KidsHeartJP's Feed

KidsHeartJP
02-25-2018 at 05:26 PM
14 Comments
Rate this Entry

New member!

So I've finally done it. For too many years I wanted to be part of Twin Galaxies. TG is legendary in my circles and the arcades I hung out at. More importantly, it's legendary to me.

So this is a very big deal to me. Love the direction the new administration is taking things, and love even more that someone is keeping this alive.

I take high score chasing very seriously. When I go to vote on submissions, I watch the videos in full. I don't believe in blindly voting yes, no matter if it's a close trusted friend or not.

So if I vote on someone's score, it really matters.

^_^
Comments
  1. Jace Hall's Avatar
    Welcome to the community!!
    ThanksKidsHeartJP thanked this post
  2. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall
    Welcome to the community!!
    Thanks so much!

    Really glad to be a part of it :)
    Likesdarkcactus liked this post
  3. Ninglendo's Avatar
    Always nice to see new members! Welcome!
    ThanksKidsHeartJP thanked this post
    Likesdarkcactus liked this post
  4. sdwyer138's Avatar
    Hi and welcome!
    ThanksKidsHeartJP thanked this post
    Likesdarkcactus liked this post
  5. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo
    Always nice to see new members! Welcome!
    Thanks! I believe it. Not going to be a here today gone tomorrow member either.

    Won't be submitting for a while though, till I finish rebuilding my controls for my systems. Been having issues with input drops, and that's not competitive.

    It's tough for me to use pads for games I run in the arcade (or started on there).

    But practicing best I can with them in the mean time ^_^
    ThanksNinglendo thanked this post
    LikesNinglendo, darkcactus liked this post
  6. Derek's Avatar
    It’s funny for me and controllers, I’m always best with the originals, if it’s a joypad then I’m all in with that. I have a six button sega genesis arcade stick but I’m terrible with it so I always grab the joypad. For MAME I can’t stand joypads so use xarcade stick, I guess I’m a bit of purist on controllers :)
  7. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    It’s funny for me and controllers, I’m always best with the originals, if it’s a joypad then I’m all in with that. I have a six button sega genesis arcade stick but I’m terrible with it so I always grab the joypad. For MAME I can’t stand joypads so use xarcade stick, I guess I’m a bit of purist on controllers :)
    I hear you. Pads is what I mean by joypads. Arcade stuff, I can'r use em!

    For arcade style controls for systems, even with those I have to swap everything out for Sanwa parts. It's just what I'm into, and play better with :)

    Only built for system arcade style controller I have ever used (meaning not built and pad hacked or use an encoder for that system) was a MAS stick for the SNES. The older kids at the arcade put me on that one.

    I've always been big on fighting games, so when I saw a MAS stick. It was ballgame. Man that took some heavy lifting to save up for haha!
    LikesNinglendo, Derek, darkcactus liked this post
  8. Derek's Avatar
    I put a sanwa stick in my qanba arcade stick I bought for PC games after aa good friend wouldn’t shut up about it; totally worth it! I was shocked how much better it feels :)
  9. EVN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    I put a sanwa stick in my qanba arcade stick I bought for PC games after aa good friend wouldn’t shut up about it; totally worth it! I was shocked how much better it feels :)
    Thought you'd be right onto the Seimitsu sticks for your SHMUPs man.

    I use LS-32s for Street Fighter too, I could never get used to the looseness of the JLF sticks.
    LikesDerek liked this post
  10. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN
    Thought you'd be right onto the Seimitsu sticks for your SHMUPs man.

    I use LS-32s for Street Fighter too, I could never get used to the looseness of the JLF sticks.
    Defiantly benefit from a larger actuator, the stock one from factory is pretty small.
    LikesDerek liked this post
  11. Snowflake's Avatar
    welcome aboard, and as a side note, i really appreciate other members who take adjudicating seriously
    ThanksKidsHeartJP thanked this post
    LikesKidsHeartJP liked this post
  12. Derek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EVN
    Thought you'd be right onto the Seimitsu sticks for your SHMUPs man.

    I use LS-32s for Street Fighter too, I could never get used to the looseness of the JLF sticks.
    o I forgot that I did in fact change the actuator in the sanwa right out of the box, put one in that barely fits, 4 way games are pretty much impossible now with it but shmups and fighting games are superb. My xarcade I had to make my own actuator to get more sensitivity out of the stick, they are barely an 8 way out of the box.

    Anyways glad your here KidsheartJP :)
  13. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake
    welcome aboard, and as a side note, i really appreciate other members who take adjudicating seriously
    Hey thanks. It's a very big deal to me for sure. And I really enjoy doing it too. I don't like watching videos of others playing arcade/video games. Unless it's a high score performance.

    So it means a lot to me that others believe in it too.
  14. KidsHeartJP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek
    o I forgot that I did in fact change the actuator in the sanwa right out of the box, put one in that barely fits, 4 way games are pretty much impossible now with it but shmups and fighting games are superb. My xarcade I had to make my own actuator to get more sensitivity out of the stick, they are barely an 8 way out of the box.

    Anyways glad your here KidsheartJP :)
    You can change the gate too, might help with 4-Way games.

    Thanks man, I'm glad I made it! I wanted to wait for the right time, and finally the time is right.

    And glad you are here too!

    I think Dugger is around here somewhere also... ;)
    LikesDerek liked this post
Join us