Ragequit's Feed

Ragequit
06-23-2019 at 10:50 AM
18 Comments
Rate this Entry

WTH?!!

Guys is it just me or is this site worse than ever?! The recent comment section is all jumbled up, it's taking me a million years to type this cuz the text is delayed ! Everything just looks horrible and f***ed up!

ThanksILLSeaBass, starcrytas thanked this post
LikesMarcade, datagod, sevenup liked this post
Comments
  1. Snowflake's Avatar

    its mobile and desktop. yet again, an error that would've been found literally within 1 second of testing. further proving, no, programming does not test at all. any test would've automatically caught this in the proces. i tagged jace so hopefully he'll see

    just revert everything thats been done to this site in the past year

    i dont think jace realizes just how much the people he hired has been ripping him off since he left

    ThanksRagequit thanked this post
  2. GibGirl's Avatar

    Ok, there is *no excuse* for pushing an update like this to the site that's just so broken as to be nearly unusable. Whomever is doing the web development here is not someone that should continue to be doing so. Mistakes are allowable if they're being learned from, which is clearly not happening given how frequently updates break basic functionality.

    LikesSnowflake, Ragequit liked this post
  3. Jace Hall's Avatar

    No one pushed an update. The error was not caused by any change or alteration that was made. This error was generated at the Amazon Cloud level outside of our scope and has been resolved.

    ThanksRagequit, RTM thanked this post
    Likesdatagod, ILLSeaBass liked this post
  4. Snowflake's Avatar

    I see. Are you aware stuff like this has been happening at least once a month since you left?

  5. datagod's Avatar
    The architecture of the website must be quite complex for an AWS outage or configiration error to affect desktop and mobile vieual layouts while not impacting the mobile application.


    I am glad things are back to normal of course.
    LikesSnowflake, Ragequit, Blackflag82 liked this post
  6. Snowflake's Avatar

    also wondering why amazon cloud is taking down tg multiple times a month while being so reliable for everyone else...

    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    Likesdatagod, Blackflag82 liked this post
  7. Marcade's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by datagod
    The architecture of the website must be quite complex for an AWS outage or configiration error to affect desktop and mobile vieual layouts while not impacting the mobile application. I am glad things are back to normal of course.


    Vote DataGod for 2020 head of TG programming and anything IT related.


    Thanksdatagod thanked this post
    LikesSnowflake, datagod liked this post
  8. Ragequit's Avatar

    Well at least it's fixed now thanks for that...

  9. The Evener's Avatar

    LikesSnowflake, datagod liked this post
  10. Jace Hall's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    I see. Are you aware stuff like this has been happening at least once a month since you left?

    Are you talking about this particular error?

  11. Snowflake's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall


    Are you talking about this particular error?


    I'm talking about major bugs that can be found ilterally within seconds of testing, bug you'd find simply signing in that majorly interefer with use

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  12. Snowflake's Avatar

    site also regularly goes downs for minutes at a time. and no its not my internet as i check other sites just fine. i dont know if updates are put in at random times the moment an idea for a change comes up, or if theres just a bad connection on TGs end, but its really weird how often site is only down for a few minutes

    Likesdatagod liked this post
  13. Jace Hall's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake

    I'm talking about major bugs that can be found ilterally within seconds of testing, bug you'd find simply signing in that majorly interefer with use

    Well I can't speak to that. I was only addressing this last specific error, so when you implied that it happened all the time, I needed you to clarify.

  14. datagod's Avatar
    if we had a section in a forum that we could easily report our findings that would be helpful. I routinely find major problems with the mobile app trght after an upgrade. I dint want tk sound harsh but is id almost as if i am the only person to use the app.


    Does the programmer do any sort of regression testing?
  15. OOO's Avatar

    Hi @Jace Hall ,

    I hope you are well. The arcade games of the golden age gave birth to Twin Galaxies with the Scoreboard and is the critical foundation of the games being played today. The MGL has been promoting and supporting the golden age arcade video games, the gamers and Twin Galaxies in the World Championship of eSports for the last 2 years. Now in its 3rd year at Twin Galaxies, I'd like to ask you to please share my Facebook launch of MGLXL on your Twin Galaxies Facebook account, as was done previously by Michael Sroka. I am trying to attract as many gamers to Twin Galaxies to compete on the world stage. Could you please share the post with the competition trailer promoting the league and Twin Galaxies on the Twin Galaxies Facebook page? Here is the post ... https://www.facebook.com/paul.hornitzky/videos/1567423966728200/

    And as always, please accept this invitation to play in the current tournament ...

    Hi Twin Galaxies Member,

    You are invited to play in MGLXL, which starts on 28-June-19. This is the arcade gaming tournament for all levels of gamers to enjoy. It is free to play in this tournament. We are celebrating the 40th tournament in grand style, so there will be some nice prizes to be won. Just play your games in MAME on your PC, or on an arcade machine, and post your scores at twingalaxies.com in the game thread. If you play all of the games, you will be eligible for the mystery prize draw at the end of the tournament.

    Please watch the Launch Trailer for more information ...



    1. Games start by Friday 28-Jun-19.
    2. You can nominate up to 4 games you would like to play by 12 noon EDT (eg NY) Thursday 27-Jun-19. Just send a PM to OOO. Please note you do not need to nominate games to play in the MGL, you can play any time.
    3. The mystery prize is 4 x mystery prizes plus USD 100 cash.

    Please visit the tournament thread for more details … https://www.twingalaxies.com/ooo/wall/6824/mglxl-arcade-chalk

    I hope you can join us. Good gaming and good luck. If you have any questions, please just ask.



    Cheers
    OOO
  16. Max's Avatar

    @SincerelyFranny

    Tagging Franny just in case Jace doesn't readily see this.

    What a great zero cost promotion for TG.

    Please consider tagging this event on TG's facebook/twitter account.

    Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by OOO

    Hi @Jace Hall ,

    I hope you are well. The arcade games of the golden age gave birth to Twin Galaxies with the Scoreboard and is the critical foundation of the games being played today. The MGL has been promoting and supporting the golden age arcade video games, the gamers and Twin Galaxies in the World Championship of eSports for the last 2 years. Now in its 3rd year at Twin Galaxies, I'd like to ask you to please share my Facebook launch of MGLXL on your Twin Galaxies Facebook account, as was done previously by Michael Sroka. I am trying to attract as many gamers to Twin Galaxies to compete on the world stage. Could you please share the post with the competition trailer promoting the league and Twin Galaxies on the Twin Galaxies Facebook page? Here is the post ... https://www.facebook.com/paul.hornitzky/videos/1567423966728200/

    And as always, please accept this invitation to play in the current tournament ...

    Hi Twin Galaxies Member,

    You are invited to play in MGLXL, which starts on 28-June-19. This is the arcade gaming tournament for all levels of gamers to enjoy. It is free to play in this tournament. We are celebrating the 40th tournament in grand style, so there will be some nice prizes to be won. Just play your games in MAME on your PC, or on an arcade machine, and post your scores at twingalaxies.com in the game thread. If you play all of the games, you will be eligible for the mystery prize draw at the end of the tournament.

    Please watch the Launch Trailer for more information ...



    1. Games start by Friday 28-Jun-19.
    2. You can nominate up to 4 games you would like to play by 12 noon EDT (eg NY) Thursday 27-Jun-19. Just send a PM to OOO. Please note you do not need to nominate games to play in the MGL, you can play any time.
    3. The mystery prize is 4 x mystery prizes plus USD 100 cash.

    Please visit the tournament thread for more details … https://www.twingalaxies.com/ooo/wall/6824/mglxl-arcade-chalk

    I hope you can join us. Good gaming and good luck. If you have any questions, please just ask.



    Cheers
    OOO

    ThanksOOO thanked this post
    LikesThe Evener liked this post
  17. SincerelyFranny's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Max

    @SincerelyFranny

    Tagging Franny just in case Jace doesn't readily see this.

    What a great zero cost promotion for TG.

    Please consider tagging this event on TG's facebook/twitter account.

    Thank you



    Shared :)

    ThanksOOO thanked this post
    LikesThe Evener, Max, Barthax liked this post
Join us