Crazy Taxi - "Crazy Bounties"

1. Crazy Taxi - "Crazy Bounties"

05-09-2003, 10:16 PM
    Hello fellow cabbies:

For those of you who still play and enjoy the "Crazy Taxi" series for the Sega Dreamcast and Sony PS2 (for "CT1" and "CT2")...have I got a surprise for you !!

Dust off your CDs because starting in Summer 2003 there is going to be five (5) "Crazy Bounties" to shoot for. The details will soon be revealed and there will be moderate cash prizes for each, probably $75 or $100 each.

I will personally alert all previous "Crazy Taxi" competitors that I can as to the existance of these "Crazy Bounties" once they are officially posted to the site. And here is the best part...there will be NO DEADLINE for this special promotion !! In other words, if someone a week from the announcement, a month, even two years, becomes the first person to claim a bounty, then so be it, and they win the prize. That's because the prizes are coming out of my own pocket. So, that being the case, they won't be impossible, but they certainly won't be easy to achieve.

And of course, even gamers who did not previously compete in the summer 2001 "Crazy Taxi" competitions shall be eligible to claim a bounty, void where prohibitted by law, of course (there, I said the legal mumbo jumbo).

That being the case, I will probably have the announcement posted within 2-4 weeks (maybe less) once I make the final determinations and draft the specific verbiage so that there are no mistakes on any count.

So...start practicing "CT1" and "CT2" again because soon the "Bounties" will be posted !!

Robert
  2. Crazi Taxi be back

05-10-2003, 02:53 PM
    Hello Robert

GREAT....... I am "very crazy" to play Crazy T?xi again , it was really a super world championship and I believe that all will play again.

LONG LIFE TO CRAZY T?XI

Rodrigo Lopes
    Metroid Team Member
    Crazy Taxi 2 and wacky Races World Champion
    rodrigolopes@terra.com.br
  3. Special Rules to Come

05-12-2003, 02:16 PM
    Hello Rodrigo:

The rules for these special "bounties" will be posted within a month.

These will be SPECIAL rules, mind you, very strict in nature. One special rule, perhaps the most important one, will affect CT1 and CT2 only, and will have to do with the display of the speedometer, for example.

No need to get into specifics just yet...I will be posting this within early June and will personally alert all previous competitors that I can still contact as to these "bounties" once the rules are established and the formal announcement is made.

Until then, I'd just practice doing the usual maneuvers (jumps, drifts, hops, etc) for when the time comes.

Robert
  4. Crazy Party

05-13-2003, 02:29 AM
    May I suggest that one of the bounties be the completion of Crazy Party in under a minute? I've always maintained that this is possible, and now with the introduction of a little financial reward It will be interesting to see who accomplishes this first

Morri
  5. Suggestion Noted

05-13-2003, 02:34 PM
    Hello Stuart:

I already have the five items suggested. I am all-too aware that Rodrigo is at 1:00.75 in this event, by the way. That was one heck of a run to watch.

Just curious...do you have CT3 for the Xbox out there ? Not even sure if this is available in PAL of not. That one is a lot of fun. The bowling event is my current stumbling block, but as time permits I am trying.

Robert
  6. CT3

05-14-2003, 01:14 AM
    Yeah, we have CT3 but I have yet to pick up a copy. Far to many other things to play at the moment. I didn't really like CT2 you know and for me to compete I must love the game, otherwise all those restarts in pursuit of the perfect record would most probably drive me completly insane!

As It happens I'm putting a tape together at the moment for inclusion into the book of records. It will contain records on

Street Fighter Alpha
    Street Fighter Alpha 2
    Street Fighter Alpha 3
    Tekken 2 Time attack
    Tekken 3 Time attack
    Porche Challenge
    G Darius
    Raystorm
    SSX Tricky

Who should I send this to?

Also have you heard anything from Laurent on the tapes I sent for the Ace Combat 04 championships?

All the best m8

Morri
  7. Tapes & Laurent

05-14-2003, 03:16 PM
    Hello Stuart:

1st - send the tape(s) to either myself of Wolff Morrow for verification.

2nd - Wolff may know the status of the final verifications on AC04

3rd - as for CT3, do let me know when you get it...there will be another CT competition, including "bounties" for the series, this summer.

Robert
  8. Crazy Bounties - Announcement REAL SOON !!

05-25-2003, 05:38 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

As early as tomorrow I will be working up the special rules on the previously announced "Crazy Bounties". Since the prizes will be coming courtesy of yours truly, I want to make sure that I am very specific in what the rules are...not to prevent someone from getting the prizes, mind you, but to ensure a fair competition for all.

As soon as Walter returns from his business trip, I will have the contest rules posted prominently on the TG front page.

After discussion with fellow senior TG referee Ron Corcoran, I have decided that perhaps I should not be including the PC version in this mix. Home consoles share the same hardware considerations, while PCs do not. For sake of purity, I will allow the competition open to only home console submissions and not for PC submission or emulator submission. I hope all gamers understand this decision.

Now then, I would ask that all Dreamcast, PS2 and Xbox "Crazy Taxi" players gear up for what's ahead. It promises to be special. I am hoping that for June 1st, possibly prior, the announcement will officially be posted along with all the rules.

I have already chosen what the bounties will be, and what they will be for. What I would advise gamers on is NOT to start playing in anticipation of the competition as the rules will be quite specific, so please wait until they are posted...and then the contest can begin !!

Robert
  9. Crazy Bounties

05-29-2003, 11:35 AM
    Hello Robert!
    Is an honor to come back to the forum of twingalaxies, Robert!
    I want to inform that I will participate of the challenge of the Crazy Taxi, as well as the other members of the Metroid Team. As the Morrison, also it would like that the Crazy Party was selected. In my opinion, it is enters the best challenges of this game, beyond that the "Party" already is part of my name. With the current record of 1:00:75 through its suggestion, now I sign Cristiano "Party" of Assump??o. Now I will make the possible to make below of 1:00:00.
    Greetings to all of the Twingalaxies family!
    Cristiano "Party" de Assump??o
    Metroid Team Member - Brazil
  10. 05-29-2003, 12:24 PM
    Robert:

Do you want me to create a new Forum for this event when your ready to launch?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us