Outworld's Feed

Outworld
10-16-2021 at 02:58 PM
23 Comments
Rate this Entry

In process - Accepted - verified.

I admit i'm naive on the whole process here at TG. Can someone please bring me up to speed on what the methods of verification are on the site?
I have two scores that are "in process" & one of them for over a month now. Does accepted mean that Admin have accepted your submission or actually verified it? I was planning on submitting my scores one at a time & wait for each to be verified before submitting another. If i was to do this at the rate it's going i would be here submitting in a years time.
Sorry if it's a really dumb question, just i have only ever submitted the two scores i mentioned. I have no idea if this wait period is actually normal.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/outworld

Cheers & have a good one.

LikesUlisses Patriota, Rev John liked this post
Comments
  1. Ulisses Patriota's Avatar

    Your submissions are being evaluated by the TG player community.

    That is, they have not yet been confirmed or rejected.

    ThanksOutworld thanked this post
    LikesOutworld liked this post
  2. Snowflake's Avatar

    nothing wrong with submitting multiples at a time. its not admin that approves, its your peers/community/volunteers. Since its volunteer, theres no exact formula for what is gotten to first. People are gonna be more likely to verify a game they also play and enjoy. All sorts of subjective criteria like that can factor into what individuals verify and what they ignore. BUT there are some people who are willing to verify any and every thing, so al subs do eventually get approved, some just take longer than others to get the needed attention.


    a month is a bit on the slower end but its not unheard of.

    ThanksOutworld, Rev John thanked this post
    LikesOutworld, Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  3. The Evener's Avatar

    Also, if you haven't already, make sure you vote in the affirmative on your submission. I know some people choose not to do that, but honestly a vote in favour of your submission is a declaration that you stand behind it. Sometimes submissions are just on the cusp of approval, so every vote counts.

    ThanksOutworld thanked this post
    LikesOutworld, Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  4. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    I think(and only think) pseudonyms are allowed now, but I thought a real name was necessary for a validated account(apparently not), but I'd guess that is why some(including myself)wouldn't vote on the score, because here at TG, real names SHOULD be associated, as these aren't "pretend" scores from moderator controlled sites...

    :(



  5. Snowflake's Avatar

    a real name has to be associated behind the scenes but that real name can be private. Admin will make sure that each real person only has one account.

    this is a somewhat recent rule change, at one point fake names did in fact come with a reject, no longer.

    LikesOutworld liked this post
  6. Outworld's Avatar

    My real name was verified with TG.

  7. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Outworld

    My real name was verified with TG.


    I get that, but TG themselves don't actually vote.

    Just sayin', it's "a" reason, mebbe not "the" reason for the delay in the scores going thru, I am sure they eventually will, tho.

    Being a "real person" here does help tho, I personally always thought the pseudonyms were silly, we aren't truckers on CB radios, haha, we are people putting up high scores, if we are ashamed enough of it to hide our names, we should do something else, or at least do it elsewhere.

    Just sayin'.


  8. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    a real name has to be associated behind the scenes but that real name can be private. Admin will make sure that each real person only has one account.

    this is a somewhat recent rule change, at one point fake names did in fact come with a reject, no longer.


    Private people should privately play games by themselves, on their own private terms.

    Arguments?

    :D


  9. Outworld's Avatar

    Well i can assure you, I am indeed a real person :D I am also not ashamed of my name or the scores i submit. I chose to have it private as I am a twitch partner & do not wish to be doxed through a third party website. Hope that clears things up.

    ThanksRev John thanked this post
    LikesRagequit liked this post
  10. Ragequit's Avatar

    Most of my submissions took about 3-4 weeks to be accepted so it's pretty normal for me, then again i remember someone talking about submissions being accepted within a week or even a couple of days but i guess that won't be the case for everybody. I doubt your no reptile score will take much longer to be accepted, but the other submission is just so heavy with all the triforce bs and what not you shouldn't really expect any outcome of that anytime soon.....WHICH I THINK IS STUPID but it is what it is.

    ThanksOutworld thanked this post
    LikesOutworld liked this post
  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco



    Private people should privately play games by themselves, on their own private terms.

    Arguments?

    :D


    well depending on what you mean by "should". TG policy used to agree with you, it now disagrees. nothing wrong with you not liking the policy, theres plenty things i dont like yet still like the place overall. Its just good to clarify when you're sharing what you think the policy should be versus what it actually is

    also, and i' not just saying this to be nice, in this context you're input is VERY helpful since others might feel the same. while i disagree with your opinioin, it is a fact you and others have that opinion and that matters since it explains why someone might not vote.

    ThanksOutworld, Rogerpoco thanked this post
    LikesOutworld, Ragequit, Rogerpoco liked this post
  12. Outworld's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco

    I think(and only think) pseudonyms are allowed now, but I thought a real name was necessary for a validated account(apparently not), but I'd guess that is why some(including myself)wouldn't vote on the score, because here at TG, real names SHOULD be associated, as these aren't "pretend" scores from moderator controlled sites...

    :(



    Here's the option to show/hide your full name in the personal details menu of a user profile. I respect your opinion, but it looks like TG allows me to keep my details private so i'm going to use that feature.
    Cheers.
    LikesRagequit, Fly liked this post
  13. Ragequit's Avatar

    He's posting videos on twitch and people that know him are commenting on his videos. Has there ever been an incident where someone playing a game on twitch wasn't actually a real person?

    LikesOutworld liked this post
  14. EVN's Avatar

    "Real person" can be a pretty loose description when talking about Twitch streamers.

    LikesRagequit, Outworld liked this post
  15. Ragequit's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by EVN

    "Real person" can be a pretty loose description when talking about Twitch streamers.

    Lol. Well this guy sure ain't no bot. And if the videos on his twitch stream aren't his someone would notice i think.
  16. Snowflake's Avatar

    its also more than "embarassment".

    there's psychos who will send you dildos in the mail if you beat your record
    theres psychos who will make mutliple youtube vidoes about you, defaming you if you beat their record
    Theres psychos who will actually accuse you of hrassment if you beat their record
    there's psychos who will call you job and try to get you fired if you beat their record
    theres psychos who will do all the above if you happen to make some comment just once that they disagree with

    i know for a fact someone i conflict with here takes the time to stalk my facebook. Not sure what he thinks he can do with it but he makes comments about my statuses to others which is how i know he stalks it.


    heck, does the mitchell lawsuit not tell you how psychotic some of the old TG folks are and why some people would want to keep their names private?

    LikesRagequit, EVN, Outworld, Silent Apostle liked this post
  17. EVN's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    its also more than "embarassment".

    there's psychos who will send you dildos in the mail if you beat your record


    Or when they mail you explosives hoping to blow your hands up and end your gaming career :D

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  18. Whilethekidsareaway's Avatar

    What size dildos?? asking for a friend!!

    LikesRogerpoco, Snowflake, Fly, lexmark, Outworld and 1 others liked this post
  19. Rogerpoco's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake


    well depending on what you mean by "should". TG policy used to agree with you, it now disagrees. nothing wrong with you not liking the policy, theres plenty things i dont like yet still like the place overall. Its just good to clarify when you're sharing what you think the policy should be versus what it actually is

    also, and i' not just saying this to be nice, in this context you're input is VERY helpful since others might feel the same. while i disagree with your opinioin, it is a fact you and others have that opinion and that matters since it explains why someone might not vote.


    Just trying to ensure that the silent majority is spoken for.

    :)




  20. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway

    What size dildos?? asking for a friend!!


    i'm not sure those details were ever disclosed. But as the perpertrator multiple times bragged about it and threatened to do it to others, and the "victim" multiple times complaind about it, i fully believe it.

    as a humorous side note EVN's comment shows hes aware of who exactly did it. same person, who liked to send others dildos in the mail, lied about having a bomb sent to him in the mail by people who wanted to end his gaming career.

    its among the funnier/sillier ones, but it also demonstrates what sort of people exist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us