freeko's Feed

freeko
06-02-2021 at 07:10 PM
53 Comments
Rate this Entry

Explain this to me why 2 player submissions are so difficult?

I believe Allen is in the process of submitting records to the site. We played a few two player games and established records by defeating the existing scores. How do I get my name added into the submission so that we are both properly credited with having the record?

ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
Comments
  1. Snowflake's Avatar

    This is often requested, tg admin is aware of it, and they've mentioned its on the list. For the time being, the work around, is to either make a new account that has both your names, and submit using that, or only one of you submits, only that one gets his/her name of the scoreboard, but in time when the 2 player functionality is added the other player will get his/her score as well.

  2. Desidious's Avatar

    My friend and I just made a separate account we just dubbed our co-op account and submitted from there.


    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-ii-the-arcade-game/nintendo-entertainment-system

  3. timmell's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    This is often requested, tg admin is aware of it, and they've mentioned its on the list.


    How low on the list?

  4. Snowflake's Avatar

    [QUOTE=timmell;bt69374]



    How low on the list?

    [/QUOTE]

    if they mentioned, i dont recall.

  5. Barthax's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    This is often requested, tg admin is aware of it, and they've mentioned its on the list. For the time being, the work around, is to either make a new account that has both your names, and submit using that, or only one of you submits, only that one gets his/her name of the scoreboard, but in time when the 2 player functionality is added the other player will get his/her score as well.

    If both members have accounts, there's no harm in the run being submitted with both accounts: neither is the whole, after all. :)

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  6. admin staff's Avatar

    Hi all

    We are planning to implement a solution for 2 or more player teams . This is the logic we are thinking to apply.

    You are welcome to give your suggestions

    A player with X credibility will be able to Create a team and invite players to his team . There will be a separate page to do this .

    The player will be able to choose a Team name and create a profile page for the team. The system will create a separate account automatically and send the credentials to the team members via email.

    The players will be able to submit their records as a team by logging in with the new team account .

    Please let me know what you think about this .


    ThanksGarrett Holland, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    LikesGarrett Holland, Snowflake liked this post
  7. freeko's Avatar

    What does a team have to do with submitting a score for a 2 player game and getting recognition for both players as the ones having the score?

    What I want is simple. My name as well as my partner's name being listed for the 2 player records. Why does twin galaxies need to re-invent the wheel to accommodate this? I will not make a new (shared) account, as doing so does nothing to gain either of us the recognition of having the records established while playing as a 2 player team.

    This problem then becomes exponentially worse when you consider there are games that have 3 or more player teams, and you might start to see how horrible this idea is.

    Keep things simple, stupid. How hard does it have to be to add a second (or more) name field into a record submission so that all involved parties to the record are given proper recognition?

  8. Whilethekidsareaway's Avatar

    I would ask the web master if it is at all in the wheelhouse to just add a field to the submission form to include a users ID number or name and then have that linked to the Credibility score as well as the expert skill index and record counts.

    I can only assume there is a database the site accesses to keep track (at least that what I would have) so record counts and skill index are kept up.

    I just don't want to create a new account and have 2 records there and 8 records here, it gets messy and what if the team is not always the same two people, now i have a 3rd account to keep track of.....

    It has been a while since I have developed any websites but im sure things haven't changed that much, HTML5 may be in use here but im not sure as i don't look at "code" much anymore.

    I also think this is a reason why there are not many 2p listing in games that clearly have 2 or more players and if a solution was created I think we would see more action in these categories.

    Just my 2cents, expect change back lol

    LikesMyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
    Updated 06-03-2021 at 03:26 AM by Whilethekidsareaway
  9. admin staff's Avatar

    Thanks for the inputs. Having a username filed in the submission form is not a problem . Awarding CR points and Expert skill index fairly is an issue.

    Here are the concerns

    1) Expert skill index is calculated based on the number of players in the Leaderboard below the record holder. Will it be fair to have 1 expert skill index for 2 player records and single player records.

    2) For 2 player teams we will have to award CR and Sp points to both the players . Again should we have the same criteria for player games and other games

    Actual coding part is not difficult at all. We need to have a fair logic for calculations

    ThanksWhilethekidsareaway thanked this post
    LikesWhilethekidsareaway liked this post
  10. Whilethekidsareaway's Avatar

    So with a quick peek into the html i spotted this line on the submission page (Resources saved on this page: MySQL 5.56) leads me to believe there is a database in use. What its used for I don't know but........


  11. Whilethekidsareaway's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff

    Thanks for the inputs. Having a username filed in the submission form is not a problem . Awarding CR points and Expert skill index fairly is an issue.

    Here are the concerns

    1) Expert skill index is calculated based on the number of players in the Leaderboard below the record holder. Will it be fair to have 1 expert skill index for 2 player records and single player records.

    2) For 2 player teams we will have to award CR and Sp points to both the players . Again should we have the same criteria for player games and other games

    Actual coding part is not difficult at all. We need to have a fair logic for calculations

    Just throwing this out there but if the community at large was on board you could divide it between the number of players. IE. 2 player teams get 50% each 3 players 33.33% etc.

    I think that since its two people (or more) doing the work you would split the prize (much like a team winning a million dollar tourney, not each player gets the million its split up among them)

    I know it may seem simple but it certainly could be effective.

  12. Barthax's Avatar

    I'm curious how TG's proposed method would cover the following perceptions:

    - Public display of the members.

    - Member's display of the teams they're in.

    - Member's credited with ESI/1sts from their teams.

    More from the mechanics angle:

    - The TG Team idea: that's purely for tracking the submissions against the team as a whole or is it for selections out of the team? For example, would a TG Team with three players get to submit to a 2 player game? My family, for example, is compromised of five members and between us we have 7 accounts: one each individually, and there's two team accounts. This is the old style of teams. In the new TG team idea, would we create a single team of five members and then attribute the 2-player scores to the relevant members?

  13. freeko's Avatar

    Is it not as simple as having the gains divided by the number of members in a submission equally? If all the requirements are the same, then everything else should be the same. Right now in the example of the games that Allen submitted that have me as the partner, it seems nonsensical for me to even submit because if the score and video are valid, then all it is doing is allowing others to game the system for free credibility by making my own submission.

    Full disclosure, I do bear a grudge against the credibility system of this site.


    LikesBarthax, Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  14. MyOwnWorstEnemy's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff

    Thanks for the inputs. Having a username filed in the submission form is not a problem . Awarding CR points and Expert skill index fairly is an issue.

    Here are the concerns

    1) Expert skill index is calculated based on the number of players in the Leaderboard below the record holder. Will it be fair to have 1 expert skill index for 2 player records and single player records.

    2) For 2 player teams we will have to award CR and Sp points to both the players . Again should we have the same criteria for player games and other games

    Actual coding part is not difficult at all. We need to have a fair logic for calculations

    Couldn't you just divide the cost (3 submission points) and earnings (3 credibility and 1 submission points) by the number of individual members that participated in the multi-player game? Similar, any ESI or record count is divided by the number of players that contributed to the record.

    As a previous commenter already stated, please try to keep it simple from a user perspective. Don't force users to create separate team accounts! This could get out of control quickly with streamers and other members with an affinity for multi-player games. Just imagine how many unique player / team combinations can happen if I play an online co-op game by partnering up with a different 'friend' every week? I would have to create a dozen or more user accounts on Twin Galaxies??!!

    Suggested Logic...

    1) Each player has an individual verified account at Twin Galaxies

    2) One player submits the multiplayer score using the submission form. The submission form recognizes this as a multiplayer game and unhides / enables other player fields (e.g, Player 2, Player 3, etc...) tied to the current player directory.

    3) The other players are notified that they were identified in a recent submission form and must verify that they are a party to the submission by indicating yes / no and clicking on a verification link. Once all players are verified, the submission is now available to adjudicate by the other site members. The cost of the submission (3 points) is divided by the number of players (1.5 points each for a 2 player and 1 point each for a 3 player submissions).

    4) Once the submission is approved, each player is assigned an equal portion of the ESI earned and an adjustment to their record count (partial or whole).

    5) Records for multiplayer submissions are viewable / accessible on each of member's profile page.

    Updated 06-03-2021 at 04:37 AM by MyOwnWorstEnemy
  15. admin staff's Avatar

    Hi Allen

    This is a good suggestion. Your point will be true about CR and SP but i dont know if it holds good for Expert skill index.

    My problem right now is to identify and lock this logic fully. Coding and implementation is not going to be a problem


    Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway


    Just throwing this out there but if the community at large was on board you could divide it between the number of players. IE. 2 player teams get 50% each 3 players 33.33% etc.

    I think that since its two people (or more) doing the work you would split the prize (much like a team winning a million dollar tourney, not each player gets the million its split up among them)

    I know it may seem simple but it certainly could be effective.

  16. timmell's Avatar

    I think ESI reward should be the same for all players involved and not divided by amount of players. Because if the rule set on many 2 player/ Multiplayer games is " scoring run ends when the first player loses all lives". Then I think the reward should be the same for all players as you are only as "good" as your best player.

    Now one way someone could take advantage of the teams with ESI, is compete on the same leaderboard with a different teammate to gain more ESI points for the player on multiple teams on the same submission.

    Granted I also think GAME ESI calculation needs to be divided by the number of tracks participated on under one game/ title. As for instance I have a inflated ESI , cause of my Gran Turismo/ Guitar hero submissions, etc. But that's another thread argument I have been saying for years.

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  17. timmell's Avatar

    Having a leaderboard that displays all participants on team submission, without creating new "TG" account should be the main/ focus goal. Cause that is what fundamentally needed. The rest about submission points, Cred, ESI needs to be all secondary.

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  18. Snowflake's Avatar

    PSI had varioius interatoins before being replaced by ESI, i'm not sure if ESI had changes but it certainly had bug fixes. Wouldnt it be best to first allow two player submissions as soon as possible, and then worry about what to do about ESI?

  19. freeko's Avatar

    ESI as far as I care stands for Extremely Something Irrelevant. Who cares? I do not. Especially since in no way do I really care about the implication of ESI.

    What needs to be addressed is pretty simple. Maybe even painfully so that there really needs to be no reason to overthink it. Add a section to the submission process that allows the submitter to include other players. It really is just that simple. Problem solved. No mountains, no mole hills, and perish the thought 2 player games become in some way relevant again.

  20. timmell's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    PSI had varioius interatoins before being replaced by ESI, i'm not sure if ESI had changes but it certainly had bug fixes. Wouldnt it be best to first allow two player submissions as soon as possible, and then worry about what to do about ESI?


    Yes that should be the course of action.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us