"Super Mario: The Lost Levels" Bounty
Attention Super Mario players: Time for a new challenge! It is my great pleasure to announce that I have will be offering an additional bounty for 2004, featuring one of the toughest games in existence, "Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels" for SNES!
Up to $150.00 is up for grabs to the player that progresses the farthest into the game without warping! Should more than one person manage to accomplish a complete game, then the bounty will turn into a speed competition for complete games.
With all the success that people have had in speed-running so many games from the Mario series, I've been wondering what is possible to do with this one. For me, this was the best way I could think of to find out! This game may or may not be beatable, but it should be a whole lot of fun to see us try!
See below for the full details, and good luck to everyone!
Bounty: "Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels" for SNES
Goal: Fastest Total Completion OR Distance
Prize: $150.00 for a completed game OR $10.00 per world (ex: If the winner loses last life on World 8-2, that player completed 7 worlds for $70.00)
Deadline: December 31, 2004
Payable Date: January 31, 2005
- Try to play through every world (1-9, A-D) without warping
- 5 LIVES MAXIMUM (game ends when you lose your 5th life, regardless of lives remaining)
- Incomplete runs are accepted! If no one submits a complete game before the deadline, the winner will be the player that progressed the farthest into the game (partial stages included, down to frames, if necessary)
- If at least one complete run is submitted, the winner will be the player who completed the game the fastest
- For complete runs, timer begins the instant you hit the Start button on the title screen and stops the when you touch the golden axe in World D-4
- A NEW save file must be used
- Pick your favorite character between Mario and Luigi! Despite their different abilities, each will be treated equally
- Pipes may only be used when they are NECESSARY to complete a level
- No glitches may be used, such as wall-jumping or "hiding" from hammer brothers on the left side of the screen