Is Nintendo Playing the Wrong Game? (Business 2.0)

  1. 02-18-2021, 11:57 PM
    I'd also like to add, Nintendo was doing just fine with the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo DS/3DS consoles. BTW, go ahead and take a look at the top 50 most game copies sold. Nintendo holds the top 15 spots for games released for an individual console, and hold about 25 of the top 50 positions. Most of the other games on the list were released over multiple platforms which is why they go so high. Just to give you a sense of how many are "kids games" here is some of the list. Wii Sports, Pokemon Red/Blue, Wii Fit, Tetris, Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Sports Resort, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, New Super Mario Bros, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Pokemon Gold, Duck Hunt, Wii Play, Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Diamond. The ONLY reason sales dipped is because of the Nintendo Wii U and it's lack of quality games and the 3DS was on it's last leg. Nintendo is doing just fine, and the Switch seems to be selling very well during this COVID season.

    Xbox's top solo game is Kinect Adventures...a "kid" game. Looks like Nintendo is actually on to something, haha.
  2. 02-19-2021, 12:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juliadavid View Post
    Why Xbox's market share is very low compare to PlayStation?
    I'm about to buy "Xbox series X" through GoodOffer24 Coupons.
    Likely because this thread is 18 years old. Nintendo has come back and taken a majority market share with their Switch.

    Another example of an old message thread that highlights an article that didn't age well ... and I am betting that neither will your spammy post with the ad.

    Name:  Screenshot_20210219-031432_Google.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  585.1 KB
    Last edited by Garrett Holland; 02-19-2021 at 12:19 AM.
    Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  3. 02-19-2021, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Likely because this thread is 18 years old. Nintendo has come back and taken a majority market share with their Switch.

    Another example of an old message thread that highlights an article that didn't age well ... and I am betting that neither will your spammy post with the ad.

    Name:  Screenshot_20210219-031432_Google.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  585.1 KB
    So does this mean that the gaming industry is dead?! I mean, if Nintendo is failing having 60% of video game console sales, WTF is Sony and Microsoft going to do splitting the other 40%?
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 02-19-2021, 12:05 PM
    yay necroing

    something those of us who lived it may remember that retro players missed is yeah n64 and to some degree gamecube sucked, sure they had a few amazing games, but they didnt have the boat loads of average to above average games you need for a current system to survive. you know the games that dont go down in history as classics but are alot of fun while new. however, its also easy to forget how dominant the gameboy and its sequels were and to some degree still are. so even when nintendo was slipping with home consoles it was still dominating with portables. nintendo's been around over a 100 years constantly adapting to the modern environment. it may falter in one area (consoles) while dominating another (handhelds) but it always comes out on top. who knows, maybe it'll leave video games altogether at some point, but if it does, i'm sure it will be to move on and dominate at something else
    Lode Runner Champion
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us