Alantheace's Feed

Alantheace
02-19-2021 at 10:53 AM
6 Comments
Rate this Entry

Wall Entry at 02-19-2021 07:49 PM

I am all circus atari'd out now, but 12 records better of, even if i will be playing pal myself. Cant believe the lack of PAL USERS, EUROPE is a big place....

ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
LikesRogerpoco, nads, JJT_Defender, datagod liked this post
Comments
  1. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Man, I actually hope to join in with you someday soon-

    Pete, Nads, sent me a PAL 2600 ages ago(What a Guy!!!), but playing 2600 PAL(or any RF system)is a bit of a challenge, here in NTSC land.

    Modern NTSC TV's can display PAL signal from A/V or better, but they don't have the ability to convert RF properly.


    So you either go thru an expensive convertor system, or have the system A/V modded, I'm prolly gonna go with the latter, but small town, haven't found anyone to do it for me yet(I'm a piddler, but not electronically inclined).


    Yeah, I've got a LOT to do on PAL 2600, whenever I get 'round to it, haha!


    (Open to local suggestions on that A/V mod, I'm just kinda lazy, is the problem...)

    :P

    ThanksAlantheace thanked this post
  2. Alantheace's Avatar

    i too have a problem with my smart tv, the recordings i submit is off old fashioned tv, when i tried the bigger screen ,the reaction time was a secound slower, shame because the screen quality is so much better. it seems i need a converter for the OMZ frequency, 50 to 75 ... but im lazy too. i made the effort once without success, so gave up at 1st hurdle...But any extra pal help would push our attempts to compare with NTSC.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
  3. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Alantheace

    i too have a problem with my smart tv, the recordings i submit is off old fashioned tv, when i tried the bigger screen ,the reaction time was a secound slower, shame because the screen quality is so much better. it seems i need a converter for the OMZ frequency, 50 to 75 ... but im lazy too. i made the effort once without success, so gave up at 1st hurdle...But any extra pal help would push our attempts to compare with NTSC.

    I play all my games in my old CRT TV because my capture device works better with it and of course because it has 0 input lag. But before I got this old TV I used to play on a flatscreen too and a lot of them have an option in the display settings where you find the modes: Movie, sports, Game, etc. The Game mode reduces the input lag significantly, it's not as good as an old CRT TV but it is a lot better than the default setting.

    ThanksAlantheace, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
  4. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola


    I play all my games in my old CRT TV because my capture device works better with it and of course because it has 0 input lag. But before I got this old TV I used to play on a flatscreen too and a lot of them have an option in the display settings where you find the modes: Movie, sports, Game, etc. The Game mode reduces the input lag significantly, it's not as good as an old CRT TV but it is a lot better than the default setting.


    Man...

    MAN!!!

    I'm thinking to give my copy of SMK on the Super Famicom a go, now that I HAVE a Super Famicom.

    I just changed my "comp" settings to "game", we'll see how that goes!

    Is amazing that something like that can make a difference, but if you remember, I was convinced I was "slower" when I stretched the picture to widescreen, so I'm optomistic about that helping me out a bit!!!

    Haha. Seems "obvious", but I never thought about it.


    LikesAlantheace, Pixe Sukola liked this post
  5. Alantheace's Avatar

    Good luck on that.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
  6. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco



    Man...

    MAN!!!

    I'm thinking to give my copy of SMK on the Super Famicom a go, now that I HAVE a Super Famicom.

    I just changed my "comp" settings to "game", we'll see how that goes!

    Is amazing that something like that can make a difference, but if you remember, I was convinced I was "slower" when I stretched the picture to widescreen, so I'm optomistic about that helping me out a bit!!!

    Haha. Seems "obvious", but I never thought about it.


    I would love to see more scores for SMK from you, maybe I'll join you too.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
Join us