kernzyp's Feed

kernzyp
03-21-2021 at 03:59 PM
5 Comments
Rate this Entry

Bloody gits!

These are my notifications. Last week, it was Pete.





I must say, as I have before, the GT6 licenses are really unenjoyable, and uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it was because the time's to beat were so good, but it just didn't feel happy. It must have been your times.
I have to say, the time difference between Pete, Shaun and myself are so minimal, it reminds me of what my archery teacher said.
"This is great grouping". !
Limits are being reached. I'm still surprised there is not more competition on a game that was at least included with two PlayStation releases.
Don't you even race, bruh??
Welcome back Shaun.

Comments
  1. MyOwnWorstEnemy's Avatar

    As you or your archery teacher said, this is a tight grouping. Also can apply the 80 / 20 rule... 20% effort for 80% of the result and the last 20% takes 80% effort. We are at the point where we are trying to squeeze the last decimals out of these runs. Generally speaking, once we start hitting times about 1 second below the gold times, your getting close to rock bottom.

    Funny thing is that my game disc looks pristine except for a 1/3 inch straight-line scratch, which I can only see at the proper angle under direct light. Its enough of a scratch to confuse the console to not recognize the disc most of the time. I figured I'd just by a replacement since they were selling for about $5 USD the last time I've seen this in a video game store. I ventured out to my usual stores and couldn't find a single bloody copy. I looked on Ebay and Amazon, they wanted $25-$30 for a used version of the game. RIDICULOUS!!! Since I'm too cheap, I'm buffing and polishing the disc about 7-10 times before console will recognize it.

    FYI - At the end of January, I set a personal goal to pass 2,000 records by the end of March. You, Pete, and Ryan the Jacket knocked me back quite a bit. What your seeing in your notifications is what I basically saw for about every day for three weeks. Good on you fellas for putting up some great times / scores and serving me a good dose of humble pie. :)


    ThanksBarthax, kernzyp thanked this post
    Likesthegamer1185, Rogerpoco, Barthax, kernzyp liked this post
  2. kernzyp's Avatar

    I'm on my third or fourth copy of GT3. Have you tried toothpaste?
    My GT6 cost £6.50 from Ebay. Then a month later, another copy arrived from a failed delivery. If it works on your system, I'll send it if you wish?

    ThanksMyOwnWorstEnemy thanked this post
  3. MyOwnWorstEnemy's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp

    I'm on my third or fourth copy of GT3. Have you tried toothpaste?
    My GT6 cost £6.50 from Ebay. Then a month later, another copy arrived from a failed delivery. If it works on your system, I'll send it if you wish?

    I did use toothpaste to buff out the scratch. It seemed to work reasonably well for a little while. I'm going try it again to see if I can get more consistent disc detection from the console. Thanks for the offer.. I might take you up on that if my copy of the game continues to degrade. Below are the top 4 listings for Gran Turismo 6 on eBay. The last one is getting close to reasonable.


    Thankskernzyp thanked this post
  4. kernzyp's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy


    I did use toothpaste to buff out the scratch. It seemed to work reasonably well for a little while. I'm going try it again to see if I can get more consistent disc detection from the console. Thanks for the offer.. I might take you up on that if my copy of the game continues to degrade. Below are the top 4 listings for Gran Turismo 6 on eBay. The last one is getting close to reasonable.



    Seems cheaper here, not knowing the exchange rate. Some have sold for less than £5.
    Will my copy even work on your machine?

    LikesMyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  5. MyOwnWorstEnemy's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp



    Seems cheaper here, not knowing the exchange rate. Some have sold for less than £5.
    Will my copy even work on your machine?

    I'm not sure. I saw a few listings for a Gran Turismo 6th special edition 15th anniversary of GT. Most of these editions were language specific (Japanese, Russian, etc...) but a couple were listed as PAL. Not sure if the poster was lazy or wrong but I don't thing PS3 console has a region lock. I think it should work.

    After posting my previous message, I did find one that was more reasonable since it was bundle with 9 other games. Since I don't have most of these games, I'll watch and bid on this auction.

    Likeskernzyp liked this post
Join us