• This record is for the fastest time to beat all six boss rematches in the Mushroom Kingdom on Super Mario Odyssey.
• It is to be attempted by an individual.
• It is measured in minutes and seconds.
• For the purpose of this record, all boss rematch challenges are located in the Mushroom Kingdom, which is unlocked once you beat the final encounter with Bowser.
1. The player may start the attempt at any of the Mushroom Kingdom’s checkpoints.
2. The attempt timer will start as soon as the player moves from one of the level’s checkpoints.
3. The player may attempt the bosses in any order they wish.
4. The attempt timer ends as soon as the player collects the last tri-moon from the last defeated boss.
5. The timer is continuous and must not stop between boss battles.
6. The player may skip any and all cutscenes.
7. If the player has previously beaten any of the bosses in rematches, and therefore has already collected that tri-moon, for the purpose of the record attempt it is permitted for the player to collect the greyed out tri-moon in its place.
8. It is not permitted to use any game glitches.
Video evidence of the entire attempt MUST be provided. Screen capture may be submitted as extra evidence, but camera footage that includes both the player and the player’s screen in full view must be submitted. This footage can begin facing the player and then pan away from the player towards the screen (so that only the screen is in view for the actual gameplay). If recorded this way the footage must be uncut and unedited.
Video evidence requirements:
• Video footage of the whole attempt.
• Player must show the game disk/card/cartridge, followed by them inserting the game into the console (For PC, player must show the gaming client they are using to load the game and load it from there e.g. Steam, Origin).
• The player must show the controller they intend to use for the attempt, pressing all the buttons to show it is unmodified.
• The player must show the current software version of their console or PC, followed by the game's current software version (For PC players, the game's software version must be up to date, the PC’s operating system does not).
• The player must demonstrate that all game settings for the attempt are as requested.
• The player must record the whole of the attempt, with a clock or timer clearly visible in shot.
The use of timers in direct-capture footage (e.g. LiveSplit) is permitted as long as there is also full video of the attempt with the player visibly playing the game. The two videos must clearly sync up and not be from two separate attempts. This can be achieved by performing an obvious action on screen and listing the time stamp of the action in the evidence description for both the in-camera and direct-capture footage.
Video evidence must be uploaded directly to Twin Galaxies for consideration. Third party hosted video performances will not be considered. (example: YouTube, Vimeo, etc.)
This record may only be attempted on a PC, an unmodified version of a commercially available video games console or an unmodified arcade cabinet / board. Alterations to hardware and/or software outside of those released or endorsed by the manufacturer will result in disqualification.
Video games records may only be attempted on platforms or systems for which the game in question has been commercially released with the support of the platform manufacturer.
Software or hardware emulators are not permissible except where these are endorsed by both the game’s developers and the platform holders where applicable.
Where the game used for the attempt carries an age rating in Europe or the United States, all participants must be of the minimum age required to buy that game according to its PEGI or ESRB rating, whichever is higher.