• Factory default settings – you may exceed 3 lives via 1-Ups, Getting 9 for any stat, or UP+A.
• No saves allowed! You may pre-register your name but it MUST start from a 000 uses position!]
• Using the Jump or Fairy spell to get onto the roof of any Palace is banned. If you do land on the roof of any palace by accident (thanks to Pits this is possible), then you must drop to the ground right away or risk disqualification at the referee's discretion.
• UP+A on Controller 2 is allowed, but you may only use the Continue option.
• The player may only use the Start button to access the subscreen to change/choose spells. Using the Start Button on the World Map (which pauses the game) Is banned.
• Use of the Negative Edge glitch is banned.
• The player needs to get all the Life Containers or Spells to complete the game.
• The timer begins when the Lives remaining screen pops up after selecting/creating your new file and ends when the player lays the final blow on Shadow Link.
• The player must complete the game or the record attempt will be disqualified.
The Negative Edge glitch, as it has been coined by TG Member Boco, entails pressing opposite directions simultaneously or by rapidly alternating the directions. If done correctly, it can launch Link around at warp speed and if used in Elevators, you can make the Elevator go in the opposite direction that you intend but still enter the correct room (i.e. so if you move up to go down the Elevator rises out of the floor in the room).