Pixe Sukola's Feed

Pixe Sukola
04-05-2019 at 09:27 PM
8 Comments
Rate this Entry

F&F Drift Tracks

I have been creating the tracks for the Fast and Furious drift game and I separated them into automatic and manual transmission but with tracks for drift time and air time too, we might end up with a lot of tracks that may not be filled.

So I was wondering if we should allow any transmission to make it more practical. Of course this would need a little help from admin staff to delete "automatic" from the tracks I already created that would need it.

Since the first track created does not say anything about transmission I would create a new one with transmission settings included and would create the rest of the Fastest Times tracks, fortunately I have only created a couple so far.

So, what do you guys think?


Comments
  1. datagod's Avatar

    Leave it up to the player. Lets find out what gives the advantage. I will say more control goes to standard transmission, and in the hands of the right player a better score / faster time will be achieved.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
  2. Snowflake's Avatar

    I’ve never seen anyone except jjt suggest seperatimg the two. Do what you want it’s yiure right but if it was me I’d merge them unless I believed there would be enough submissions and interest to justify a split

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
  3. Blackflag82's Avatar

    I agree with the above, merge and let the player's figure it out

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
    LikesGerman H. Gonzalez, datagod liked this post
  4. German H. Gonzalez's Avatar

    I believe its better being practical and simple at the beginning and then, if the community of players grows, split the records.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likesdatagod liked this post
  5. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by German H. Gonzalez

    I believe its better being practical and simple at the beginning and then, if the community of players grows, split the records.

    That's a good idea and sounds very logical, but the problem is that once people have accepted records on the leaderboard, they cannot be split into different categories. The separation has to be clear from the beginning.


    So taking into account everybody's opinion and also my own, I think it'll be best if the tracks for Fastest Race are split into automatic and manual, like datagod said, somebody driving correctly a manual transmission can make a real difference when it comes to fastest time.

    Tracks for Drifting and Airtime would allow any transmission. In that way the tracks that are the most popular will have the two options and the rest will be simpler.

    LikesGerman H. Gonzalez, darkcactus liked this post
  6. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola

    That's a good idea and sounds very logical, but the problem is that once people have accepted records on the leaderboard, they cannot be split into different categories. The separation has to be clear from the beginning.


    So taking into account everybody's opinion and also my own, I think it'll be best if the tracks for Fastest Race are split into automatic and manual, like datagod said, somebody driving correctly a manual transmission can make a real difference when it comes to fastest time.

    Tracks for Drifting and Airtime would allow any transmission. In that way the tracks that are the most popular will have the two options and the rest will be simpler.


    Changed my mind again, I cant believe this, Now I understand JJt a little bit.

    The simpler way would be to always allow both transmission and Im going with that.

    I will create the rest of the fastest race tracks without specifying automatic and manual and since transmision is not mentioned in the rules, players could use any of them.

    Sorry for the indecision in the rules, in the words of JJT, now they are perfect and final.

    Cheers!

    Updated 04-06-2019 at 11:40 AM by Pixe Sukola
  7. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    All tracks have been created now.


    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/the-fast-and-the-furious-drift-tokyo-drift/arcade/

    I just asked Franny to help me correct the tracks that need it.

    Likesdarkcactus liked this post
  8. Blackflag82's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixe Sukola

    All tracks have been created now.


    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/the-fast-and-the-furious-drift-tokyo-drift/arcade/

    I just asked Franny to help me correct the tracks that need it.


    careful or you might can banned from future track creation :P

    in all seriousness though, thanks for getting this created and sorted out. This is a series I wouldn't have cared about pre-JJT and his saga, but now that I know how common the three versions are, I'm going to be on the look out in my area and hope to submit at some point.

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likesdarkcactus, German H. Gonzalez liked this post
Join us