choose what is offensive or otherwise unpleasant for them personally, so they can filter it for themselves.


    Even if the majority of us do not like something, or someone, doesn't mean that the minority should be excluded in the process.


    Twin Galaxies should be open to all, regadrless of their personal beliefs.


    Valid reasons for a ban should be for intentional cheating, unauthorized access to the server, or threats of physical harm/violence.


    I cannot agree with banning someone simply because I didn't like what they had to say.

    Updated 09-08-2018 at 07:31 AM by Conjured Entertainment
  14. kernzyp's Avatar

    1. I would love to have the option to combine PAL and NTSC ESI tables so we can see worldwide comparisons.
    By default it is how it should be. I'd like to be able to click a button to see how badly Shaun has kicked my posteria at Gran Turismo !

    ESI seems to be worked out from the bottom up.
    If I have the fastest time on every Gran Turismo 2 track, I will only be in 4th. place on the ESI leader board, because more scores were entered for NTSC and have 3 or 4 places in the table, where PAL does not. "High Score" tables should reflect exactly that. But that's another bucket of snakes....

    2. Give me some submission points back, you scoundrels :D

    LikesBarthax liked this post
  15. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    1: This kind of thing has been in discussion for a while. Bear with us.


    2: Get back in your box Paul.


    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp

    1. I would love to have the option to combine PAL and NTSC ESI tables so we can see worldwide comparisons.
    By default it is how it should be. I'd like to be able to click a button to see how badly Shaun has kicked my posteria at Gran Turismo !

    ESI seems to be worked out from the bottom up.
    If I have the fastest time on every Gran Turismo 2 track, I will only be in 4th. place on the ESI leader board, because more scores were entered for NTSC and have 3 or 4 places in the table, where PAL does not. "High Score" tables should reflect exactly that. But that's another bucket of snakes....

    2. Give me some submission points back, you scoundrels :D

  16. kernzyp's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    1: This kind of thing has been in discussion for a while. Bear with us.


    2: Get back in your box Paul.



    3. Please stop removing my scores from the database.

    4. I don't do requests.

    5. There is no box.


    LikesDave Hawksett liked this post
  17. stella_blue's Avatar


    1. Restore the Start Date & Time (i.e., make those fields visible on the index page) for all adjudication forums: Submission Review, Accepted, Rejected, Canceled, etc.
    2. Correct the Last Post Date & Time (on the index page) for all adjudication forums.


    For an example of #2, look at the Submission Review Forum using the default sort parameters (Last Post Date in descending order). The first item is correct, but there is a discrepancy of 7 hours for everything else. Also, the column heading should be "Last Post Date" or simply "Last Post" (instead of "Last Post By").


  18. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    We would love to release our entire list of things we intend to add/change. There are items on it that come from some of your previous posts Angela. There are new features and fixes/adjustments already promised that we want to announce as live before we promise too many other improvements. Expect a general update very soon, and please remember all input really is appreciated and captured.


    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl

    Out of curiosity, how will we know if the items we listed on here are being addressed, are to-dos for later, or are, well, not going to be done?


    I ask because there's a couple items that I listed which I had brought up multiple times in the past with no acknowledgement, so I don't know if it's just a "to-do later", a "won't fix", or was somehow overlooked.

    Likessdwyer138 liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us