AD - Last Day Wishes

1. AD - Last Day Wishes

06-30-2003, 05:13 PM
    Hello to all my fellow AD competitors !!

This one surely has been a lot of fun, you have to admit. I personally liked competing on the eclectic (and random) array of titles, regardless of how I finish when it's all said and done.

(Memo to self...start practicing more at the games I have thus far avoided like the plague...you never know when one will be chosen !!)

Thank you, Ron, for running a fair and challenging competition from the get-go !! I look foward to AD2.

Robert
  2. Thanks

06-30-2003, 07:30 PM
    Yea. Thanks Ron. This contest has taken WAY too much time of my life over the last 6 months. And unfortunatly WAY less time that I had hoped to spend on it. I'm with Robert as to the game mix. It forced me to play GnG and Rygar which is NEVER a game I would have even considered playing before. I don't think I've ever been so frustrated as I have with Lode Runner. I used to play that game all the time (on the Apple) and know how to finish every level. But I have to go and try to be greedy...and lose that one life were allowed.

I can't wait to get back to some of the games I have had to drop from playing to play in the ADECA. Crazy Balloon is something I MUST get back to.
    Gregory S. Erway

#1 Tapper TGTS 3,162,125 05Jun05 (Guiness 2007 score)
    #1 Rootbeer Tapper TGMS 1,959,200 28Jul86
    #1 Wild Western 826,900 07Jun04
    #1 Pepper II 917,540 11Mar07 (over 1mil now...on tape)
    D2K progress: 199,700 L5 100m (board 36)
  3. Re: Thanks

06-30-2003, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by awesome
    But I have to go and try to be greedy...and lose that one life were allowed.
    Ahhh, greed... my arch-nemesis. :lol:
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  4. 07-01-2003, 06:52 AM
    AD was the best Deca Ive palyed in - my $0.02 :)

Great job again Ron.
    Goochman
    TG Senior Adviser Atari 800/XL/XE '03-'08
    TG Colecovision/Intellivision Referee '98-'03
  5. 07-01-2003, 07:53 AM
    I appreciate the kind words everyone, but the real heroes are the referees and players. Without these folks, I'd be out of a job... :)

Seriously though. I cannot thank Jeff and the referees enough for their tireless efforts and dedication. Without you guys, this would not have been possible. THANK YOU!
  6. 07-01-2003, 07:35 PM
    Yes indeed, this has been a great contest...despite the fact that I am again a bottom feeder. And this year I was near the bottom TWICE :?

As usual I'm awed by the level of play I've seen here, and I'm sure the judges were awed by the level of ineptitude I displayed in my playing.

Especially the 4 judges who saw what I sent in yesterday...absolutely horrid stuff there.

:oops: :oops:

Congrats to everyone...can't wait to do it all again very soon.
  7. 07-03-2003, 12:41 AM
    Thanks to Ron, Jeff & all the referees for making it possible.

I have to admit, I almost gave up on the Advanced Deca during the month of April. I had a few attempts at Mappy & Timber early in the month & it's no reflection on them. Real life took over my spare time. :( Didn't get the chance to improve on my early Timber score, even in June, but my Mappy score improved significantly by the end.

Lode Runner was a real frustration. :)

Great fun all round for me, well except for Rygar & Ghouls 'n Ghosts. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Join us