JasonV91's Feed

JasonV91
07-07-2018 at 10:28 AM
32 Comments
Rate this Entry

Why?

For those who may have missed this (including @TWIN GALAXIES ) due to it being cancelled by the submitter @echo314 , have a look: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...l=1#post982546

I haven't yet looked at this submission myself, but @Almighty Dreadlock immediately voiced concerns, after which Tim also immediately admits to manipulation, saying he should get a lifetime ban, and vowing to never again submit performances here or at other sites.

All of this strikes me as so odd that I feel compelled to ask...Tim - what was the point of all this?
ThanksSnowflake, radcore thanked this post
LikesRogerpoco, Pixe Sukola, radcore liked this post
Comments
  1. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar
    Well, since he was waffling about "Billy" Mitchell in the YT upload, maybe he's a disgruntled fanboy, out to put one over on TG adjudicators, make us look incompetent. But, like Mitchell, he should've tried harder, because only a muppet would watch his videos, and believe that he was actually playing the game. I was planning to wait 'til after the INP analysis to call him all the way out, but he fell on his sword before we got to that stage.
    LikesJasonV91, Snowflake, Pixe Sukola liked this post
  2. datagod's Avatar
    It all sounds like a very weak, planned setup.
  3. lexmark's Avatar
    Nice work AD Simon on voicing suspicion. I'm sure Data Bill can appreciate the contributions you make here.
    Well. this is an example of how some submitters will someday have a field day on the arcade platform due to the loose adjudication standards that exist.


    john

    .
  4. Pixe Sukola's Avatar
    I think he should be banned for trying to deceit the TGSAP, but again, he is a junior member with 0 scores and 0 cred, so I don't think he even cares.
    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  5. datagod's Avatar
    I suspect there is agenda bases collusion going on. This was trivial to discover, and the person admitted their deception faster than an unmasked Scoobie Doo villain. To answer your question Lexmark, finding cheaters does not make up for an abusive personality disorder.
  6. Snowflake's Avatar
    usually when people want to be caught its because they want their scores stripped. that isnt the case here. i'd be curious to hear what the motive was. obvious the ban is unavoidable, butif he'd like to state his motives i'd like to listen.
  7. Marcade's Avatar
    Now he will have to hold that controller only with his left hand...
    Likesoooooo liked this post
    Updated 07-07-2018 at 03:41 PM by Marcade
  8. datagod's Avatar
    Cheated. Found out. Confession. Ban for life. Move on.

    Next patient!
  9. Desidious's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark
    Nice work AD Simon on voicing suspicion. I'm sure Data Bill can appreciate the contributions you make here.
    Well. this is an example of how some submitters will someday have a field day on the arcade platform due to the loose adjudication standards that exist.


    john

    .
    Just because he does one good deed doesn't excuse the filth he spews and belittlement of the many members he does on a constant basis, even unprovoked. In all honesty, I'm sure someone would have caught it as well so whoopty doo he was the first. He will have a long way to even get a thanks from me, he doesn't deserve it. I wouldn't put it passed him if it was just a scam to improve his cred.

    Either way, let's toss this trash out and focus on bigger fish to fry.
    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  10. terencew's Avatar
    FYI, http://tasvideos.org/853S.html

    And yeah, this one was pretty easy to spot.
    ThanksDesidious, Snowflake, datagod thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  11. Desidious's Avatar
    Wouldn't have taken a rocket scientist. INP would have eventually been found out.
    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  12. datagod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark
    I'm sure Data Bill can appreciate the contributions you make here.
    .
    Does the Janitor thank you for that one time out of 10 that you don't wizz on the floor?

    Nope. Not gonna happen.
    ThanksDesidious thanked this post
  13. lexmark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod
    Does the Janitor thank you for that one time out of 10 that you don't wizz on the floor?
    Janitor wouldn't have a job if peeps didn't wizz on the floor.


    john

    .
  14. Barra's Avatar
    Just because AD was the only one to comment doesn’t mean he was the only one scrutinising the submission :)
    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    LikesDesidious liked this post
  15. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew
    FYI, http://tasvideos.org/853S.html

    And yeah, this one was pretty easy to spot.
    Mr Wong, thank you for posting an irrelevant link to a TAS website, which makes no reference to either Pac Man or MAME. When you went along with Mr Mee's pathetic attempt to characterise me as a hacker & cheat, you proved yourself utterly worthless. Please now allow me the opportunity to add to the proof of your worthlessness.

    Firstly, Mr Cordes used save states, not input tools, to assist the construction of his "perfect" Pac Man INP. There is nothing in the hexadecimal code of the INP which would reveal this, thus it would pass unscathed through Mr Mee's much vaunted "analytical" process, the most reliable part of which is the disclaimer saying that its reports don't actually prove anything.

    Secondly, Mr Cordes used a programme to alter the time & date stamps of his INP, so even the pretext Mr Mee used to lie about me would be unavailable. Needless to say, I ran my own analysis of the INP, which revealed that MAME concurs with the time & date data displayed by both Windows Explorer and 7 Zip.

    Of course, Mr Wong now has a golden opportunity to prove his worth, by stating specifically what gave Mr Cordes away. This would certainly upstage me, despite my role as the only suspicious adjudicator of Mr Cordes' submission. A submission which, incidentally, was not his first, but his second attempt to defraud TG. I am certain that some of you, particularly Andrew "Just because AD was the only one to comment doesn’t mean he was the only one scrutinising the submission" Barrow, recall Mr Cordes' first submission, the thread of which is chock full of praise and encouragement, heaped upon this fraudster primarily by (curiously) Mr Barrow.

    It warms my heart to see so many of those whom I despise most gather here to falsely accuse me of fraud, it really does. Thanks go out to each & every one of you for providing more evidence of my reason for holding you all in such contempt.
  16. Barra's Avatar
    His first submission contained nothing fraudulent, there wasn’t any reason to be skeptical until his second submission

    What gave it away so easily was the artifacts in the INP being identical to those of PAC’s 20m Galaga INP
    Thanksterencew thanked this post
    Likesterencew, datagod liked this post
  17. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra
    His first submission contained nothing fraudulent, there wasn’t any reason to be skeptical until his second submission
    Since your scrutiny & analysis skills are on par with your gaming skills, you would come to that conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barra
    What gave it away so easily was the artifacts in the INP being identical to those of PAC’s 20m Galaga INP
    I am so glad you brought that up, before me. Everyone ought to familiarise themselves with the merry chase that fraudster led the MARP muppets on, it's greatly entertaining stuff. Those who pay close attention will learn that it was the guy's excessive ambition, going 'way over the top with his scores, which did for him, and not any technical evidence gathered by those clueless MARP muppets. You're so in love with all that circumstantial evidence gathered after the fact, it's lucky to have you. [LOL.] ​Pathetic.
    LikesPearl2hu liked this post
    Updated 07-08-2018 at 03:21 AM by Almighty Dreadlock
  18. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar
    Mr Barrow, I notice that Mr Wong double clicked your ********** comment. Why don't you tell him to actually say something, instead? Tell him to make it real techy, with lots of hex. And tell him to throw in some cloak & dagger, because you can never pull too much wool over people's eyes. It could go something like, "We cannot reveal too much detail concerning the artifacts, because that would enable future fraudsters to clean up their trails, making detection even more difficult."

    As a bonus, for those interested in the merry chase I mentioned earlier, here is an excellent place to start. Take special note of Mr Barrow's comment, praising a fraudster for his fraudulent gaming "accomplishment", on a game Mr Barrow wishes he were best. This is what passes for expert opinion, over there at MARP.
    Updated 07-08-2018 at 07:55 AM by TWIN GALAXIES
  19. terencew's Avatar
    This must be embarrassing for you... I was actually being supportive of your vigilance. So your goading is unfortunately irrelevant to the thread.

    I'm not going to argue the semantics of whether or not save states are considered a tool-assist... though let me quote from the link I posted...

    "If only save state was around in real war."

    ... maybe you're right about a previous history of using save states being irrelevant to, as you also have noted, this performance which also shows markers of having used save states.

    The aim here was not to upstage you - it was simply an FYI in that Tim Cordes allegedly has a history of not playing a "straight" game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock
    There is nothing in the hexadecimal code of the INP which would reveal this
    Sorry, this is just plainly incorrect. The evidence is in the INP. But it seems that you have since reported that you had already also come to the same conclusion. Good, the more of us that believe it to be true, the more convinced we can be in the conclusion.

    But you want to own this "catch" all by yourself? That's fine. This site is much better off when we can trust that there are others who can & will keep a watchful eye. Whether you believe it or not through your confessed contempt of me, I sincerely mean that to include you, this is a case in point.

    However, if you want to just vent about old gripes against me & @Barthax that are not relevant to this submission, I suggest you find another forum - perhaps your own wall - and keep this thread on topic.
    ThanksSnowflake thanked this post
    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  20. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar
    Mr Wong, I would believe everything you say, save for the fact that so many of my MAME submissions have had to be accepted, without the benefit of any INP analysis. That is not inclusion, that is ostracisation.

    What I do believe is that there are signs of hacking, within the INP. I don't doubt you on that. However, whether or not you choose to admit it, that evidence is circumstantial at best.

    You will note that this is not my wall post. It was Mr Vasiloff who drew attention to this matter. After commenting on Mr Cordes' submission, I was content to go silent, say nothing more, and let admin take what action it wishes. So, anyone who thinks I am after glory is just seeing what he or she wants to see, which is a worthless point of view.

    Since a certain number of lowlifes are now accusing me of fraud, it would be remiss of me to maintain my silence.
    Updated 07-08-2018 at 04:06 AM by Almighty Dreadlock
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us