Pacman, Donkey Kong & Q*Bert

1. Pacman, Donkey Kong & Q*Bert

05-25-2003, 08:28 PM
    Hello all:

A few days back I passed by my favourite vintage gaming store in Manhattan...actually, probably the only one in Manhattan...and decided to look at the games in the glass display cabinet.

Normally I pass on the cabinet as they are all hand held for the most part, but I thought I'd take a peek. I saw the three games listed in this thread title, and they had some truly hefty sticker prices. Pacman and DK were $99.95 and Q*Bert was $149.95 !!

These were not the run of the mill hand-held games. They looked like the official ones released years back. And they were not small, either...definitely not the kind you can hold in your hands, but rather big enough that required a desktop surface.

Is it just NYC, or are these normally that expensive ? I liked the way the Q*Bert looked and was contemplating buying it if it was $75 or less, but then saw that price tag and said "Yeah...right" and passed on the thought.

Just curious.

Robert
  2. 05-25-2003, 08:49 PM
    I've seen these go for ~ $50 on ebay and have seen them locally ranging from $50 - $75. I'd say it's a NY thing.... :wink:
  3. 08-29-2003, 08:21 AM
    I once had a Pac-Man watch/game which had a slot to stick a tiny plastic jobstick into it to play (if only I had paid attention in school) :?:

- Tim B.
  4. 01-11-2004, 08:19 AM
    RMRUCZEK,

To add what others have said in this thread I think it also depends on the condition of the game. I have seen them go for around $150 on ebay if they are new in box. I have been wanting to pick those mini arcade table tops you are talking about, but they are low on my priority list for now. The tabletops you saw are also fairly common on ebay.
Join us