Meckii's Feed

Meckii
02-25-2019 at 11:51 AM
8 Comments
Rate this Entry

Wall entry at 02-25-2019 20.44 pm

quick question with regards to the submission system and the length of time it takes for a submission to get accepted.

I recently put up a Doodle Jump submission around 1 week ago and it has only just got accepted being my first world record on Twin Galaxies which I am happy about but it does also confuse me. The reason it confuses me is because I have another submission active in Rocket League which has been up for around 1 month now or more and hasnt been accepted yet, the Rocket League submission has around 300-400 views with quite a lot of accepts while my Doodle Jump one has id guess around 100 views or so, does anyone know why something like my Rocket League submission hasnt been accepted yet compared to my Doodle Jump one which took around a week?

I was hoping that Rocket League would be my first world record as it took me quite a bit of effort and time to beat it. Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this and if it has happened to you guys often also, which I can imagine it has.
Likesnads liked this post
Comments
  1. speedy47591's Avatar

    views don't necessarily mean votes. I watch a lot of video without voting. I don't know if the practice is common or not, but the idea is 2 fold. I pick up tricks in games im not good at to improve my own play, secondly, it allows me to familiarize myself with games or systems where Im not that knowledgable so that in the future I can adjudicate, and do so reliably.

    LikesMeckii liked this post
  2. Meckii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy47591
    views don't necessarily mean votes. I watch a lot of video without voting. I don't know if the practice is common or not, but the idea is 2 fold. I pick up tricks in games im not good at to improve my own play, secondly, it allows me to familiarize myself with games or systems where Im not that knowledgable so that in the future I can adjudicate, and do so reliably.
    Thats understandable ive been been trying to do similar also in trying new games that ive never played before so that i can adjudicate better when it comes to people submissions. 
  3. Blackflag82's Avatar

    Length of the submission, popularity with the console, hotness of the game, etc all matter.

    Some higher cred people may have viewed and voted on doodle jump while there's less certainty about rocket league. It'll get through in time though.

  4. Joonas's Avatar

    It did get through few minutes ago, congrats again Ryan; I was one of the first to adjudicate it.

    LikesBlackflag82 liked this post
  5. Meckii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joonas
    It did get through few minutes ago, congrats again Ryan; I was one of the first to adjudicate it.
    Its weird how it went through as i made a wall post about it haha but cant complain cheers again for adjudicating 
    LikesJoonas, Snowflake liked this post
  6. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Meckii
    Its weird how it went through as i made a wall post about it haha but cant complain cheers again for adjudicating

    Your post probably got one or two people to check the submission and voted on it, and those were the votes needed. Don't think it has something to do with TG staff choosing to pass it because you complaint or something.

    Also, the more people know you the more votes you'll get, and future submissions are always likely to pass faster than your inaugural ones.

  7. Meckii's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola
    Quote Originally Posted by Meckii
    Its weird how it went through as i made a wall post about it haha but cant complain cheers again for adjudicating
    Your post probably got one or two people to check the submissionto vote on it and those were the votes needed. Don't think it has something to do with TG staff choosing to pass it because you complaint or something.Also, the more people know you the more votes you'll get, and future submissions are always likely to pass faster than your inaugural ones.
    Yeah thats true and I didnt really expect that ut was TG staff that did it haha just a funny thing to happen with the timing of it
  8. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola


    Also, the more people know you the more votes you'll get, and future submissions are always likely to pass faster than your inaugural ones.

    Well you say that...lol.

Join us