JJT_Defender's Feed

JJT_Defender
Comments
  1. Barthax's Avatar

    It is a compilation title and if someone wants to invest in the tracks, it is perfectly valid.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
  2. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax

    It is a compilation title and if someone wants to invest in the tracks, it is perfectly valid.

    This opens the door for people submitting the exact same performance to multiple "games".


  3. Barthax's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138


    This opens the door for people submitting the exact same performance to multiple "games".


    Consider Atari 2600: NTSC, PAL, EMU for the platform itself... and almost every other platform since has had remakes/re-issues. There's even potentially three different versions of the same game per region in Atari Flashback too. It is not opening the door. The door was opened a long time ago, the bull has bolted, aged, died and been reborn.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
  4. Barthax's Avatar

    Consider also on NES & Gameboy (and others) where there are third-party knock-offs with (what look like) perfectly valid copies of original games. We don't accept those onto the original tracks because the third-party knock-off is not original. It is perfectly valid for someone to track the third-party knock-off cartridge in its own right and every game on it.

    ThanksJJT_Defender thanked this post
    LikesJJT_Defender liked this post
  5. sdwyer138's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax

    Consider also on NES & Gameboy (and others) where there are third-party knock-offs with (what look like) perfectly valid copies of original games. We don't accept those onto the original tracks because the third-party knock-off is not original. It is perfectly valid for someone to track the third-party knock-off cartridge in its own right and every game on it.


    Those do get accepted under the original game:

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/206397-NES-FAMICOM-DISK-Balloon-Fight-PAL-Points-Game-A-492-050-Ryan-Genno

  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    yeah some compilation merge some dont. ultimately track writers can create whatever they want. we were told thered be only two exceptoin, true duplicates and offesnive titles (i took offensive to mean something like racial slurs, not simply being offended cause someone thinks its lame).

    considering rudy's true duplicate for jaws nes hasnt been removed i find it hard to believe a situation like this where they may be differences and so a valid reason to keep both tracks will ever be removed.

    LikesBarthax liked this post
Join us