Hi guys, could someone clarify why this track is called "Fastest Start"? It's a fastest completion variation, but involves triggering a certain screen? Apologies in advance for my lack of expert knowledge on this title! Likewise, I should clarify this for the 2 Fastest kill screen activation tracks (although they are kinda explained in the rules).
Thanks in advance
@Barra; @xelnia; @terencew
A "start' is classified as levels 1 through 4. After 4-5 (the rivet screen) the level order is exactly the same until the killscreen on level 22 (so 17 full levels, 5-21, of 6 boards)
So specifically this fastest start track is a speedrun from the start of the game until you clear board 4-5, on your first life.
Hope that helps :)
You need to be logged in to post a comment.
Bonus life: 7000
Note: Using older WolfMAME versions may result in slower overall times. Since TG technically allows all WolfMAME versions for competition, there will be no restriction here
1) Timer starts with the first movement of Jumpman at the beginning of the game.
2) The timer stops the instant the last rivet is pulled on 4-5. This is considered to be when Jumpman passes over the rivet and the rivet disappears
3) MUST be obtained on your first life. Any death will result in immediate disqualification
4) Can be part of any game, provided it adheres to the rules of this particular track
5) Only a 1 Player game using 1UP will be accepted
Accurate timings can be determined using frame advance while playing back the INP, and the refresh rate of the specific MAME version that was used.
Definition of a "start": Reaching Level 5 WITHOUT the loss of a life. As to maintain consistency, this track is a first-life only track.
--=**FOR POTENTIALLY FASTER VERIFICATION**=--
Members of the adjudicating user base who assist the community in MAME INP file analysis have requested that submitters consider the below community recommendations -
Submitters should use MAME version 183 or higher, preferably 183 or 220.
Submitters should name their inp and zip file in the following manner:
elf_bosco_588800_w183 zip file
so name the inp the same as the zip
xxx your initials
yyy rom name
zzz version of wolfmame