Dave Hawksett's Feed

Dave Hawksett
04-01-2019 at 08:16 AM
37 Comments
Rate this Entry

Flashback Friday Feature!

Dear all,

We are seeking images of old-school gaming and hardware and all things related. Past tournaments, arcades and cabinets, home computer and console stuff, collections – if it’s relevant you name it!

This will be for a new Flashback Friday feature we are currently planning. Our community must have treasure troves of this @datagod for example.

TG Editorial will be watching this space closely. We would love to see your pictures and hear your ideas.

Thank you in anticipation.

ThanksJohnnyOlMan thanked this post
Comments
  1. Snowflake's Avatar

    Great idea. Among my friends I was the only one with such a video game room and was so proud of it. It’s neat to come to tg and find others that hsve video games am equally large part of their last lives.I love seeing others ganes rooms

  2. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    Game rooms and collections are a personal favourite of mine, along with rare/unusual kit. Hopefully we will see lots in the new feature, which will obviously be posted on Wednesdays.

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  3. Jlemory1's Avatar

    I have a few marquees I'm curious if anyone has any information on. One in particular is a track events marquee. The font used on the marquee looks like the track and field font. I wonder if someone custom made it back in the day?

  4. datagod's Avatar

    I have plenty. Do we post them here?

  5. datagod's Avatar








    Here are some random photos









    ThanksDave Hawksett thanked this post
    LikesJohnnyOlMan liked this post
  6. datagod's Avatar



    A random assortment




    LikesJlemory1, JohnnyOlMan liked this post
  7. The Evener's Avatar

    Random photo from the game room - rare game called Mr F Lea by Pacific Novelty based in California.They wanted to claim their piece of arcade industry pie but they were claimed by the down turn and filed for bankruptcy. This was their last title "way less" than 100 were made according to a former employee.


    Edit: uploaded on my iPhone originally, rendered on its side, so I reuploaded from the computer.

    Likesdatagod, Jlemory1, JohnnyOlMan liked this post
    Updated 04-02-2019 at 01:10 PM by The Evener
  8. JohnnyOlMan's Avatar

    This stuff is awesome. Really cool y'all. Love the nuts and bolts of old tech, but seeing the old arcade art and rare pieces are really interesting too. Keep it coming! As long as we have something to share, we'd like to do this stuff every Friday!

    ~TJ Denzer - EiC TG Editorial

    Updated 04-02-2019 at 07:23 AM by JohnnyOlMan
  9. Jlemory1's Avatar

    Here is another marquee I have I wondered about. It shows a pretty graphic depiction of a war scene. Was this from a specific game? Was there a company making generic arcade marquees in the 80s and 90s?

    LikesJohnnyOlMan, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  10. JohnnyOlMan's Avatar

    @Jlemory1 Interesting. There are so many war shoot-em-up arcade games from those days. I wonder if it was some kind of offbrand Commando or Ikari Warriors art. Makes me want to hunt down answers!

    LikesJlemory1 liked this post
  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    a google image search only finds some red cartoons as remotely similiar. this makes me think its custom or very rare.

    ThanksJlemory1 thanked this post
  12. Jlemory1's Avatar

    Cool. Yea I have always been curious about those. I have a few that I never seen before and I can't find any images online of.

  13. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    My Marquee Collection Blog - http://marqueearcade.com/tagged/my-collection

    I stopped collecting a year ago but used that blog to keep track of them.. all originals, some NOS. My favorites are the glass Marquee's.. Rampage, Tapper, Tron, Pole Position, Dig Dug, Xenophobe.. For the plexis, Hang-On, Commando, Pengo...

    LikesRogerpoco, Jlemory1, datagod liked this post
  14. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jlemory1

    Here is another marquee I have I wondered about. It shows a pretty graphic depiction of a war scene. Was this from a specific game? Was there a company making generic arcade marquees in the 80s and 90s?

    I've seen these generic replacement marquees when searching to buy and also remember seeing these on cabinets back in the day. Does it match the dimensions of any of your your other marquees?

  15. Jlemory1's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ILLSeaBass


    I've seen these generic replacement marquees when searching to buy and also remember seeing these on cabinets back in the day. Does it match the dimensions of any of your your other marquees?

    It seems to be really similar in size to a pacman marquee

  16. The Evener's Avatar

    Hi Dave,

    Could you re-outline timelines around submitting to this thread, and when TG Editorial would review submissions for potential use? I think I saw Wednesday mentioned as significant. Also, to save space I uploaded a lesser quality image, others may be doing the same, so I think it wouldn't hurt to PM if you see something of interest to grab the original file.


    On a related note, is it possible for you or TG Editorial to outline specific points of interest, or perhaps weekly themes? I think the TG community could cover a lot of thematic possibilities. If you prefer for TG members to upload a few things weekly that they personally find interesting, that could be done although I think a guidance would make potential uploads more useful for the editorial team. Cheers

  17. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    You didn't check the date when I said that the Friday feature would be published on Wednesdays.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Evener

    Hi Dave,

    Could you re-outline timelines around submitting to this thread, and when TG Editorial would review submissions for potential use? I think I saw Wednesday mentioned as significant. Also, to save space I uploaded a lesser quality image, others may be doing the same, so I think it wouldn't hurt to PM if you see something of interest to grab the original file.


    On a related note, is it possible for you or TG Editorial to outline specific points of interest, or perhaps weekly themes? I think the TG community could cover a lot of thematic possibilities. If you prefer for TG members to upload a few things weekly that they personally find interesting, that could be done although I think a guidance would make potential uploads more useful for the editorial team. Cheers

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  18. JohnnyOlMan's Avatar

    @The Evener Hey, I'll be slipping in here every so often to have a look and jog up this thread a bit. Ultimately, we're moving out a lot of new community engagement content. This particular thing is for what we're calling Flashback Fridays. I don't really have a specified time I'll be looking around, other than I'll just be looking around, haha.


    ~TJ - EiC Twin Galaxies Editorial

    ThanksThe Evener thanked this post
    LikesJlemory1, datagod liked this post
  19. The Evener's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    You didn't check the date when I said that the Friday feature would be published on Wednesdays.

    I did, I was confused that a Flashback Friday feature would be published on a Wednesday, making me wonder if Wednesday was the day TG Editorial would scan the posts for material that would be posted on Friday.

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  20. EVN's Avatar

    I contributed to this recently - trying to promote what we are hoping will grow into a regular fighting game scene here in Sydney.


    https://sneeknet.io/index.php/2019/03/25/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-x-25th-anniversary/

    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    LikesThe Evener liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us