freeko's Feed

freeko
06-02-2021 at 07:10 PM
53 Comments
Rate this Entry

Explain this to me why 2 player submissions are so difficult?

I believe Allen is in the process of submitting records to the site. We played a few two player games and established records by defeating the existing scores. How do I get my name added into the submission so that we are both properly credited with having the record?

ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
Comments
  1. Barthax's Avatar

  2. Snowflake's Avatar

    oh dang, i would like to apologize to freeko. I thought his approach was a bit off, but dang, greater good, I think its awesome this functionality is going to be added.

    ThanksWhilethekidsareaway thanked this post
    LikesWhilethekidsareaway liked this post
  3. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by timmell


    now if Twin Galaxies divided the GAME ESI number by the number of tracks per game. Then the ESI would be more comparable.

    Angry Birds would be a High ESI of maybe 3.04 ----- ESI / Number of tracks with more than 2 players (450 estimated) = 3.04


    And Donkey kong would be a High of ESI of 47.07. ----- ESI / Number of tracks which is 4, with more than 2 players.


    Following your logic, if a player gets 1st place in more than 450 tracks of Angry Birds, which would take months, they would only get 3 ESi, but if they play donkey kong for a couple of hours and get a score of 100k, they would be getting aprox 10 ESI.

    How is this fair? It doesn't make sense to me.

    LikesBarthax liked this post
  4. Snowflake's Avatar

    as for the esi,, i think we need to accept global esi will never be fair. I've been happy with console level for the consoles i play, but it doesnt work on later consoles. perhaps people should petition for more categories? rather than corectly pointing out some things are apples to oranges, perhaps clearly define what counts as an apple what counts as an orange and get new categories for apple esi and orange esi. angry birds is essentially a collection of mini games, as is mario party, as is hill racing, as is guitar hero. perhaps mini game compendiums should have their own category? no need to comaplin its not like donkey kong perhaps instead spend time finding all the games that ARE LIKE it so as that categroy can be created.

  5. Garrett Holland's Avatar

    Global ESI is an aggregated number. This necessarily means that more participation = higher Global ESI, regardless of degree of natural talent. If someone wants more ESI, the solution is simple: participate more. Perhaps a Total ESI ÷ Total Records quotient can better examine talent, and even then, only roughly.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
    LikesBarthax liked this post
    Updated 06-14-2021 at 08:59 AM by Garrett Holland
  6. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    You can't and shouldn't be at the top of the ESI leaderboard just because you are the world champion at one game. Robie Lakeman and John McCurdy have proven to be the masters of Donkey Kong and the game ESi shows it, they are at the very top there, but we don't know how good they are at racing, puzzles, shooters, rythm, fighting games, etc, they have never proven any skills in other games.

    Like Garrett said, ESi requires participation and you don't even need to touch games that you don't like to get to the top, ESi is everywhere, across every single platform. It's not like you have to play Angry Birds to pass Matthew in the ESi leaderboard, or Guitar Hero and Mario Kart to pass me. There are many ways to get ESI and I've used them all.

    Cheapest ESi: Play a game that has lots of players for 1 hour, like Donkey Kong or 1942, even if the score sucks you get lots of points. I got 15 points in 1942 with a terrible score and I got a DK score in one hour that sucks and I'm embarrased to submit, yet it would give me close to 50 points.

    Easy but tedious ESI: Play Guitar Hero for 2 or 3 days, getting lots of 1st places in tracks that have one or two records to beat. I have gotten an average of 50 points for every 2 or 3 days.

    Hard ESI: Play Super Mario Kart for the SNES or Snow Bros on MAME everyday for weeks and weeks to be at the top of a game with intermediate participation. I spent lots and lots of hours there and I only got 48 points for my 4M score on Snow Bros.

    If anybody thinks that getting to the top of the ESi leaderboard is easy and/or unfair, they should try to do it themselves. I bet their opinion would change.

    Likesredelf, Barthax liked this post
  7. Snowflake's Avatar

    dan, i understand your point, but the example is a little unfair, robbie does play other games. Its not his fault people have an unhealthy obsession with just his dk scores.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
  8. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    dan, i understand your point, but the example is a little unfair, robbie does play other games. Its not his fault people have an unhealthy obsession with just his dk scores.

    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to put him down, he is an absolute great player and I'm sure the reason he is not at the top of the ESi leaderboard is because he is not interested in it. Altho' he has scores for only 5 different games here, I doubt very much that he sucks at other games and genres.

    My point is that to get ESi you need to submit scores and to be at the top, you have to submit lots of them and they have to also be good. I would never think I'm a better player than Robbie, Donald Hayes, Barra, Greg Degeneffe or many others, I'm higher in the ESI leaderboard because I have more scores accepted and that is how the ESi system works, they know it and I know it. We all know how to get to the top, but how many are interested in doing it?

    LikesSnowflake, Barthax, Garrett Holland liked this post
  9. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola


    Don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to put him down, he is an absolute great player and I'm sure the reason he is not at the top of the ESi leaderboard is because he is not interested in it. Altho' he has scores for only 5 different games here, I doubt very much that he sucks at other games and genres.

    My point is that to get ESi you need to submit scores and to be at the top, you have to submit lots of them and they have to also be good. I would never think I'm a better player than Robbie, Donald Hayes, Barra, Greg Degeneffe or many others, I'm higher in the ESI leaderboard because I have more scores accepted and that is how the ESi system works, they know it and I know it. We all know how to get to the top, but how many are interested in doing it?


    i think you were fair with the point about easy but tedious (which is just hard in a differnet way). plenty people can mock my marathons the same way. of course they also mock maxouts. and like i always say, the only game that isnt a maxout or a marathon is games people havent mastered yet since they all turn into that, so to disregard those two categories means only focusong on where people are still learning. which makes sense, thats where the fun and challenge is, but its also not where the expertise is

    fyi robbies super pacman was 15 hours, so hes demonstrated marathoning and patterns as well. i personally dont much for all the culure that goes around dk, i consider robbie a friend and i like to refer to him as the super pac-man champ. I feel bad for him involving himself with dk nonsense his super pac score needs more notice.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
  10. timmell's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff

    Hi All

    "IT HAS BEGUN"

    Yes we have started implementing the 2 player scores. We will have an update in 10 days .

    oh man.

  11. Whilethekidsareaway's Avatar

    So glad to finally see this. @freeko have you read this yet :-)

  12. EVN's Avatar
  13. freeko's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by admin staff

    Hi All

    "IT HAS BEGUN"

    Yes we have started implementing the 2 player scores. We will have an update in 10 days .

    So.. about that update?

    ThanksWhilethekidsareaway thanked this post
    LikesWhilethekidsareaway liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Join us