PDA

View Full Version : What is Billy Mitchell planning?

Eternal
07-18-2003, 09:56 AM
My guesses:

Releasing taped records for a bunch of classic titles in a batch.
Ms. Pacman, Burgertime, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., etc.

Playing two classic titles *at the same time*.

Reaching the kill screen on Ms. Pacman while playing with his feet.

Scoring 1 million on Ms. Pacman and/or Donkey Kong.

MKM
07-18-2003, 05:11 PM
Just as a guess, I think he wants to be the first to score 1 million on both Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Jr.

I have no evidence to back up this guess.

Ripper
07-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Well, there has already been a score on Donkey Kong Jr. of just over 1 million. And scoring a million on DK is, in my opinion, not as big of a feat as getting a perfect game on Pac-Man.

I don't think he has anything planned. He just wants everybody to think about it and talk about it. :shock:

conspiracy_steve_885900
07-18-2003, 07:54 PM
well, to find out what someone is doing, you have to take a look at the person himself, enter billy mitchell, no as gamer of the centuri, he has conqered many classic games, such as DK, DKJR, pac man, and mrs pac man, he might not hold records on some of them, but he always finds a way to get it back, now what he said on MTV was he was planning somthing BIGGER than the pac man perfect game, now a DK score might be great, but never that great, beating the kill screen, well we all know that cant happen, so lets think for awhile............bigger than perfect pac man, and not donkey kong or JR,.....................it has to do with an old game(circa 1980-1989) we know it is a arcade game, os think of some great arcade games thant have impossabilitys, maby he solved the split-screen on packy? could he have beatin' centipide and scored millions of points? i guess you will all have to wait, for waiting can make it easyer.

07-21-2003, 06:47 PM
Hello all:

Don't discount the possibility that he found a way to clear the kill screens on DK and/or DKJr !! No one even suggested that yet.

Robert

MKM
08-06-2003, 09:54 PM
I have been mulling this over, and my final prediction is that Billy wants to be the first to break 1 million on Donkey Kong.

Like Ms Pac-man, 1 mil on Donkey Kong is just on the horizon of possible, but extremely difficult.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
08-06-2003, 11:06 PM
I have been mulling this over, and my final prediction is that Billy wants to be the first to break 1 million on Donkey Kong.

Like Ms Pac-man, 1 mil on Donkey Kong is just on the horizon of possible, but extremely difficult.

Bah.... I think he's going to go for a PERFECT score on Jr. Pacman... or as close to as possible... now THAT would not only trump Pacman perfect score, but people would be talking about that for a LONG time!

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

MKM
08-06-2003, 11:09 PM
I didn't think Billy is into playing Jr. This type of score is something I would think Abdner Ashman is going after.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
08-06-2003, 11:11 PM
I didn't think Billy is into playing Jr. This type of score is something I would think Abdner Ashman is going after.

Eh, well I just took a stab at this guessing game and it was the most logical thought that came to mind... .. unless he's going to do something like a World Record a day for a month [certain exceptions being when you need to play 24 hours or so to do so, like Asteroids]

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin

Alex_Weir
08-07-2003, 11:47 AM
He could be thinking of sending an INP to MARP :shock:

Err...I'll get me coat....

AL

08-07-2003, 05:27 PM
Hello all:

Hmmm...Bill sending an INP to MARP or Mark for MAME ? That would be something. I've got one that would be even more incredible...

Bill going for the Atari 2600 Pacman record !!

But seriously, I don't think he's into Junior, and from speaking with him previously I got the impression that certain aspects of "Pacman Plus" did not appeal to him. Never discussed "Super Pacman", and I seriously doubt he would invest a lot of time into "Baby Pacman" or "Professor Pacman".

Another possibility is that Bill has been developing a hidden talent from years back, possibly a well known and respected title that he has never publicly scored on before, maybe a "Mr Do" or a "Frogger", perhaps. Who knows...only Bill does.

But I still think Bill merely playing the Atari 2600 Pacman would be a sight to see !!

Robert

MKM
08-07-2003, 06:45 PM
Robert -

Does Billy even play the 2600? Pitfall perhaps? Adventure? Barnstorming? Billy vs Todd Rogers would be something!

RCorcoran
08-07-2003, 07:09 PM
Last time I talked to Bill, he indicated he was not a home console fan, nor did he care for the Pac-type ports to those platforms. :cry:

I'd be willing to play against him on VCS Pacman. :lol:

Here are the VCS Pac-type WR's:

Jr. Pac-Man - Robert Macauley 1,794,250
Ms. Pac-Man - Ron Corcoran 2,654,680
Pac-Man (Game 1, Diff B) - Ron Corcoran 301,400
Pac2600 (by Rob Kudla) - Ron Corcoran 272,300
Pacman (Game 6, Diff A) - Ron Corcoran 125,002

permafrostrick
08-07-2003, 08:49 PM
excuse my console ignorance, but VCS would be which console?

Is that another name for the 2600?

Weehawk
08-07-2003, 09:58 PM
excuse my console ignorance, but VCS would be which console?

Is that another name for the 2600?

Actually 2600 is another name for the VCS. It was called the Atari VCS (Video Computer System) when it was originally marketed.

It was followed by the Atari 5200, which bombed and was followed quickly by the 7800. Somewhere along the line it was decided to also keep selling the VCS under the name 2600...sorta like Coke Classic.

About the same time as the 7800 came the NES, and Atari's prominence in the market was never to be regained.......

permafrostrick
08-07-2003, 10:39 PM
I wasn't 100% sure cuz I never knew they had jrpac for the 2600.

I knew of pacman of course...and later some mspac thing...but thought that was it for the 2600.

I searched the TG database for jr pac and found no tracking for jrpac on the 2600...so that confused me also.

08-07-2003, 11:21 PM
Hello all:

Hah !! No one saw the extreme irony in my suggesting that Bill might try for the 2600 Pacman record. I think that home console Pac records would be the LAST that he would try for, if ever !!

But my other suggestion has some merit...what if Bill has previously unheard of skills at other classic titles ? Me...I'd be in shellshock if he cranked out a score higher than my own at Star Wars TGTS, just to name one.

Robert

The_Pro
08-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Maybe he'll tie himself up to a rigged up arcade machine where if he doesn't score say 300K per hour, the cabinet will explode! :lol:

08-08-2003, 02:35 PM
Hello Martin:

How about he managed to somehow get Nintendo to come out with a special "Donkey Kong" edition where instead of Mario it's a "Digital Bill".

You have to admit...that's never been done before !!

Robert

JJT_Defender
08-18-2003, 10:56 AM
If you remember in the 80' there were 2 regular classic PacMan arcade games one with old chip as we know & the other with the new chip wereupon you had start your normal patterns sooner or change some patterns slightly. There were basically the same game just a bit faster as I remember playing at Grand Prix in Fort lauderdale,Florida you had to start your cherry,apple,bell,key,9-key patterns sooner or different times.

1st. Maybe Billy on PacMan with the new chip lets you skip the unsurpassable split screen and a attained 10million points.

2nd. Or maybe on the Galaga/Ms Pacman arcade reunion game which came out in the late 90' were you can incode & play the classic game Pacman maybe on this version Billy didn't have a split screen to over come and he continued until he broke the 12 million point game that someone did in the 80' & reported in one of the video game magazines as a world record,as you guys know the current world record stands at 3,333,360pts set by 6 people I believe now.

3rd. That Billy figured out how to get pass the split screen on Pacman.

4th. This is what I think he has done I just going by the e-mails I got that Billy has 3 world records they are

1. A million on Donkey Kong;

2.surpassed the million point game set by Steve Wieb on Donkey Kong Jr.;

3.Retook the WR on Burgertime almost 10 million pts.

your fellow gammer JJT

conspiracy_steve_885900
08-18-2003, 05:47 PM
if you watched the MTV true life: im a gamer, he said it would be BIGGER than the pac man score and would be remembered to be better than it, so i think it has nothing to do with the pac man games at all.