Post your personal Progress Reports!

1. Post your personal Progress Reports!

01-23-2004, 09:38 AM
    Don't know if this will catch on but it's worth a try.

Just post which games your trying to get bounties on and what your current progress with the game is. This topic is also a good way to see who's going after what and perhaps we can get a little competitive blood mixing around. :D

As for myself...

Blaster Master

-I can beat the game but I'm still having some difficulties with some of the bosses, namely the crab. Once I get everything sorted I expect this game to be beaten in around 30-45 minutes (my estimation may be off but meh).

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

-I have to borrow the system from one friend and the game from another but at least I can participate in this.:)

I'm taking things one level at a time and trying to perfect my game in 10 level increments. I've just finished studying the first 10 levels and I eagerly await working on levels 11-20. Currently I can easily make it through levels 1-10 with all victims saved, maximum lives aquired and approx. 115,000 points (well stocked on ammo and supplies...also having full health and approx. 10 first aid kits to spare). Overall I'm pleased although it's still only the beginning.
  2. 01-23-2004, 01:09 PM
    Blaster Master

I am at the point where I can do EVERYTHING perfectly up to the last boss. I have made it to the final boss 5 times (more or less) now. Each time I loose all my initial lives to him. I do at least 1 run a day. It takes about 1 and a half hours to get to the area 8 boss. Yes 19Duke84, Your estimation is WAY off. I hit the 1 hour mark just after the area 6 boss.

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

I'm trying to get the skill back that I had several years ago. It is coming back at a slugish pace. I seem to incapable of getting past level 20 :roll: .
  3. 01-23-2004, 04:32 PM
    i have been working on the Diddy kong racing bounty, and man it is hard, i can pull of a 1:03 lap at best. how did that guy do it?
  4. 01-23-2004, 07:16 PM
    [quote="Krayd"]Blaster Master

I am at the point where I can do EVERYTHING perfectly up to the last boss. I have made it to the final boss 5 times (more or less) now. Each time I loose all my initial lives to him. I do at least 1 run a day. It takes about 1 and a half hours to get to the area 8 boss. Yes 19Duke84, Your estimation is WAY off. I hit the 1 hour mark just after the area 6 boss.

Meh it was an early estimation. I only said it because on my last run I beat the area 3 boss at around the 10-12 minute mark and I didn't recall any one area to be all that long...however I'm still far from anything resembling a speed run past area 3. :P I'd much rather underestimate than overestimate anyways.:-p
  5. 01-23-2004, 08:49 PM
    Area 5 and 6 are much bigger, 7 is huge, and 8 is about the same length as 6 but you must take it slowly to avoid certain doom. So far I can clock some of my times as estimates:

Defeat of boss 1; 2 min 30 sec.
    Defeat of boss 2; around 8 min.
    Defeat of boss 3; around 13 min.
    Defeat of boss 4; around 20 min.
    Defeat of boss 5; 30-34 min.
    Defeat of boss 6; 1:00 (you have to take the long way back up area 5 just to get to area 6)
    Defeat of boss 7; 1:15
    Encounter of boss 8; 1:30

I'm devoting Sunday to completing the bounty, since I will be at a Magic tournement tomorrow.
  6. 01-24-2004, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by conspiracy_steve_885900
    i have been working on the Diddy kong racing bounty, and man it is hard, i can pull of a 1:03 lap at best. how did that guy do it?
    i didnt notice my mistake untill now, but i ment to say i can pull a 1:03 all together and a lap of 21 seconds, sorry for the confusion, anyone can get a lap of less than 1:03!
  7. 01-25-2004, 02:11 AM
    Hi there!

I can score around 500 points in Odyssey 2 Ufo now. I'll get my other Odyssey 2 from my parents house next week.

This is modded to use Atari Joysticks. As I'm left-handed I'm sure I'll get better scores with Atari Joysticks.

Greetings,
    Manuel
  8. 01-25-2004, 09:15 PM
    I picked up on previous attempts at maxing Barrier (presumably this is what it does at 999), beating my PB to 394. I guess I'm one for the weird games 'cause I kinda like it!

As for Spectar - it's part of the Deca & my (lack of) skills show there. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  9. 01-25-2004, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax
    I picked up on previous attempts at maxing Barrier (presumably this is what it does at 999), beating my PB to 394. I guess I'm one for the weird games 'cause I kinda like it!

As for Spectar - it's part of the Deca & my (lack of) skills show there. :)
    Barrier doesn't stop at 999, it keeps going (doesn't roll over). I doubt I'll be taking the bounty though. :?
  10. Wow !!

01-28-2004, 09:19 PM
    Hello JoeyL21988:

Had no clue that Barrier keeps going. Amazing, especially in that some players will never ever get past a few hundred, let alone 999 !!

I am working on a "benchmark" for the "Super Smash TV" challenge...my score does not count, but it at least gives players something to compare against. I was past 235K at last count.

As for "Spectar", the 100K may actually fall before the deca. Donald Hayes and Dave Nelson from NH are consistently pulling off many 60-70K games, and David & also Adam Wood have unofficially cracked 80K.

The highest anyone has ever seen was 103-105K, but never verified.

As for UFO, that's a tough game. You can be on a roll and then get caught due to too many rocks nipping at your shield, and considering the poorly rendered graphics, that's a problem.

KC Munchkin may fall...if the dots don't go thru your KC or thru walls that is when you play past the 2K mark !!

Good luck one and all !!

Robert
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Join us