Almighty Dreadlock's Feed

Almighty Dreadlock
10-10-2019 at 06:45 AM
6 Comments
Rate this Entry

25,000

Just noticed that I've supposedly cast 25,000 "correct" votes. Does this put me in the top 10 of people who spend too much time watching other people play games? Should I cease this madness, now, or go for another 25,000?

Comments
  1. Derek's Avatar
    Haha if the madness is keeping you out of trouble and keeping you entertained then go for another 25,000
  2. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    if the madness is keeping you out of trouble and keeping you entertained
    .
    Well, here's the thing: most of the time, it's a mind numbing chore. The submissions queue is invariably dominated by a small number of members, who post a large number of closely related subs. These subs come in huge masses and extensive serials. Block upon block, day after day. It's difficult to see such patterns of activity as anything more than soulless record accumulation, since the level of skill on display is usually mediocre, showing no evidence that the players are pushing themselves toward high achievement, due to love and passion for the games they play.

    Players going through the motions, setting beatable records on easy games. Players who think love for a game means playing it over and over and over, and passion for gaming means throwing tantrums. Players who support fake gamers like Bitchell, Fraudgers and Weepy.

    Fortunately, seeing someone play a good game on Atari gives me a sweet nostalgia trip, so I can forget about the drudgery I put myself through. Why do I do it? Experience, mostly. Entertainment, rarely.
  3. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    It is possible that Guinness also views Twin Galaxies' output as 'quantity over quality', which would explain why TG records no longer feature prominently in Guinness's publications.

    It is also possible that Guinness is aware of the talk concerning "blind voting", has assumed the worst, and no longer trusts TG's output. The obvious ineffectiveness of TG's dispute system is not something which would help to restore lost trust.

    Don't want to speculate on the strength of these possibilities, just putting them forward for consideration.

  4. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock


    .
    Well, here's the thing: most of the time, it's a mind numbing chore. The submissions queue is invariably dominated by a small number of members, who post a large number of closely related subs. These subs come in huge masses and extensive serials. Block upon block, day after day. It's difficult to see such patterns of activity as anything more than soulless record accumulation, since the level of skill on display is usually mediocre, showing no evidence that the players are pushing themselves toward high achievement, due to love and passion for the games they play.

    Players going through the motions, setting beatable records on easy games. Players who think love for a game means playing it over and over and over, and passion for gaming means throwing tantrums.

    Hope I am not lumped into this group of soulless record accumulation, mediocre skilled, none self pushing for high achievement. Then again most of my single level submissions are 99% me restarting after even a single minor mistake. So no way I'm lumped into that group.

  5. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185
    Hope I am not lumped into this group of soulless record accumulation, mediocre skilled, none self pushing for high achievement. Then again most of my single level submissions are 99% me restarting after even a single minor mistake. So no way I'm lumped into that group.
    .
    The robots know who they are, and likely don't give a damn about my opinion. Needless to say, I've been adjudicating your subs, and their positions on the scoreboards speak more than I ever could.
    Thanksthegamer1185 thanked this post
    Likesthegamer1185 liked this post
  6. Desidious's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185


    Hope I am not lumped into this group of soulless record accumulation, mediocre skilled, none self pushing for high achievement. Then again most of my single level submissions are 99% me restarting after even a single minor mistake. So no way I'm lumped into that group.


    I'm pretty sure he is referring to Angry Birds and how they can equate to being number one at anything when in reality it just makes you the biggest turd on top of the pile. It was fun for a second then I realized that falling asleep while recording a boring ass skill-less game is exactly that.

    Likesthegamer1185 liked this post
Join us