Almighty Dreadlock's Feed

Almighty Dreadlock
12-04-2019 at 04:59 PM
17 Comments
Rate this Entry

A Little Something to Consider

Some time ago, I had a minor confrontation with Rodrigo Lopes, documented in this thread. Due to the poor quality of his submission's footage, Mr Lopes decided to "help" adjudicators come to the "right" decision, by presenting a doctored screenshot as evidence. I found this objectionable, and questioned him about it.

Mr Lopes did not answer my question, and essentially dared me to reject his submission. His Metroid teammate sought to ridicule me, baldly stating that the submission was acceptable. Also asserting the submission's acceptability was TG's very own pet lapdog, who then proceeded to threaten me with a "tribunal". And, last but not least, the lapdog's sidekick weighed in, to state that my observation did not make any sense.

It amuses me greatly that such a spirited defence was mounted, on behalf of someone who has now been banned for presenting false evidence. However, I shall restrain my mirth long enough to ask a question:-

Would any TG member reading this vote 'yes' on a submission known to contain even one little piece of falsified evidence?

Given that the aforementioned submission was accepted, quite a few certainly have. But would any do so, again? I hope some members take the time to answer, I am genuinely interested. To close, I would suggest that this submission is a good starting point for an investigation into the trustworthiness of Mr Lopes's TGSAP records.

ThanksFly, Ninglendo thanked this post
Likesfrancoisadt liked this post
Comments
  1. Snowflake's Avatar

    well i assume your'e calling me the sidekick and insulting despite the fact i think i tried to express without insulting. its true i didnt feel your observation made sense, but if you read my words i wasnt attacking you i was saying i didnt see why rodrigo would do such a thing, it makes no sense for him to do so. so if he did do it, then thats kind of insanity on his part. but yes, since i thought it made no sense for him to do so, as a side effect you'd be right i didnt think you're accusation made sense, i did phrase things about the issue though and not you.

    however, as annoying as your unprovoked insults are i agree integrity comes first. I still dont see any proof of editing, and i still agree it doesnt make sense. HOWEVER rodrigo has done a few things that dont make sense, so in light of that, i can no longer rule out he may just be unstable and you may have been right.

    You're also right of course knowing what we know now i'd see everyting with more suspciion. i'm not sure that means i made the wrong call based on the info i had at the time though. Here is my quote in full context that you feel deserved such insults in response to

  2. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    I still dont see any proof of editing
    .
    Look again.



    You don't see the yellow squares? You must be blind, then. This is why I can't credit anything you say. All you ever do is talk yourself up, chasing those "thanks" and "likes" you hope will get you the #1 "people value me" spot. It won't happen, though. What will happen is that this will commemorate your acceptance of bogus "evidence", as well as your inability to admit it.
    LikesMarcade liked this post
  3. Desidious's Avatar

    Anytime you make more blogs with insults I'll flood them with muppet pictures.

  4. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious
    Anytime you make more blogs with insults I'll flood them with muppet pictures.
    .
    Nobody cares. Go back to your fishing.
    ThanksDesidious thanked this post
    LikesMarcade, RaGe, lexmark liked this post
  5. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock


    .
    Look again.



    You don't see the yellow squares? You must be blind, then. This is why I can't credit anything you say. All you ever do is talk yourself up, chasing those "thanks" and "likes" you hope will get you the #1 "people value me" spot. It won't happen, though. What will happen is that this will commemorate your acceptance of bogus "evidence", as well as your inability to admit it.


    i never claimed to be an expert in photoshop. i know alot about video games, not so much about faking evidence. I would like to hear others weigh in. I'm comfortable admitting i dont know everything, i try to limit my argumetns to where i'm an expert. there a reason i dont comment on every thread and usually only speak up on things i'm sure of.

    of course i see yellow squares, my issue is i dont know how much is to be expected from bad quality. id like to hear from others if its so obvious, though all that will suceed in making me do is be a little embarassed if everyone is good at detecting forgeries accept me, i dont think though it in any way negates my statements on areas i am an expert in.

    perhaps you can give a brief crash course summary in how to definitley prove this is an edit.

  6. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    perhaps you can give a brief crash course summary in how to definitley prove this is an edit.
    .
    I provided screenshots of the same frame, which have no yellow squares. No version of the footage yields a screenshot with yellow squares. These two facts conclusively prove that the yellow squares were added. The sharply defined yellow squares do not match the blurry footage. It is glaringly obvious editing.

    Talk less, use your brain more.
  7. Snowflake's Avatar

    you know what man, i'm trying to ignore the insults "but talk less use your brain more" when i'm asking questions? heated arguments are unavoidable. some things cant possibly be said nicely. some people are gonna be offended even politely hearing they're wrong. but when you have a problem with dialogue you make it not worth. you're already at the pont where you're not worth engaging but the scorboard itself is worthwhile. if you're gonna be like this on a subject thats effectively moot due to the removal anyway then i'm out.

  8. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    you know what man, i'm trying to ignore the insults "but talk less use your brain more" when i'm asking questions? heated arguments are unavoidable. some things cant possibly be said nicely. some people are gonna be offended even politely hearing they're wrong. but when you have a problem with dialogue you make it not worth. you're already at the pont where you're not worth engaging but the scorboard itself is worthwhile. if you're gonna be like this on a subject thats effectively moot due to the removal anyway then i'm out.
    .
    You burned the civility bridge, a long time ago, by calling me stupid, hated, etc. Unlike you, I can take insults like a man. I don't ignore them, though, and I don't forget.

    I'm glad you're "out", but will address that last bit of nonsense you put in. Because some members are saying that Mr Lopes's TGSAP submissions are legitimate, this subject is not "effectively moot". It is time for the people who still trust the contents of those subs to show exactly what their trust is based on.
  9. lexmark's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    you know what man, i'm trying to ignore the insults "but talk less use your brain more"

    Yeah. I agree with AD. My advice to Snowflake Bill is to not post whilst you are drunk!



    john


    .

    LikesFly, Marcade, Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  10. Joonas's Avatar

    That pic is 100% edited

  11. Barthax's Avatar

    There are multiple resolution videos available on the YouTube version but the highest is 360p & still doesn't contain defined pixels. The pic in question contains defined pixels for the yellow chars but not the others. Filters do exist to enhance specific colours but you'd likely see bleed effects elsewhere in the pic unless selecting only a specific region to enhance - which wouldn't make a lot of sense. It's very difficult to reconcile how the yellow figures could be from any capture which equally contains vague red figures without editing having occurred.


    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  12. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark


    Yeah. I agree with AD. My advice to Snowflake Bill is to not post whilst you are drunk!



    john


    .


    I have full video evidence of DRUNK-FLAKE posting on TG in the past. Evidence of all the booze and empty bottles he consumed as well.

    But since I HATE everybody here at TG, I refuse to show it to any of you.

    Gonna wait for my ban, THEN I will splice up a video for you all. Real soon!!!

    Maybe a plea bargain? I can just show pictures of the labels.


    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  13. Garrett Holland's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock


    .
    Look again.



    You don't see the yellow squares? You must be blind, then. This is why I can't credit anything you say. All you ever do is talk yourself up, chasing those "thanks" and "likes" you hope will get you the #1 "people value me" spot. It won't happen, though. What will happen is that this will commemorate your acceptance of bogus "evidence", as well as your inability to admit it.


    There is a clear variance between each set of numbers' degree of foreshortening, as well. I can't imagine any programmer would waste resources on a separate, dissimilar font. From which game did this originate?

  14. Barthax's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland



    There is a clear variance between each set of numbers' degree of foreshortening, as well. I can't imagine any programmer would waste resources on a separate, dissimilar font. From which game did this originate?


    Big Mutha Truckers on Xbox. Link to the original submission is on the first line of the OP.

    ThanksGarrett Holland thanked this post
  15. Garrett Holland's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax



    Big Mutha Truckers on Xbox. Link to the original submission is on the first line of the OP.


    More proof that I can be dense. XD

    After reviewing the video, it appears that the foreshortening variance can be attributed to poor res and high compression... which would also mean that the solid yellow pixels shown in the example above necessarily could not possibly be contained within an undoctored screenshot. Bad look either way, tbh.

  16. Ninglendo's Avatar

    What surprises me a lot is no Metroid Team member came to Rodrigo's defense in the Zelda dispute. They did on this submission and one of the Candy Crush submissions that JJT was making a stink about along with a couple others. Something high profile like the Zelda dispute you would of thought they would of at least acted the same way.

  17. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo
    What surprises me a lot is no Metroid Team member came to Rodrigo's defense in the Zelda dispute. They did on this submission and one of the Candy Crush submissions that JJT was making a stink about along with a couple others. Something high profile like the Zelda dispute you would of thought they would of at least acted the same way.
    .
    There's only so much you can defend. Maybe Mr Lopes's teammates, unlike Mr Lopes, know when a fight is not winnable. Or maybe they were of a mind to let him crash & burn, while preserving their own reputations.

    One pleasant side effect of his banishment is that the Candy Crush disputes have been closed. The impossible task of conclusively proving that he exploited hidden rewards to boost his scores is now unnecessary. I note that, upon the disappearance of his records, Candy Crush submissions have made a reappearance.
    LikesNinglendo liked this post
Join us