Jace Hall's Feed

Jace Hall
11-13-2019 at 09:05 PM
111 Comments
Rate this Entry

TGSAP ONLY MODE

In light of some of the conversation and concerns that have been going on in regard to historical scores vs TGSAP scores, I have asked our engineering team look into creating a "TGSAP ONLY" mode for Twin Galaxies that will be set as default.

If set, this will remove all non-TGSAP scores from all displays and site calculations.

It will only display TGSAP scores and would rank list everything throughout the site only according to TGSAP scores.

If TGSAP ONLY mode is created, if a member wanted to include non-TGSAP scores into the display/lists/calculations they would then be able to set their account to ALL SCORES mode. (This is the mode the site currently is in).

I will keep you posted on this matter. That is all. Thank you.

Comments
  1. GibGirl's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade

    I assure you, over 90% of the existing pre-TGSAP scores you see today are legit and "real ".

    With TGSAP's early years, a few dozen scores fell through the cracks, that should NOT of been accepted, as most of them are pending disputes anyways.

    I do agree with you - I'm sure > 90% of pre-TGSAP scores are legitimate.

    The problem is that it's impossible to know WHICH scores are in that 10%.

    If I gave you a bowl of M&Ms and told you >90% of them didn't have the inside replaced with rabbit droppings, would you eat them? I'd hope not. I sure wouldn't.


    LikesMarcade, Snowflake liked this post
  2. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl


    I do agree with you - I'm sure > 90% of pre-TGSAP scores are legitimate.

    The problem is that it's impossible to know WHICH scores are in that 10%.

    If I gave you a bowl of M&Ms and told you >90% of them didn't have the inside replaced with rabbit droppings, would you eat them? I'd hope not. I sure wouldn't.



    uh oh we need a Turdcheck to verify scores now.

    LikesMarcade liked this post
  3. Emayl's Avatar

    It seems this will solve some issues without completely removing non-TGSAP scores from the database. That's good, as clearly everyone wants as accurate a scoreboard as posssible, no question there.

    But I do agree with the notion that there are a lot - a LOT - of legitimate scores that will suffer as a result. I have two non-TGSAP scores on the scoreboard, both are arcade scores and one is my pride and joy:

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/yie-ar-kung-fu/arcade/points/

    One thing I wish had happen at some point was for TG to allow linking of YouTube videos (or direct upload) from performances prior to the TGSAP era. I uploaded my maxout performance on YAKF to YouTube shortly after the scoreboard went down after the previous administration closed up shop (along with the second-place score, also a maxout, of my brother). Pete Hahn also has a maxout on the board under TGSAP listed in third.

    I figured the scoreboard may not return, so I uploaded them to YouTube for posterity. When the Jace era started, there was some talk of allowing videos not originally uploaded to TGSAP to be attached to a score, but that didn't come about, or if it did I missed it.

    Now, I understand that linking an old video is not the same as going through the TGSAP process. A ref approved both of the YAKF scores I'm talking about, and though I believe the ref to be completely honorable, I realize many will feel a ref is a ref, and TGSAP is the only way to go. I get that.

    Now, if I were to just resubmit my performance under TGSAP, as many feel is good option, and it's approved (I have no idea why it wouldn't be), I'll lose my top place listing (even though all three are listed as No. 1) on the scoreboard, as the score would be submitted and approved in 2019 as opposesd to 2012, which is when it was originally submitted and approved. So even if I prove the score legitimate, I'm still losing something I am quite proud of, which was being the first chronologically to max out the game on TG.

    If I don't resubmit, with the default mode set to TGSAP scores only, many would never even know I posted a score on the game unless they were curious about non-TGSAP scores.

    I don't know. This sounds messy but I don't have a great solution to the problem, either.

    ThanksJJT_Defender, Marc thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender, Snowflake, Ragequit liked this post
  4. JJT_Defender's Avatar
    This would be good knowing the differences in High scores and Fastest Times etc,. from Referee verification ??? to TGSAP Peer verification & voting more accurate
  5. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by DOH-flake



    uh oh we need a Turdcheck to verify scores now.


    Be nice, stooge! Any name calling will be censored by admin!

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
    Updated 11-14-2019 at 11:57 AM by Marcade
  6. JJT_Defender's Avatar

    @Jace Hall

    1. Jace can he upload the Youtube videos and other TG players to Twin Galaxy & to be verified a 2nd time by TGSAP TG members and voted in.

    2. Here is a suggestion on the QUESTIONABLE HIGHSCORES FASTEST COMPLETION TIMES & FASTEST RACE TIMES from Referee era to allow TG members who have VHS,DVD,on a FLASH DRIVE or on a 3rd Party video Site l;ike Twitch,Youtube daily motion etc. be uploaded directly to Twin Galaxy to be voted on by TG members under the TGSAP rules. that would clear up some of the questionable Twin Galaxy Referee verified World Records.

    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender
    This would be good knowing the differences in High scores and Fastest Times etc,. from Referee verification ??? to TGSAP Peer verification & voting more accurate
  7. JJT_Defender's Avatar

    1. Jace can he upload the Youtube videos and other TG players to Twin Galaxy & to be verified a 2nd time by TGSAP TG members and voted in.

    2. Jace Hall here is a suggestion on the QUESTIONABLE HIGH SCORES FASTEST COMPLETION TIMES & FASTEST RACE TIMES from Referee era to allow TG members who have VHS,DVD, FLASH DRIVE of there Game play /WR's or on a 3rd Party video Site like Twitch,Youtube daily motion etc. be uploaded directly to Twin Galaxy to be voted on by TG members under the TGSAP rules. that would clear up some of the questionable Twin Galaxy Referee verified World Records.

    Quote Originally Posted by Emayl

    It seems this will solve some issues without completely removing non-TGSAP scores from the database. That's good, as clearly everyone wants as accurate a scoreboard as posssible, no question there.

    But I do agree with the notion that there are a lot - a LOT - of legitimate scores that will suffer as a result. I have two non-TGSAP scores on the scoreboard, both are arcade scores and one is my pride and joy:

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/yie-ar-kung-fu/arcade/points/

    One thing I wish had happen at some point was for TG to allow linking of YouTube videos (or direct upload) from performances prior to the TGSAP era. I uploaded my maxout performance on YAKF to YouTube shortly after the scoreboard went down after the previous administration closed up shop (along with the second-place score, also a maxout, of my brother). Pete Hahn also has a maxout on the board under TGSAP listed in third.

    I figured the scoreboard may not return, so I uploaded them to YouTube for posterity. When the Jace era started, there was some talk of allowing videos not originally uploaded to TGSAP to be attached to a score, but that didn't come about, or if it did I missed it.

    Now, I understand that linking an old video is not the same as going through the TGSAP process. A ref approved both of the YAKF scores I'm talking about, and though I believe the ref to be completely honorable, I realize many will feel a ref is a ref, and TGSAP is the only way to go. I get that.

    Now, if I were to just resubmit my performance under TGSAP, as many feel is good option, and it's approved (I have no idea why it wouldn't be), I'll lose my top place listing (even though all three are listed as No. 1) on the scoreboard, as the score would be submitted and approved in 2019 as opposesd to 2012, which is when it was originally submitted and approved. So even if I prove the score legitimate, I'm still losing something I am quite proud of, which was being the first chronologically to max out the game on TG.

    If I don't resubmit, with the default mode set to TGSAP scores only, many would never even know I posted a score on the game unless they were curious about non-TGSAP scores.

    I don't know. This sounds messy but I don't have a great solution to the problem, either.

  8. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by GibGirl

    If I gave you a bowl of M&Ms and told you >90% of them didn't have the inside replaced with rabbit droppings, would you eat them? I'd hope not. I sure wouldn't.


    Marcrap reply:

    I will consider WABBIT droppings only. Slightly better taste during "rabbit season".

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  9. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade


    Marcrap reply:

    I will consider WABBIT droppings only. Slightly better taste during "rabbit season".


    those dropping sure are rounded

    LikesMarcade liked this post
  10. Ninglendo's Avatar

    This decision reminds me that I have to go back and watch my favorite buddy cop movie.

  11. RaGe's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade
    I will be filtering myself as both ALWAYS
    Bi, eh? You video game swinger, you.






    LikesMarcade liked this post
  12. Desidious's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe

    Bi, eh? You video game swinger, you.







    Holy **** you're alive!

    LikesMarcade, Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  13. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Negative nancy coming in. What is the issue with having the old scores mixed with the new scores? TG finally, after years, has a system in place that works. ESI has all been figured up and calculated so we can have a reference of old players vs new players. It's great for competition. So the new feature of competing against only TGSAP scores is what we want? Those old scores now have no relevance to compete against? I suppose TG is going to have a TGSAP leaderboard for most records now and a separate Pre-TGSAP leaderboard? And also a combined leaderboard? Yeah, don't see anything going wrong with that. Because why would we want our "video" submitted scores to be compared to "non video" submitted scores? Might as well do what many wanted in the first place and just remove the entire Pre-TGSAP leaderboard. The NFL should probably start to separate their records as well to the 12 game seasons and 16 game seasons. Because it's not impressive to see that Jim Brown having only played 12 game seasons still averaged more yards a season than pretty much every single player who has been playing in 16 game seasons. Yeah, I wan't to compete against the lesser competition and have my scores separated from that guy.

    This is just adding one more layer of separation to old TG and new TG. Scores in the database are scores in the database. If a score shouldn't be there, that is why we have the dispute system. The only reason some of these scores are even viewed for a dispute is because someone is probably thinking of competing on the game. The adjudication system is flawless and can't have any improvements before this happens? The search function for platforms and games can't be improved before this? The website going through insanely long load times at random hours of the day for whatever reason isn't more important than separating the leaderboards? The dispute system is a well oiled machine? The fact that I have to manually refresh my page after submitting a comment because the page will not load itself is not a major issue? Not to mention it's the most used function on TG but doesn't work properly. Seriously, separation of the leaderboards is the hot topic now? I suppose since the website has had more views recently I suppose announcing a leaderboard separation could draw the attention of TG haters.

    I'll just be honest, I'm more worried about my records being completely wiped out by fucking with the leaderboards than I am my scores being in the same leaderboards as pre-TGSAP scores, some of which being cheated/faked/mistakes. Those scores are being found. Many of them are flat out being beaten and forgotten. If a score is fake, it will be removed. Is having 85-90% of the pre-TGSAP scores being legit really worth spending the resources to just to separate them from the rest of the scores?

    This just feels like TG trying to calm the fire after the Rodrigo Zelda dispute and the "old leaderboards must go" mentality. Lets just separate the leaderboards, have people focus on the TGSAP era and hope that does it.

    Just fix what is already here first, please. Please. Separating the leaderboards shouldn't even be a topic right now. It adds NOTHING to the experience of TG. It really doesn't. Other than easing some egos and hate towards them, it adds zero value to the website as a whole. If they were completely removed that would be one thing, but they are still going to be here. I'm going to post now and manually refresh my page to see if the comment actually entered the website now.


  14. Desidious's Avatar

    Dude it's user choice so just leave yours like it was when you joined and move on. Doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm going to lose a lot of mu top spots but it's for the greater good.

  15. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe

    Bi, eh? You video game swinger, you.


    RaGe is back!!! This makes my day!!! :)

    You COULD OF told us ahead of time you were going to be GFG, muscle boy!


    LikesDesidious, Rogerpoco, RaGe liked this post
  16. datagod's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185

    ...I'm more worried about my records being completely wiped out by fucking with the leaderboards than I am my scores being in the same leaderboards as pre-TGSAP scores, some of which being cheated/faked/mistakes.

    How did you bypass the censors? LOL

    Also, it is a filter. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.


  17. datagod's Avatar

    Am I the only one that is CONSTANTLY befuddled by which reply button to click?

    Likessdwyer138, thegamer1185, Blackflag82 liked this post
  18. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by datagod

    Am I the only one that is CONSTANTLY befuddled by which reply button to click?


    Feel sorry for ya, kid!

  19. datagod's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185

    The only reason some of these scores are even viewed for a dispute is because someone is probably thinking of competing on the game.

    Dude, are you high? There are plenty of impossible scores that are in the system / have been removed from the system. Who wants to compete on impossible scores? I say that turns people away more than anything.

    You need X credit to even dispute a score. I say the reason people dispute scores is that they clearly violate the rules (TGSAP with missing youtube evidence) or they have been proven to be faked / used EXCESSIVE LEEEEEECHING / Were refereed by a wife's account, etc.

    My wife asked me why I care so much. My answer is that integrity is important in all aspects of life.

    Likesstarcrytas, Ragequit liked this post
  20. redelf's Avatar

    My feelings are mixed. We lose so many legit scores by gamers Dondald Hayes, Matt Hall, Robert Mruczek, The Crams, David Nelson, Dwayne Richard, Martin Bedard and those are just some of them. Most of the arcade scores are legit, it was and is mostly the consoles that have been cheated. Make the scoreboard TGSAP only and you lose over 90% of the Arcade board.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us