Pixe Sukola's Feed

Pixe Sukola
06-30-2020 at 06:06 PM
57 Comments
Rate this Entry

Want to be a Fast & Furious track founder?

Hi everybody, I have a few minutes to spare so I thought I would create a new track for the game F&F Super Cars and I thought it would be very nice if a large number of members can work on this together and fund the track.

If you want to donate submission points and become a track founder, you are more than welcome, 25 poinst are needed to activate a track proposal, I ask you to donate only 1 point per person, that way more people can participate.

I will be posting the track proposal here in 30 minutes, trying to give more people time to see this post.

By the way, I'm not just going to create the track for the sake of it, I already have my score recorded and ready to be submitted.

Thanks!

Thanksdatagod, Marcade thanked this post
Comments
  1. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    ok i respect holding off. You have the patience of a saint, and even though on a matter of principle i disagree with you, considering how much of a personal beating i know you're taking over this i respect that. I would still suggest thinking about the dangers of course of giving into tantrums. good things with bad motives are still good things. and of course i dont think any patience, respect, or compassion will ever get him to reciprocate, however, sure go for it. you might want to put a timeline though otherwise you'll be here 5 years from now with the same argument continuing. you've tried patience. at some point -- much later, i respect waiting -- maybe give this route a try too.

    I understand what you are saying and you are free to disagree - and I also respect your decision to do so.

    I don't feel it will be reciprocated either, but that is something I have accepted a long time ago.
  2. starcrytas's Avatar

    I wonder what would have happened if a totally different user who was not aware of JJT's complaints created these tracks and beat everyone to it.

    This is something he didn't account for.

    LikesSnowflake, Blackflag82, datagod liked this post
  3. Ninglendo's Avatar

    So Im just wondering IF and when JJT finally starts submitting to Fast and Furious is he gonna get the same type of special treatment that TG is giving him here? Meaning is anybody going to be allowed to compete with him? I gotta assume with the current logic of this if we aren't allowed to even create LEGIT tracks to the game he plays then we aren't allowed to play the game itself because it might "upset him" if he gets beat. Cause you know that is exactly what is going to happen. Whoever beats him is gonna be drug through the ringer with accusations of cheating and god knows what else. Maybe even physical threats like he has done in the past.

    God forbid the community steps up to take care of an almost 2 year problem with creating tracks for this game. If the community was allowed to do what we should be allowed to do in the first place all these tracks could be created in a day or two and we could finally put to rest this unending saga. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he cares more about padding his track creation count than he does actually submitting to the game. That can be made clear by how he pads his likes/thanks count which BTW is really effing annoying.

    Likesstarcrytas, Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  4. Blackflag82's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny

    it seems that all he cares about is this game.

    I do want to mention that I think that all he cares about is this game in this moment...he's already shown his cards on H20verdrive and Sno Xross, and whatever else he's vaguely mentioned creating tracks for. My fear would of course that he's going to try to put the community and you through this again with a different game.

    After all, he literally put us all through this exact thing for this exact game multiple times, only to come back and make changes again.

    You should deal with this however you see fit. I applaud your patience and effort on this, but I truly hope once the book is closed on this that it is not allowed to be reopened to a different chapter...At this point, imo, Juan has drained too much of the community's and TG's time, energy, and resources on this thing, and I think it would be a mistake to allow him to do this to any degree again.

    ThanksNinglendo, SincerelyFranny thanked this post
    Likesstarcrytas, Marcade, Snowflake liked this post
  5. datagod's Avatar

    I believe that creating tracks should be allowd. EVEN IF IT PISSES OFF SOMEBODY WHO HAS PROVEN THEY ARE INCABABLE OF CREATING THE TRACKS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

    JJTT cannot create a track on his own. The community has helped him repeatedly. YOU Saint Franny have helped him over and over and over and what have you gotten but a bunch of grief?

    It took me 2 years to convince him to use a better screen shot software and I am glad to see that he has learned how to use it. But can you imagine if you banned everyone from using screenshots because he was banned?

    He is getting special treatment. Fine. Hold his hand, coddle him. Tell him bed time stories about race car games if you have to.

    But please don't tell the community to stop creating tracks because it will hurt his feelings.


    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
    LikesMarcade, Snowflake liked this post
  6. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by datagod

    I believe that creating tracks should be allowd. EVEN IF IT PISSES OFF SOMEBODY WHO HAS PROVEN THEY ARE INCABABLE OF CREATING THE TRACKS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

    JJTT cannot create a track on his own. The community has helped him repeatedly. YOU Saint Franny have helped him over and over and over and what have you gotten but a bunch of grief?

    It took me 2 years to convince him to use a better screen shot software and I am glad to see that he has learned how to use it. But can you imagine if you banned everyone from using screenshots because he was banned?

    He is getting special treatment. Fine. Hold his hand, coddle him. Tell him bed time stories about race car games if you have to.

    But please don't tell the community to stop creating tracks because it will hurt his feelings.



    Everyone here has expressed the want for this community to grow...

    How can it grow when our action, no matter how generally 'good' they may be, alienate those who show enthusiasm toward a specific game or topic.

    Yes, he is getting special treatment right now. I feel like I've given most everybody some type of unique treatment because I try to take the path of diplomacy in most cases.

    As far as screen shots learned, it may have taken 2 years, but it finally happened. You can't say they the effor was pointless now.

    Likesfredb999 liked this post
  7. Pearl2hu's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny

    As far as screen shots learned, it may have taken 2 years, but it finally happened. You can't say they the effor was pointless now.

    Is the 2 years of frustration worth the small benefit? This can apply to any situation mind you, not just the screenshots.
    If the fast and furious chronicles continues for another year and eventually is resolved with a small benefit, will it be worth the amount of frustration the community has dealt with collectively?
    ThanksNinglendo thanked this post
  8. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu



    Is the 2 years of frustration worth the small benefit? This can apply to any situation mind you, not just the screenshots.
    If the fast and furious chronicles continues for another year and eventually is resolved with a small benefit, will it be worth the amount of frustration the community has dealt with collectively?

    I would hope it would not last another year... but if it is resolved no matter how small the benefit, I would personally consider it worth it. (Speaking for myself here)

    Everyone is free to block JJT and not participate in the conversation, but I feel like most do because they find it entertaining.

    As mentioned, this community is small so the attention given to those who choose to stay here, to me, is justified.

    I know some of you might doubt this, but I genuinely care and hope for the future success of TG.

    Likesstarcrytas liked this post
  9. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo

    So Im just wondering IF and when JJT finally starts submitting to Fast and Furious is he gonna get the same type of special treatment that TG is giving him here? Meaning is anybody going to be allowed to compete with him? I gotta assume with the current logic of this if we aren't allowed to even create LEGIT tracks to the game he plays then we aren't allowed to play the game itself because it might "upset him" if he gets beat. Cause you know that is exactly what is going to happen. Whoever beats him is gonna be drug through the ringer with accusations of cheating and god knows what else. Maybe even physical threats like he has done in the past.

    God forbid the community steps up to take care of an almost 2 year problem with creating tracks for this game. If the community was allowed to do what we should be allowed to do in the first place all these tracks could be created in a day or two and we could finally put to rest this unending saga. Im gonna go out on a limb here and say he cares more about padding his track creation count than he does actually submitting to the game. That can be made clear by how he pads his likes/thanks count which BTW is really effing annoying.

    I would encourage people to compete on those leaderboards.
  10. Blackflag82's Avatar

    A brief chronology:

    -JJT designed and created a huge # of tracks that he then asked you to make adjustments on. This was the genesis of the "initial" community push to help him with his ruleset.

    -A number of us in the community came together and helped him with this effort. There ere less constructive things voiced by almost everyone involved at some point, but overall, the community was making constructive strides to getting his rules playable and convincing him of these changes.

    -Juan finally pushed through a rule set that most of the community agreed was flawed, but passable.

    -Some months go by, a few submissions come in and then the arcades where Juan goes didn't want to keep opening the machines for him, so told him no. Being the only one who had submitted for his tracks, it would have been reasonable for him to state what had happened, say "my bad", and request the change in rules to allow submissions without showing internals. Instead, he proceeds to create a bunch of new tracks, while also raising the possibility of tracks with new games.

    -A number of times in the previous year-ish he berates and harasses TG staff to lift his track creating ban

    -Finally his ban gets lifted and he immediately begins creating problematic tracks and refuses to acknowledge any posts or emails trying to help him.

    -Brings us to now, and who knows what's going to happen moving forward

    How many people have come to TG during the above, seen the train wreck that is JJT track creation and left because of the insanity in those threads? I mean this as a rhetorical question, but let's be honest - JJT, despite all his threats isn't going anywhere. There are actually potential community members who have left because of JJT (one individual spoke with me about it offline and said he submitted a couple scores, had JJT spam him with screenshots, directions on "proper filming/submission"(even though all the submissions went through), and multiple pms saying the same thing the thread posts stated. All of that within his first couple weeks, and he basically said he didn't want to deal with that sort of thing on a site he was looking to expand his hobby on. I experienced the same thing when I came back to TG. Luckily I'd experienced JJT in the old TG, knew who he was, and largely ignored him, but that's not always the case.

    If you walk up to a store you're interested in and the greeter is yelling, speaking in gibberish, and telling you you're not dressed in the optimal way, are you going to want to go into the store? Maybe you make it in because you don't want to judge the store by the greeter, but then the greeter proceeds to follow you through the store repeating the same gibberish and continuing to yell the whole time you're there...would you really want to stick around? And I get it, Juan has invested a lot in the TG community, and I don't think he should be banned from TG, but to continue the above analogy a little further, at a certain point failing to realize that said greeter would be better suited in the stockroom (with it's limitations and different responsibilities) than the front door is a big problem...

    And yes, we're all free to block JJT, but people who are coming to this site for the first time and might actually build the community aren't going to know to block him (let alone that it is even an option). Again, not saying we should ban him, but if we're really looking to build the community, then it's not a crazy idea to consider revoking certain privileges that aren't being exercised well (and I would apply that statement to any member, including myself)

    ThanksNinglendo thanked this post
    Likesstarcrytas, Snowflake, sdwyer138 liked this post
    Updated 07-01-2020 at 12:55 PM by Blackflag82
  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny



    Everyone here has expressed the want for this community to grow...

    How can it grow when our action, no matter how generally 'good' they may be, alienate those who show enthusiasm toward a specific game or topic.

    Yes, he is getting special treatment right now. I feel like I've given most everybody some type of unique treatment because I try to take the path of diplomacy in most cases.

    As far as screen shots learned, it may have taken 2 years, but it finally happened. You can't say they the effor was pointless now.

    Let me answer your qeustion with a question. how can i grow when all the silent lurkers here see that all that anyone has to do to get their way is throw a temper tantrum.

    JJT's been here 10 years, hes not some new number that needs temporary help. JJT is not growth. upsetting him wont stop growth especailly when what upsets him most is positive action. Giving into him makes TG a bigger joke and hurts growth more than refusing

    yeah, i'm really sure TG growth will stop if people learn admin doesnt give into temper tantrums. come on, being responsible doesnt harm growth.

    if you wanna be a saint with patience you know i respect that and i respect you, but nothing about stopping legit track creation and rewarding bad behavior helps growth.
  12. Pearl2hu's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82

    There are actually potential community members who have left because of JJT

    I was pretty close to leaving when I had him spam my posts with screenshots and wikipedia entries tbh
    LikesBlackflag82, Ninglendo liked this post
  13. Snowflake's Avatar

    oh and lets not forget a prominent speedrunner specfiically left citing JJTs bad actions, and his words are heard by a large following So actually we have strong evidence that giving into jjt is what severely harms growth. if you truly wanted TG grwoth you'd silence him

    LikesBlackflag82, Ninglendo liked this post
  14. Ninglendo's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    oh and lets not forget a prominent speedrunner specfiically left citing JJTs bad actions, and his words are heard by a large following So actually we have strong evidence that giving into jjt is what severely harms growth. if you truly wanted TG grwoth you'd silence him

    It's been more than just one prominent speedrunner with a large following. I think I know what you are talking about which was the Punch-Out arcade record. Which by the way was the worse example. You had Juan taunting and insulting the guy for pages upon pages.

    Another instance was when a top Super Metroid player submitted his time here only to have Juan make ridiculous claims and demands. The guy was already skeptical of TG but after that experience he said what a joke and left for good. Which really sucks because at the time I was trying to be a diplomat if you will with people in the speedrun community. I even helped make a Super Metroid track to cater to the ruleset all the players use.

    He is one of the reason I won't submit my speedruns here because at the end of the day I don't want my sub spammed with needless info and needless demands. I don't wanna deal with criticism because I killed a boss too quickly for their baseless standards. I don't wanna be accused of abusing glitches when in fact Im using techniques the programmers intentionally put in the game. See the Super Metroid sub for that example. So I agree with @Snowflake . Juan hinders growth of the website. There is a handful of examples of that.
    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  15. Snowflake's Avatar

    I present exhibit A


    so when this prominent speedrunner who has a yuge following expressed he was hesitant to submit again where was the concern for "growth" then.

    jtt harassed, hounded, badged, bullied zallard, telling zallard he could beat him (very insulting), spamming zallard, and trying to get run rejected as well as mansplaining (quite incorreclty i might point out) how things zallard is an expert in work

    oh wait i see the different. When a polite person with a huge following gets disugted by jjt leaves, well that hurts growth, but noone is responsible for anyone elses actions jjt broke no rules.

    but when a rude, temper tantrum thrower like jjt who imipedes grwoth breaks rules and freaks out, then people who are contribuitng are asked to stop even their positive contribution.

    people learn from how you treat them. Again your site. I wont add tracks, i'll follow your rules. But you've coddled jtt and look how he treats you. look how he treats others. coddle him if you must, but lets be honest with ourselves and not pretend putting up with him enables grwoth when the exact opposite is true


    pepole learn how to treat you based on how you treat them. consider how you're teaching jjt to treat you and how you're teaching to treat others

    LikesNinglendo liked this post
  16. Snowflake's Avatar

    I present exhibit b

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/172910-Arcade-Super-Punch-Out!!-Points-1-917-800-Zachary-Allard/page3

    throughout it zallard politely (much like you mrs franny) responds to all jtts harassment calmly and cooly and yet just gets more harassment. some ridiculous highlights include jjt taunting him for not owning tg and not being jace (even though jtt also doesnt own tg and isnt jace), then look at this line below. while not the most offenisve it is the most ridiculous and shows jjt was just there to harass. heck theres paragraphs upon paragraphs about how good he is at fast and furious copied and pasted into someone else thread

    where was the concern for growth when jjt was harassing, houdning, badgering, hyenaing people away?


  17. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl2hu



    I was pretty close to leaving when I had him spam my posts with screenshots and wikipedia entries tbh

    I would like to remind everyone that he was banned for a month because of that and has since stopped.
  18. Marcade's Avatar

    Most of his spam blogs (of spoiled child rants) should come with an auto signature.."here we go again"

    He is a bad egg...

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  19. Pixe Sukola's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny


    I know we are all at the ends of our rope with this mess, but all of this antagonizing has gone a bit far.


    I don't think it has gone far at all Franny, for 2 days I tried to convince Juan to stop creating and I would make a video specially to help him, I've offered to buy him a Windows license so he can play MAME, I offered to buy a console and games for him and send it right to his house so that he could submit scores and he has done nothing but being annoying, oblivious, stubborn and disrespectful even to you.

    All I did was create a track and submit my score. I have never created tracks that I don't plan on submitting scores to. Does this make Juan upset? Good I'm glad, so what? Why should anybody stop creating tracks just because somebody else wanted to create them first? Specially when he has demostrated to be incapable of doing that simple task correctly.

    Should we refrain from beating his scores too because this is, in his idiotic mind, "his game"? If a new player comes in and creates the tracks without knowing the special treatment that JJT has, are we gonna tell him to stop making the site grow because the old baby is going to cry?

    I won't create more tracks for now out of respect for Franny, but the way I see it, Juan is damaging the site more that he could posibly help and showing any compasion for him is useless at this point, he will drive us all crazy and out of here before he becomes a decent member.

    LikesSnowflake liked this post
  20. Snowflake's Avatar

    Apparently Pixe, if you wanna submit games you need to send franny and jace dozens of harassing emails a day, and make dozens of posts tagging them both. Then after repeatedly disrespecting them, you'll get your way. Until then, no, you are not allowed to submit your games to a video game submission site because the resident harasser has truly bullied

    the word "bully" is thrown around a lot for any criticism. But when people are literally prevented from creating legit tracks and submittnig scores, wow, now THAT is a fair use of bully.

    not suprised, jjt was around during the days of corrupt refferres

    ThanksPixe Sukola thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us