ILLSeaBass's Feed

ILLSeaBass
08-26-2018 at 03:09 PM
19 Comments
Rate this Entry

Latest C64 Breadbin, Atari Modem Craiglist find...

Picked this Craiglist lot up this morning which includes a working Commodore 64 Breadbin in original box (matching serials), VIC-1541 drive in original box (almost looks brand new), Commodore 4022 Printer in original box (little wear, inside looks brand new, actually has the protective plastic strip on the HUD display), and a bunch of other goodies, 2 Atari XM301 modems (the first modem I bought as a kid), 1 Atari 1030 Modem, MPP 1000E Modem (I think this one is 400 baud, plugs into the Joystick port.. weird), Coleco Adam Keyboard (missing keys, but cleaned up well), Okidata Printer (dumpster or recycle...), 2 Atari CX40s, 1 Commodore 1311 Joystick. Lastly, there's an odd Atari 8-Bit cartridge included in one box.. it has an Atari SIO cable connected to it and very odd pin-out I've never seen... $80 for the lot.






I'm calling this the WTF cartridge... I'm going to guess it's a printer interface but who knows... no markings other than "Made in the UK"..


ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
Comments
  1. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Holy Cow, very nice!!!

    A C64 is probably #1 on my want list right now, tho I'm not even sure I would be able to get it to work.


    Excellent Find!!!

  2. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco

    Holy Cow, very nice!!!

    A C64 is probably #1 on my want list right now, tho I'm not even sure I would be able to get it to work.


    Excellent Find!!!


    When I decide to part with this or any of the other breadbins I have, I'll make sure to PM you first. You'll be able to get it to work.. did you have one back in the day?

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
  3. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    My "spend the night every weekend" best friend did, and we had a lot of games to play-I'm only just recovering the memories, but definitely spent time on the C64!!!

    LikesILLSeaBass liked this post
  4. HCRAYERT's Avatar

    Legendary find.

    ThanksILLSeaBass thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco liked this post
  5. KidsHeartJP's Avatar

    WTF Cart is actually an I.S.B.-Interface (IllSeaBass-Interface) :)

    LikesILLSeaBass liked this post
  6. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by KidsHeartJP

    WTF Cart is actually an I.S.B.-Interface (IllSeaBass-Interface) :)


    Thanks to some experts on Twitter, that cartridge is actually a Turbo Loader cart for cassette player/loader. No wonder I didn't know, we did disk drives in the states :P I didn't know anyone who had one, or even see a cassette loader back in the day.

  7. 90skidJohnny's Avatar

    Love my c64. Ive got a few, but only 1 so far ive gotten fully working.

    Word of advice, Do not use the power supply anymore. You can build your own very easily.

    The Original Power supplies can output the wrong voltage and fry your system.


    LikesILLSeaBass liked this post
  8. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by 90skidJohnny

    Love my c64. Ive got a few, but only 1 so far ive gotten fully working.

    Word of advice, Do not use the power supply anymore. You can build your own very easily.

    The Original Power supplies can output the wrong voltage and fry your system.


    Yep, I bought one of these a while back to use as my main PSU:



    Pricey, but worth it in the long run. I read recently that back in the day, those wart power supplies caused many a house to burn down as well. Never tuck those original PSUs near curtains or anything flammable as they can get really hot..

    Thanks90skidJohnny thanked this post
    Likes90skidJohnny liked this post
  9. 90skidJohnny's Avatar

    I just got super jelly lol Mine is made from a cell phone carger lmao :)

    LikesILLSeaBass liked this post
  10. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Found a boxed, N/M, manuals and everything Breadbox for 150$ on C/L, not terribly close but close enough, looks nice but I dunno, mebbe a little pricey?





    (Haven't inquired about it, these are just pics from the posting)

    Likes90skidJohnny liked this post
  11. 90skidJohnny's Avatar

    Honestly not a terrible price. too rich for me. I constantly go to flea markets and yard sales so i never pay realistic prices for anything lol But i havent seen a c64 show up at them in quiet a long time.



    EDIT: Thats a lie, i just found another 1541 floppy drive in box 3 weeks ago. Guy wanted 20. of course i talked him down to 10. :)


    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  12. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco

    Found a boxed, N/M, manuals and everything Breadbox for 150$ on C/L, not terribly close but close enough, looks nice but I dunno, mebbe a little pricey?





    (Haven't inquired about it, these are just pics from the posting)


    If everything is clean and in working condition, then that's a great price. I see Breadbins, with box, PSU, etc go for $100-$150 on ebay, and floppy drives for around $100 or more.. so overall, that's not bad. The fact that this seller has original boxes is always a plus. Usually that means these things were stored away correctly or he/she is a collector.


    I'm headed to another Craigslist seller this evening.. $100 for a boxed C64 and monitor... I think the monitor alone is worth $150ish... wish me luck.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco, 90skidJohnny liked this post
  13. 90skidJohnny's Avatar

    1702?? I LOVE my 1702 monitor!!!!!! Also its Amazing to use for consoles too (Luma / Chroma)

    I also have an 1802 but do not like it nearly as much.



    I bought a broken c64 just for the history of it. Everything was perfect in the box, but it didnt work. There was literally a ton of mail in the box from back and forths between them and commodore about fixing an issue.


    Essentially she bought the c64 from a local store. had it for a few months, it stopped working. Shop was like well you will need to contact commodore. So instead of phoning them, she shipped it to them with a letter that was like

    "This is broke.. please fix"

    They shipped it back saying that should would need to have filled out a warranty thingie blah blah, and that she needs to call this 800 number.


    She just ships it back again with a "I dont want to speak with anyone, just fix"


    So, this goes on, and the woman must have been spending a fortune in shipping costs. Finally theres a letter stating they had fixed it to keep her as a loyal customer.


    But yah. it didnt work when i powered it on lmao. It was a rollercoaster let me tell you.


    Ok im done spamming up your wall. sorry! :)






    LikesILLSeaBass liked this post
  14. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by 90skidJohnny

    1702?? I LOVE my 1702 monitor!!!!!! Also its Amazing to use for consoles too (Luma / Chroma)

    I also have an 1802 but do not like it nearly as much.



    I bought a broken c64 just for the history of it. Everything was perfect in the box, but it didnt work. There was literally a ton of mail in the box from back and forths between them and commodore about fixing an issue.


    Essentially she bought the c64 from a local store. had it for a few months, it stopped working. Shop was like well you will need to contact commodore. So instead of phoning them, she shipped it to them with a letter that was like

    "This is broke.. please fix"


    They shipped it back saying that should would need to have filled out a warranty thingie blah blah, and that she needs to call this 800 number.


    She just ships it back again with a "I dont want to speak with anyone, just fix"


    So, this goes on, and the woman must have been spending a fortune in shipping costs. Finally theres a letter stating they had fixed it to keep her as a loyal customer.


    But yah. it didnt work when i powered it on lmao. It was a rollercoaster let me tell you.


    Ok im done spamming up your wall. sorry! :)


    Ha, that back and back with Commodore is hilarious. Are the dates around the same time the C64 was released? Commodore shipped so many defective machines at release and around Xmas time (1983?) that a huge percentage of them where shipped back for repairs. Commodore HQ actually had a large parking lot full of them from what I've read.. thousands of defective machines.


    Sadly, I had to pass on the C64 and 1702 monitor as someone else doubled what the guy was asking for. Can't win them all I guess.

  15. Dave Hawksett's Avatar

    While beige may indeed be cool again one day, light blue text on a darker blue background will not. This is speaking as a ZX Spectrum owner. Very nice find though.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  16. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett

    While beige may indeed be cool again one day, light blue text on a darker blue background will not. This is speaking as a ZX Spectrum owner. Very nice find though.



    😎

  17. Marco1019's Avatar

    I'm back on this site after a 6-month hiatus and I'm really glad I stumbled on to your wall post. I have a bunch of video games & systems in storage back East & I'll need to ship them out West eventually. Anyway, the info regarding the C64 power supply is very helpful! I'll reach out to you all going forward as I would really like to get my other systems set up one day. (The main issue is lack of space, of course.)


    I looked up that PS-64 and saw that it runs for $60-70. Is that about right? If so, then it is a little pricey but it beats the alternative.

    ThanksRogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesRogerpoco, The Evener liked this post
  18. ILLSeaBass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marco1019

    I'm back on this site after a 6-month hiatus and I'm really glad I stumbled on to your wall post. I have a bunch of video games & systems in storage back East & I'll need to ship them out West eventually. Anyway, the info regarding the C64 power supply is very helpful! I'll reach out to you all going forward as I would really like to get my other systems set up one day. (The main issue is lack of space, of course.)


    I looked up that PS-64 and saw that it runs for $60-70. Is that about right? If so, then it is a little pricey but it beats the alternative.


    Hey Marco, great to see you back active on TG. This is the C64 PSU I bought a while back:


    https://www.ebay.com/itm/COMMODORE-C-64-Power-Supply-BRAND-NEW-Commodore4ever-PS-64led/332769939085


    Well worth it. That seller also sells a cheaper version with out the LED display. Also works with my VIC-20 which is a plus.

    ThanksMarco1019 thanked this post
  19. Marco1019's Avatar

    Thanks, Matt! It's good to be back

Join us