Robbie Lakeman's Feed

Robbie Lakeman
09-07-2021 at 07:46 AM
98 Comments
Rate this Entry

Response to David Race’s Misinformation

I just wanted to clear a few things up about David Race’s recent post of misinformation. He always deletes my responses to his posts, so I decided to create my own regarding his recent claims about Billy's Perfect Pac-Man.

I cannot grasp that Race admits that Billy achieved a legitimate Perfect Pac-Man but questions the verification of it. Sort of shows where he’s at mentally these days, and clearly makes his terrible arguments out of sheer malice.

David is basically the new Dwayne, because his obsession with Billy combined with too much extra time on his hands has driven his mental state away from reality. Just like Dwayne thinking me taking a vacation to Florida was to film KOK2, David thought I made a video on Bills channel with his son narrating, but that is beyond ridiculous. I hope to clear things up with these actual facts that have been confirmed by several parties.

1. Ken Sweet was a Twin Galaxies employee. Walter Day, as the sole owner and authority of Twin Galaxies, allowed Ken Sweet and the Funspot staff to verify high-scores for Twin Galaxies, which included Billy's Perfect Score. Funspot hosted the premier arcade for gaming competition and the most credible staff in the world. Ken set-up the machine and kept it locked with his floorwalkers observing Billy's game. Even if Ken delegated observing the game to his floorwalker, Tom Fisher, who has a top-secret government clearance and worked on nuclear submarines, while he worked on other tasks away from the machine, that's irrelevant. Walter gave Ken the latitude to oversee the attempt as he saw fit. Funspot hosted the best arcade and most credible staff in the world. It would be ludicrous for anyone to question their integrity.

2. Walter Day watched the videotape afterward and confirmed the achievement (again) via videotape. In April 2018, Robert Mruzek, even with all of his animosity toward Billy, admitted that the videotape shows Billy inside Funspot exhausting all of his lives and hitting the score. I dislike and distrust Mruczek, but the anti-Billy crowd values his testiomy. Therefore, unless someone wants to question the legitimacy of Funspot and their hardware, Billy provided enough evidence to properly verify the score via videotape, even if someone tries to question the decisions and validity of the original live verification process by Ken Sweet.

3. David says that Billy was an "owner" and the "largest shareholder" of Twin Galaxies. David’s resources are false. Walter Day owned 100% of Twin Galaxies. Despite the myths started by The King of Kong and Dwayne, and perpetrated by the anti-Billy crowd, Billy neither owned Twin Galaxies, was a "shareholder," nor did he "invest" in the company.

4. Keep in mind that Billy saying that the Perfect Pac-Man score was adjudicated through live verification is irrelevant to number two. If someone against Billy wants to use (supposedly unaltered) videotapes to review his Donkey Kong scores, even though they were verified live, then they necessarily must consider it fair to confirm the Perfect Pac-Man through videotape by Walter and Robert Mruczek even if Ken Sweet and the Funspot staff verified the score live.

Fact: No matter how anyone views Ken Sweet delegating the observation part of the verification, Billy verifably achieved the First Perfect Score on Pac-Man through one of the two verification methods. Some just have a hard time seeing that as reality.

Somewhere out there, there’s an astronaut telling themselves “Neil Armstrong got there first, but I got there the fastest.”

ThanksStarWarsPart3 thanked this post
LikesStarWarsPart3 liked this post
Comments
  1. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp



    It was actually stupid of you to remove it.

    I didn’t remove the comment completely. You can still see it after Ben replied to it explaining how stupid it was to say something like that.

  2. kernzyp's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman


    I didn’t remove the comment completely. You can still see it after Ben replied to it explaining how stupid it was to say something like that.

    No. It's gone. Only evidence of it is from Glens response. Floundering?
  3. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp



    No. It's gone. Only evidence of it is from Glens response. Floundering?

    What about the evidence where Ben points out your conspiracy based science as being flawed? Unless you have a different opinion on what “Evidence” is.

  4. bensweeneyonbass's Avatar

    You literally said "what about"


    Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the explicit Whatabout phase. Nothing you say will matter. Let's all bail. This is embarrassing.

    Thankskernzyp thanked this post
    Likeskernzyp liked this post
  5. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass

    You literally said "what about"


    Ladies and gentlemen, we have entered the explicit Whatabout phase. Nothing you say will matter. Let's all bail. This is embarrassing.

    Why do you keep commenting then? There must be something wrong with you. God bless your special little soul.

    LikesStarWarsPart3 liked this post
  6. kernzyp's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman


    Why do you keep commenting then? There must be something wrong with you. God bless your special little soul.

    And for me?
  7. thegamer1185's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman


    Greg Norman won two majors, but I don’t expect much from the Soy and Estrogen community.

    I was more speaking on how close Greg Norman was to winning way, way more majors than he actually did. Yes, he did win two majors, but he also had way more chances at winning one than Dan did at a Super Bowl. Norman and Marino are two of the best to never "win" to what their abilities were. We can add Chris Paul to this list. He had some insane like 25 or 30 top 10 finishes or something, along with many 2nd place finishes.

    I hate Soy anything, and Estrogen doesn't apply to me. Unless you are confused as to the difference between males and females? Otherwise, your comment doesn't make sense to me, nor does it apply. I'm being friendly, I would say provide the evidence for your friend, instead of arguing against what we have all seen to be the contrary to his beliefs.

    Likeskernzyp liked this post
  8. kernzyp's Avatar

    Even though it's good fun to debate the highs and lows of sportsmen that I don't recognise other than those that were in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, one of the funniest movies, you can't derive the best from total wins, sometimes. Jimmy White was one of the most skilful snooker players since the 80's, never won the title until recently. He displayed more skill than almost all the winners. Maybe it's nerves...
    I'm the same.


  9. Ninglendo's Avatar

    Just my two cents here but the quarterback analogy is pretty weak. Mainly because football is a team game. If you are gonna go with a sports analogy I would go with an individual sport. I think the best comparison would be the "Fosbury Flop".

    ThanksRobbie Lakeman thanked this post
    LikesRobbie Lakeman liked this post
  10. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninglendo

    If you are gonna go with a sports analogy I would go with an individual sport. I think the best comparison would be the "Fosbury Flop".

    They already tried that by claiming a two time major winner in golf never won anything, because he got 2nd too many times.

  11. ersatz_cats's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman
    I don’t think Dan Marino ever took shortcuts with patterns and save states.

    Are you saying David Race took shortcuts and used save states on his arcade scores? That would be pretty impressive. Maybe he was playing on Chris Ayra's tricked out cabinet:

    Or are you saying that David used save states in the process of learning? If so, I hate to break it to you, your boy Billy was only too happy to rack advance up to whatever board he wanted to practice, on the machine his parents bought for his unlimited use.

    Very few players genuinely care about the purity of tedious game study in defiance of the tools and knowledge available today. Kudos to those who wish to do it "the hard way", but the whole topic is generally used as a bad faith bludgeon to diminish the hard work and accomplishments of others.

    Also, I've got bad news for you about players who got their start on MAME:

    https://web.archive.org/web/20131011063158/http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=366.0

    Not that I care, though. Why wouldn't you use MAME?


    Likeskernzyp liked this post
  12. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats


    Are you saying David Race took shortcuts and used save states on his arcade scores? That would be pretty impressive. Maybe he was playing on Chris Ayra's tricked out cabinet:

    Or are you saying that David used save states in the process of learning? If so, I hate to break it to you, your boy Billy was only too happy to rack advance up to whatever board he wanted to practice, on the machine his parents bought for his unlimited use.

    Very few players genuinely care about the purity of tedious game study in defiance of the tools and knowledge available today. Kudos to those who wish to do it "the hard way", but the whole topic is generally used as a bad faith bludgeon to diminish the hard work and accomplishments of others.

    Also, I've got bad news for you about players who got their start on MAME:

    https://web.archive.org/web/20131011063158/http://donkeykongforum.com/index.php?topic=366.0

    Not that I care, though. Why wouldn't you use MAME?


    By shortcuts, I really meant just running patterns, instead of free styling like Billy did. Back when players like him and Chris were going for perfect games, they didn’t want to just run patterns. Billy did it first By free styling, and Chris ended up using patterns on his first perfect game. David used those patterns later on his mission of being as famous as Billy for doing the same thing, but faster. Once that fell flat, he decided to become a bitter, angry old man who spends his days watching JihadWatch, and records every phone conversation. If he ever calls you, you have to be aware that he’s recording you, even if it’s against that law. He’s probably a paranoid schizophrenic, or something. Who knows.

  13. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ersatz_cats

    Not that I care, though. Why wouldn't you use MAME?


    Because companies like Nintendo don’t appreciate it. I know people here aren’t afraid to break laws and cry victim when they get sued, but that comes from the entitlement people like Wes brought into the scene.

    ThanksStarWarsPart3 thanked this post
    LikesStarWarsPart3 liked this post
  14. bensweeneyonbass's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman


    By shortcuts, I really meant just running patterns, instead of free styling like Billy did. Back when players like him and Chris were going for perfect games, they didn’t want to just run patterns. Billy did it first By free styling, and Chris ended up using patterns on his first perfect game. David used those patterns later on his mission of being as famous as Billy for doing the same thing, but faster. Once that fell flat, he decided to become a bitter, angry old man who spends his days watching JihadWatch, and records every phone conversation. If he ever calls you, you have to be aware that he’s recording you, even if it’s against that law. He’s probably a paranoid schizophrenic, or something. Who knows.

    You hate him this bad because he used patterns and you don’t think that was cool? Jesus kid.

    Likesersatz_cats liked this post
  15. kernzyp's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman


    By shortcuts, I really meant just running patterns, instead of free styling like Billy did. Back when players like him and Chris were going for perfect games, they didn’t want to just run patterns. Billy did it first By free styling, and Chris ended up using patterns on his first perfect game. David used those patterns later on his mission of being as famous as Billy for doing the same thing, but faster. Once that fell flat, he decided to become a bitter, angry old man who spends his days watching JihadWatch, and records every phone conversation. If he ever calls you, you have to be aware that he’s recording you, even if it’s against that law. He’s probably a paranoid schizophrenic, or something. Who knows.

    You are sick. Pointing at the non lepers.
  16. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass


    You hate him this bad because he used patterns and you don’t think that was cool? Jesus kid.

    When did I ever say I hated him? I know naturally that you’re a hateful person, but there’s no need to use that to put words in my mouth.

  17. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by kernzyp



    You are sick. Pointing at the non lepers.

    And you’re an idiot who tried to bring flat earth nonsense into a thread about Pac Man.

    ThanksStarWarsPart3 thanked this post
  18. Robbie Lakeman's Avatar

    I could pull a Wes Copeland and just cry harassment until the thread gets shut down, but deleting Kernzy’s hateful name calling is way more fun. It truly bothers him.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Join us