Blackflag82's Feed

Blackflag82
02-21-2019 at 06:53 AM
44 Comments
Rate this Entry

Wall Entry at 02-21-2019 02:50 PM

@admin staff @Dave Hawksett

can't respond to some wall posts and the wiki is gone.

I guess all the testing got reserved for the upcoming tournament section?

ThanksSnowflake thanked this post
Likesdatagod liked this post
Comments
  1. sdwyer138's Avatar

    This was a thing that I have experienced for months now.

    If when I go to a wall post for the first time, and nobody else has already commented on it, then there is no comment box. I have to reload the wall post for the comment box to appear



    Separately, why is there no option to do a quoted reply on the initial wall post?

    ThanksBlackflag82 thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  2. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    The update to the site is not complete. Give us a few hours please.

    ThanksConjured Entertainment thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  3. Blackflag82's Avatar

    of course it's not

  4. datagod's Avatar

    Well, the dark theme buttons got fixed! yay!!!

  5. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    The update to the site is not complete. Give us a few hours please.


    I think what you meant to say was “no testing was done as always please let us address only the problems you brought up here and then yet again test nothing else”

    LikesBlackflag82, Desidious liked this post
  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    On the bright side at least the programmer didn’t give all our private info to anyone who wanted it this time.

    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
  7. Desidious's Avatar

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  8. Conjured Entertainment's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    I think what you meant to say was “no testing was done as always please let us address only the problems you brought up here and then yet again test nothing else”

    You guys sure do complain a lot about the administration staff here at Twin Galaxies and the job they do.

    My question to the ones complaining all the time is this...

    Have any of you ever tried to develop and maintain a website of this magnitude?

    I am betting that the answer is NO, because if you have then you would know that it is easier said than done.

    It would be one thing if you were offering constructive suggestions, or trying to help them make the site better, but most of the comments made are like the one above which offer nothing but sarcasm and belittlement.

    Sure, some of you have made helpful suggestions to make the site better in the past, but you act as if your suggestions should have priority and be completely right away. as if they owe you something.

    How is attacking every post Dave makes, or constantly complaining about what has not been done right away, helping the admins or the community?

    We already know that many members here are unsatisfied with the speed of progress at TG, so give it a rest already, because you are starting to sound like a broken record.

    I have nothing against you guys, and agree with a lot of your positive posts, but this constant harassment of the admins (yes, I do consider the constant negative replies to Dave as harassment..."aggressive pressure or intimidation") is not helping your cause in any way.


    Some of the posts above are legitimate concerns and point out possible update errors, but the others are pointless other than to be mean.

    Thankssdwyer138 thanked this post
    Updated 02-21-2019 at 11:57 AM by Conjured Entertainment
  9. Snowflake's Avatar

    actually i've numerous times offered to teach how to test and develop a test plan, and its been ingored every time. I -- and many here -- know alot about both testing and programming and have offered free advice and time after time the offer has been refused every time.

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  10. Snowflake's Avatar

    i even created a very simple test plan, which frankly wouldnt really be enough for most professions, but would be light years ahead of whats currently used, and i can see even that overly simple test plan i offered isnt being used

    i would absoulutely love to see thier test plan if no other reason just to know if they even have one

  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    but sure lets talk other sites (and yes i'm annoyed that my suggestion on testing was quoted as if i'm not trying to help as well as the ridiculous assumption i dont know why i'm talking about, by all means show me where i'm wrong and tell me what complciated thing i'm missing, perhaps if i knew what was do damn tough i could explain to your how to fix it).

    other sites this size dont have their programmer handing out private info of users publicly. yes anyone can be hacked, i'm not talking about being hacked, i'm talking about the programmer making it so that anyone can see users private info -- and being warned about this but allowing it to happen

    other sites this size dont have bugs that are easily caught within seconds of logging in after an update. yes bugs are unavoidable, but a bug that you can see the second you log on would've been caught by any testing at all.

    but please, do go on and lecture me about how i dont know what i'm talking about and how my testplan that i developed for them wouldnt alleviate the most obvious of repeated problems this site gets

  12. Snowflake's Avatar

    oh, and other sites dont screw up banning people, and instead accidentally give the admin level access

    thats right, rudy now has private archives of TG packeted away cause the programmer gave rudy admin access

    think about that let that sink in. does giving rudy admin level access sound normal? does that sound like something that harder to avoid than it sounds?

  13. datagod's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Conjured Entertainment

    You guys sure do complain a lot about the administration staff here at Twin Galaxies and the job they do.

    My question to the ones complaining all the time is this... Have any of you ever tried to develop and maintain a website of this magnitude?

    I have been programming since 1982. I have code running in servers all across the world. I eat sleep and breathe computer programs.


  14. Snowflake's Avatar

    looks like that "bet" conjured made is one he's losing. Before just speculatating and guessing about the peole you're complainig i'm wondering how much the bet is for and how much you owe us?

    I'll take one steering wheel in payment.

  15. datagod's Avatar

    I bet the programmer uses a steering wheel to test the code.

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  16. Blackflag82's Avatar

    @Conjured Entertainment

    Everyone of us has made many many many suggestions, offers of help, non-harassing critiques and the likes over time. Any that would substantially improve the user experience for the core community here (and thus allow the core community to grow beyond those currently here and the fan boys looking to read about Ninja and his exploits), have been ignored. The wiki is the only exception to this that I can think of but took years of requesting it, and then on this most recent update was overlooked in the site update (read above about easily identified mistakes/bugs).

    Beyond the issues of testing and site functionality that have already been mentioned here are some that I and others have mentioned in the past (by no means exhaustive):

    -User targeted and/or generated content on the news feed

    -Regular updates from the administration of what is being worked on as well as implementing some of the user suggestions and filling us in with more details than "big things are coming"

    -A more clearly defined process for disputes - what is necessary, what is required, a number of votes before review, a timeline of the process, etc...

    -Community input being sought on rule adjustments/changes before any such changes are implemented (ie. all these atari and other rulesets being worked on to make them clearer could be put up for public viewing before the changes are made). As an aside, this could also take the form of a list of rules that need to be worked on, the community could essentially write new rules and would then just need final administration approval...no reason to pay a non-expert to do something poorly that experts are willing to do for free.

    -Certificates being delivered within 2 weeks of ordering

    I'm not a tech guy, so I don't know everything that goes into running a website at the coding level. I do have a background in running businesses though, and I know that the above list I just laid out could be fully implemented within a week (two at the most) with about an hour per week to maintain the regular updates, rule creation discussions, etc...in other words, probably over half the people with resumes on Indeed could get this done quicker and better in a week than TG has managed to do in years...

    It's cool if TG doesn't want to focus on those things, but instead wants to put its effort in other aspects of site and community development, but I'm failing to see where that's happening. Maybe the tournament section will be that thing, but man, they've been promising us the tournament section for 3 or 4 years at least. Again, an entry level programmer from Indeed could have had that set up and integrated within a couple of months. I also know that there is not a single site I go to on the web that has as many problems as this one does...is that just because this site is so much more complex than every other site which has similar functions?


    ThanksSnowflake thanked this post
    LikesMarcade liked this post
  17. Blackflag82's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Conjured Entertainment

    is not helping your cause in any way.

    Tell me, what would help? Because from what I've seen, reasoned and logical discussion, complementing the things TG does well, positive suggestions, offers of help/assistance, and the like have been ignored and unanswered.

    I don't think my snarky retorts will help things get fixed here, because history has shown us that nothing will get things fixed here. I do find that threads of snarky comments will often make me smile though, which seems to be a more useful way to utilize the wall posts until TG proves otherwise...

    LikesSnowflake, Marcade liked this post
  18. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82

    @Conjured Entertainment

    .... Again, an entry level programmer from Indeed could have had that set up and integrated within a couple of months....



    now see that, blackflag isnt even a progammer, yet he has some idea of what programming can do.
    let me break it down for you conjured with a car anology. If you regularly get your cars oil changed, and no nothing about cars, dont even know how to change your own oil, but you noticed when your car is returned to you its leaking oil and the oil change took 5 hours, you'd still be able to point out something is wrong.

    so, i provided comments based on technical insight, blackflag has provided comments based on insite of living in the real world and working with tehcnial peole

    however based on your wildly incorect assumptions conjured it sounds like you're the one who'd lose the wager on knowing anything about technology -- which is really weird considering you did know enough to create a custom controller to cheat with. sigh, maybe your tech expertise islimited to video game cheating. i guess there are specialisits everywhere who seem like experts in one tech area yet know nothing about another...

  19. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82


    Tell me, what would help? Because from what I've seen, reasoned and logical discussion, complementing the things TG does well, positive suggestions, offers of help/assistance, and the like have been ignored and unanswered.

    I don't think my snarky retorts will help things get fixed here, because history has shown us that nothing will get things fixed here. I do find that threads of snarky comments will often make me smile though, which seems to be a more useful way to utilize the wall posts until TG proves otherwise...


    i disagree. they only gave on after the wiki after many snarky comments. squeeky wheel gets the grease here. I'd far rather take the polite angle, which i often take first and it gets ignored. After they made a few changed based on rudy's input though i realized logic is no substitue for whining. so i and other emplyed the rudy maneuveur about forums and why we need them, and the wiki was provided -- and yes the wiki gives us everything about the forums that we wanted.

    whining works. if someone finds this behavior undesirable then fault admin for only listening to whiners while ignoring earlier polite pleas.

    LikesBlackflag82 liked this post
  20. Blackflag82's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    i disagree. they only gave on after the wiki after many snarky comments. squeeky wheel gets the grease here.


    This is a good point. I guess a better way for me to have written that was, I don't expect my snarky comments to make changes, but if they do, all the better...and I know my polite ones won't

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us