Jace Hall's Feed

Jace Hall
12-09-2019 at 02:04 AM
90 Comments
Rate this Entry

Policy Message...

While I understand that there will be times within the community where various people may not respect or get along well with each other for various non-adjudicative specific reasons, I would like to ask that we all try to take steps to avoid the expression of that occasional discord within the more restrictive TGSAP submission threads which are designed to be permanent and read by future site visitors forever.

TG will always endeavor to support free expression that falls within our Terms of Service, and obviously under that banner, a lot of off-topic non-adjudicative expression has historically gotten through in the TGSAP threads, but as we turn our attention more and more to improving the details and experience within the platform we need to be a little more restrictive in certain areas to support growth.

Thank you.

ThanksJJT_Defender, GibGirl, Snowflake thanked this post
Comments
  1. Ninglendo's Avatar

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/211789-Arcade-Marvel-VS-Capcom-2-Points-Tournament-Settings-2-581-459-600-ROY-Zamora

    This is another new member that just recently submitted. First thing they are greeted with is the usual JJT spam of screenshots but even better yet... JJT starts making demands like adding a time stamp when the run started even though the beginning of the sub is all the stuff he would demand to be shown anyways. Then he accuses the player of hiding gameplay secrets cause the camera isnt angled how he wants it. You cant make this stuff up lol

    LikesMarcade, EVN, Snowflake liked this post
  2. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/211789-Arcade-Marvel-VS-Capcom-2-Points-Tournament-Settings-2-581-459-600-ROY-Zamora

    This is another new member that just recently submitted. First thing they are greeted with is the usual JJT spam of screenshots but even better yet... JJT starts making demands like adding a time stamp when the run started even though the beginning of the sub is all the stuff he would demand to be shown anyways. Then he accuses the player of hiding gameplay secrets cause the camera isnt angled how he wants it. You cant make this stuff up lol


    Unreal.

    LikesNinglendo, EVN liked this post
  3. Snowflake's Avatar

    yeah i saw that one. the quality isnt ideal, though we've accepted lower quality. and theres certainly no hiding of secrets going on.

    LikesNinglendo liked this post
  4. datagod's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by JJT


    1. We need to think about helping Twin Galaxy become something.

    I agree Juan. Don't let these guys get you down.

    God Bless!

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
  5. RTM's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Marcade
    I would say the same thing for overall "ESI"... Because all it REALLY is, is a "participation" score index, and does not always measures ones "skill"



    RTM REPLY - funny you should say that as "likes" are really a "participation" score index and also do not necessarily measures one's "contributions", as recent events have shown us.

    "Credibility" should be split between portions from adjudication versus accepted submission and it might prove useful for historical purposes to tally the inception-to-date reductions of each.

    "ESI" works best at a track/variation level but starts to lose a little steam at a title level and a lot of steam at a platform level. Perhaps "ESI" as a benchmark should be tallied only up to the title level. After all, a strong DDR or Guitar Hero player can easily get the top platform "ESI" rating if all they play is one of those two titles. As for a higher level (overall) it is really an apples-and-oranges benchmark and should only be viewed as a kind of guide and nothing more should be implied.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesNinglendo, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by RTM




    RTM REPLY - funny you should say that as "likes" are really a "participation" score index and also do not necessarily measures one's "contributions", as recent events have shown us.

    i sadly agree, though i guess i'd rephrase likes dont show participation so much as controversy. a post that 2 people like but 100 people hate gives you more like credit than a post 1 person likes whcih offends noone. its why i really want dislikes back. dislikes would help neutralize unfailry gained likes. sadly some people just cant handle criticism and will freak out over dislikes, but other platofrms have proved it a useful measure

    i would really have to agree likes in the absense of dislikes arent very useful, but until dislikes are returned its sadly the best we have to measure meaningful contribuations.

  7. Barra's Avatar

    An ESI to # of scores ratio might be a better indication of someone's proficiency on a title/platform. Of course many people submit on games with little to no submissions so still shouldn't be taken as gospel

    LikesNinglendo liked this post
  8. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Mr O'Brien's Giga Wing Generations submission contains no clear violations of the track's rules, I concede that. However, Mr O'Brien did not trouble himself to prove that he was using a PC which meets the Type X system requirements. All he would've had to do is show his system's specs, via Control Panel, before starting the game. Furthermore, his keyboard footage does not show what his left hand is doing. For all an observer knows, he could be using key combinations which activate macros. Thus, to any adjudicator who is hungry for comprehensive evidence, his submission is garbage.

    You may criticise Mr Juan "JJT" Torres for demanding evidence which is not mandatory, but he is not the only adjudicator who does so. As a matter of fact, anyone who demands any evidence whatsoever is guilty of said transgression. It is a curious reality that a submitter could write his or her score down on a piece of toilet paper, take a blurry webcam shot of it, and use that as evidence; and, if enough adjudicators are satisfied with that, get a TG record. The only question would be whether or not the toilet paper was used to wipe someone's ass, before or after the photo was taken.

    LikesNinglendo, Barthax liked this post
  9. Pearl2hu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock
    Mr O'Brien's Giga Wing Generations submission contains no clear violations of the track's rules, I concede that. However, Mr O'Brien did not trouble himself to prove that he was using a PC which meets the Type X system requirements. All he would've had to do is show his system's specs, via Control Panel, before starting the game. Furthermore, his keyboard footage does not show what his left hand is doing. For all an observer knows, he could be using key combinations which activate macros. Thus, to any adjudicator who is hungry for comprehensive evidence, his submission is garbage.

    You may criticise Mr Juan "JJT" Torres for demanding evidence which is not mandatory, but he is not the only adjudicator who does so. As a matter of fact, anyone who demands any evidence whatsoever is guilty of said transgression. It is a curious reality that a submitter could write his or her score down on a piece of toilet paper, take a blurry webcam shot of it, and use that as evidence; and, if enough adjudicators are satisfied with that, get a TG record. The only question would be whether or not the toilet paper was used to wipe someone's ass, before or after the photo was taken.
    lol how would my pc not meet the specs if im playing the damn game
    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    LikesSnowflake, datagod liked this post
  10. Ninglendo's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock

    Furthermore, his keyboard footage does not show what his left hand is doing. For all an observer knows, he could be using key combinations which activate macros. Thus, to any adjudicator who is hungry for comprehensive evidence, his submission is garbage.

    If I was you I would dispute nearly every single TGSAP submission that didn't provide a handcam on both hands.


    ThanksFly thanked this post
  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    i have a few points about gigawings


    1. tg actually does have one rule of evidnece -- must have video. but point taken, for the most part there are no rules on evidence. however the issue isnt jtt is asking for more evidence, the issue is hes asking for evidence about something thats not a rule. hes asking for evidence it was played on real arcade when it doesnt have to be played on real arcade. it would be like me asking for evidence that he was playing in his own home, when its irreleavnt where he was playing. thats the issue, not the demand for evidence, but the particular thing looking to be verified.
    2. one doesnt need to see his left hand. one can observe footage. if anytihng of the footage does not match up with the keys he is showing then you'll have the proof of outside assistance.
    3. demanding he have up to date specs is like demanding the controller works. can you imagine DQing an arcade because we dont know if the joystick is broken?? if someone is working with below par equipment thats a disadvantage.


    this is exactly what people are talking about

  12. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    OK, since there appears to be a need for it, I shall elaborate on my preceding point. Firstly, showing PC specs & game's start is the equivalent of showing cartridge & console's powering up. Whether or not you, as an adjudicator, want to see that is up to you. In the case of these arcade system boards, showing that you have a PC which meets system requirements is good evidence that you don't need to pass off a demo version of a game as the full version, and showing the game's start allows adjudicators to observe all the indications that you are playing the full version of the game. Posting a photo of a PC doesn't prove anything. It could be your psychotherapist's computer, who would know?

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender, datagod liked this post
  13. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Incidentally, I observe that there is a lot of nonadjudicative talk in Mr O'Brien's thread, none of which he has complained about, even though it wastes far more cyberspace than anything posted by Mr Torres.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  14. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Playing this Giga Wing Generations game involves some accurate placement of the player's character, with several microadjustments of position. For this type of gameplay, a keyboard is better than a joystick. Especially if you've programmed some macros to make minute corrections of your microadjustments. You could tap your keyboard's arrow keys, while holding down 'control' or 'alter', activating the macro, and no one would be able to tell that you should have held down the key for a fraction of a second longer, or pressed it a fraction of a second sooner or later, to get that exact input.

    As I've already stated, I don't see anything suspicious about Mr O'Brien's footage. But, if he is showing his keyboard, he ought to show the whole thing, otherwise his evidence is not worth much. You people can vote on whatsoever you like, I have no problem with that. But, I wouldn't vote on Mr O'Brien's submission, because his hardware exposition is shite.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
    Updated 12-10-2019 at 12:23 AM by Almighty Dreadlock
  15. Pearl2hu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock
    Playing this Giga Wing Generations game involves some accurate placement of the player's character, with several microadjustments of position. For this type of gameplay, a keyboard is better than a joystick. Especially if you've programmed some macros to make minute corrections of your microadjustments. You could tap your keyboard's arrow keys, while holding down 'control' or 'alter', activating the macro, and no one would be able to tell that you should have held down the key for a fraction of a second longer, or pressed it a fraction of a second sooner or later, to get that exact input.

    As I've already stated, I don't see anything suspicious about Mr O'Brien's footage. But, if he is showing his keyboard, he ought to show the whole thing, otherwise his evidence is not worth much. You people can vote on whatsoever you like, I have no problem with that. But, I wouldn't vote on Mr O'Brien's submission, because his hardware exposition is shite.
    god i have to explain shmups again to non shmup players.


    number 1 : keyboard is not better than stick, i use stick now and can confirm there is no difference.


    number 2 : you dont need frame perfect inputs at all in GWG, the idea of macros is honestly baffling to me in a game this easy to clear.


    number 3 : you dont know how shmups work if you seriously think macros can be used like this, so why do you think your comments hold any weight.


    number 4 : please play the damn game before you judge my “hardware exposition” AKA, you're just looking to cause a problem.


    number 5 : honestly just maybe play a game before you judge it.
    LikesSnowflake, datagod, Desidious liked this post
  16. Almighty Dreadlock's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu
    god i have to explain shmups again to non shmup players. number 1 : keyboard is not better than stick, i use stick now and can confirm there is no difference. number 2 : you dont need frame perfect inputs at all in GWG, the idea of macros is honestly baffling to me in a game this easy to clear. number 3 : you dont know how shmups work if you seriously think macros can be used like this, so why do you think your comments hold any weight. number 4 : please play the damn game before you judge my “hardware exposition” AKA, you're just looking to cause a problem. number 5 : honestly just maybe play a game before you judge it.
    .
    Game type is irrelevant, your hardware preferences are irrelevant, game difficulty is irrelevant, your ignorance about macros is irrelevant. My comments are about standards of evidence. You can run your mouth about how easy the game is, it's a good tactic to convince a lot of people that you would never cheat in any way (such as playing an easy version). Maybe your submission will usher in an era, wherein arcade subs get accepted with just screen recordings as evidence. Good luck to you, as far as that goes. But I won't vote on your substandard sub, though, no matter how much you babble about "shmups".

    Anyway, I don't play that kind of garbage game. I prefer games which demand some reflexes as well as forethought. Playing a memory game, in which you're invincible three quarters of the time, is boring as hell to me. So, I suppose that means that I will never be in a position to judge your gameplay. I assume everyone who votes on your sub is a "gig shmups pro", and there are plenty of those, so you're covered.
    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
  17. JJT_Defender's Avatar

    That was almost 4 years ago 2017 & it will be 2020 in a few weeks, I thought it was Punch Out & that was in the past. And I was talking about getting higher score Punch Out.

    Giga Wing is a good example that has no arcade game control panel, in its place is a a key pad from a keyboard, it is more a PC than a arcade. The question is what platform should it be PC,Arcade or something new. JROK

    Certain TG members snowflake,Marcade,Ninglendo,Datagod,Desidious,Theg amer1185,EVN,are lobbying really hard/ganging up like a mob of bullies trying push their agenda and to get their way & get me kicked out ,by any means possible.

    Twin Galaxy members snowflake,Marcade,Ninglendo,Datagod,Desidious,Theg amer1185,EVN,bullying,taunting,berating,insulting, belittling,antagonizing,trying to provoke me. Trying so hard to get me mad, Even getting it from some Twin Galaxy staff joining in the insults.

    Their are many examples Videos,Pictures, from your reply's, that indicate that here on this thread alone not including the many other threads.

    You are all talk online but in person , you guys would say nothing, but only say hi or ignore me, either would be fine with me. But come at me,trying to bully me,please that would never happen & I would put in your place.

    I have more important things to worry about,than these silly mind games, with certain TG members snowflake,Marcade,Ninglendo,Datagod,Desidious,Theg amer1185,EVN,

    Stop using this thread to pick on me nearly 4 pages to what end, We lost a great player in Rodrigo Lopes regardless that questionable Zelda and few other submission in question.

    What is important is my new baby boy Adonis 6 months old.

    I know who I am , I am child of GOD.

    Happy Holidays to you and your families and friends

    God Bless you all

  18. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender

    That was almost 4 years ago 2017 & it will be 2020 in a few weeks, I thought it was Punch Out & that was in the past. And I was talking about getting higher score Punch Out.

    Giga Wing is a good example that has no arcade game control panel, in its place is a a key pad from a keyboard, it is more a PC than a arcade. The question is what platform should it be PC,Arcade or something new. JROK



    jjt these two points i'll respond to, more so point 2 cause you're right point 1 is in the past

    1. if you didnt know what game it was how could you give such strong criticism? anyone who watched the game would not be so confused of the game itself so thats no excuse. however if your point is it was a long time ago, fine and good, we've al made mistakes and can improve

    2. your question on gigawings was answered many times, if you ignored the answer all those other times i dont know what answering again will do. i have answered, jace himself has answered, garett has answered, pearl has answered, evn has answered, please reread the thread and you will see your answer

    as for the rest i'll just give a general answer.
    as for the bulying, whatever, you are right there is conflict, you can see me as a bully but i see you as bullying pearl. for sure there is conflict, for sure both sides think they are the good guys. this will happen. i wont argue on if its "bullying", you can call me a bullly if you like but i will argue i have the right to bring up my objections. as for you saying your real life is more important, i agree. good luck on your personal life. i sincerely wish the best for your loved ones.

  19. Barthax's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake



    jjt these two points i'll respond to, more so point 2 cause you're right point 1 is in the past

    1. if you didnt know what game it was how could you give such strong criticism? anyone who watched the game would not be so confused of the game itself so thats no excuse. however if your point is it was a long time ago, fine and good, we've al made mistakes and can improve

    2. your question on gigawings was answered many times, if you ignored the answer all those other times i dont know what answering again will do. i have answered, jace himself has answered, garett has answered, pearl has answered, evn has answered, please reread the thread and you will see your answer

    as for the rest i'll just give a general answer.
    as for the bulying, whatever, you are right there is conflict, you can see me as a bully but i see you as bullying pearl. for sure there is conflict, for sure both sides think they are the good guys. this will happen. i wont argue on if its "bullying", you can call me a bullly if you like but i will argue i have the right to bring up my objections. as for you saying your real life is more important, i agree. good luck on your personal life. i sincerely wish the best for your loved ones.


    (There will likely be no response coming: https://www.twingalaxies.com/jace-hall/wall/7558/moderation-update - just marking a point in the conversation.)

    Likesdatagod liked this post
    Updated 12-10-2019 at 05:52 AM by Barthax
  20. Snowflake's Avatar

    I noticed but his comment was three hours after that announcement . I wasn’t going to reply to a restricted person as that could be taken as taunting but timestamos show his restriction has either not been implemented or has already been lifted

    LikesBarthax liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Join us