Deca2k4 & AD2k4 Idea repository

1. 07-12-2003, 08:19 PM
    My opinions...

Original Deca - too long (much too long) 3-4months max.

As to games, I will participate if I like the games... I suppose more people feel like that - so popular games are inevitable...
    10 "forgotten" games is not that good idea.

Games like gng - in AD2003 - I hate it. I hate the settings - (death, satan, loki,...) - I hate horrors. Won't play in any more Deca if it has such title. sorry.

Games should represent a large variety of games... platform, shooters, racing,...

AD - much interesting that the original.

No 24h rule - no sense - no way to check it.
  2. 07-12-2003, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RCorcoran
    Here's something to think about...

How about running several concurrent Deca's? Players would only be allowed to participate in ONE.
    Nah.. now don't get me wrong Ron, it works...but I'd get all twitchy.. and some others probably would as well... what if 2 decas run at the same time and both have games you love! Sure you'd have to choose.. but it'd just make it harder... in some occasions it may be really easy though...

I figure, the 2 a year for 3 months each works... gives a 3 month break between decas... chance to discuss... to vote.. to tweak..

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  3. An All B&W Deca ???

07-13-2003, 07:46 AM
    Hello all:

One of the ideas I discussed with Ron several days or maybe weeks back was perhaps a B&W deca comprised of (voted upon) titles such as the expected, like "Space Invaders" and "Asteroids" (if they made the cut), and perhaps some seldom contested but decent titles like "Canyon Bomber", "Depth Charge", "Night Driver" and "Rip Off"...and maybe even "Omega Race" if you want a "monochrome" Deca which includes any 2-colour only titles, and "OR" certainly fits the bill for that one.

Well, how does a BW Deca grab you ? Just trying to get all the ideas on the table.

Robert
  4. Re: RE

07-13-2003, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QRS1
    There are 2000 uniqe games in Mame! Come one! there are a lot of great games for at least 100 years to come :) Even if you use only 1000 of those games j/k :)
    Camel Try would be an excellent game for a Deca. :P
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  5. 07-14-2003, 03:03 AM
    What about Marble Madness and Puzzle Bobble?

Marble Madness has been in an earlier competition I think but in older versions of MAME (pre version 36 I think and definitely in Mame35tg) the inertia control of the marble is very poor compared to newer versions. So I think this game should be allowed back in IMO.

Puzzle Bobble has been in the voting a couple of times too but disallowed for playbackability reasons. However, there is no problem playing back in newer MAME versions I believe, so this game should be allowed now IMO as well.

And about BombJack Twin? Or is that too close to Bombjack which was in the Deca a couple of years back?

Gaz :).
  6. 07-14-2003, 10:10 AM
    3 months max - more than enough time

2 year wait period for a game to return

10 games is fine - I like the lottery idea to give some games a 'chance' of getting in - Maybe add an 11th wild card that can substitute for any other title

Id also like to see a MAME/Console event where you will play the arcade and console portof a game - say Missile Command and 2600 Missile Command - your score % will be a combination of the 2 - A Biathalon so to speak :)
    Goochman
    TG Senior Adviser Atari 800/XL/XE '03-'08
    TG Colecovision/Intellivision Referee '98-'03
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us