Congrats to Rafal and Donald

1. Congrats to Rafal and Donald

03-31-2004, 03:46 AM
    Congratulations to our two top players for this years Deca. I'll be rounding out the top 3 (unless something major happens).

I've done nothing but play for the past few days and was plannning to do the same today but I realized that in the end there's no point in killing myself like this at the very end. It's become more of a chore than anything else. Trying to learn too many games at the last second is just painfull. The idea is to have fun right? Well I did, and i'm going to leave it at that.

I submitted some quick scores for what I had left which puts me around 600 points. Looking foward to the advanced Deca later this year. Hopefully i'll have learned my lesson in not putting things off this time. Ha, I just noticed that "The_Pro" could be short for "The_Procrastinator", how fitting :wink: .

So congrats again on the great scores, hope to see you at the advanced Deca.

P.S. I never want to play bagman again...ever!
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  2. 03-31-2004, 05:11 AM
    Congrats to you Martin too.

Excelent scores on Mappy and Galaxian.
  3. Almost Over !!

03-31-2004, 01:10 PM
    Hello fellow Deca competitors:

This was an exciting run, all the way up to the very last day, and the fun still continues as a few hours remain. Anything can happen, and considering the calibre of the top players, that's a fair statement.

Well, when the dust settles and the final announcements are made, Brien and I will take out a notice as to when the "Advanced Deca" should be held. The originally intended idea was to stagger the two events so that at least something is going on year-round. However, that decision was made without consulting the players, so when the current deca ends, we'll take a poll.

Robert
  4. 03-31-2004, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by destructor@HotTeam.pl
    Hmm, does that mean you've gotten first place for Wizard of Wor? :wink:

I'm honestly surprised no one came closer to me on WoW considering how long my inp was up. Different people have different skills I guess.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  5. 03-31-2004, 06:19 PM
    Thanks Martin! And congratulations to the new Deca champion, Destructor!

P.S. I never want to play bagman again...ever!
    Now you know how I feel about Ghosts and Goblins :)
  6. 03-31-2004, 06:57 PM
    Congrats on the top guys. I got really busy in the past couple of weeks, and couldn't get myself into the mood to record my games. And in the last hour, there's no way I'm going to burden the already stressed judges with my horrible scores, just to say I qualified...

Oh well, there's always next year...and the advanced deca ;)
  7. 03-31-2004, 11:20 PM
    [quote=The_Pro]
    Quote Originally Posted by "destructor@HotTeam.pl":ydll1mnh
    Hmm, does that mean you've gotten first place for Wizard of Wor? :wink:

I'm honestly surprised no one came closer to me on WoW considering how long my inp was up. Different people have different skills I guess.[/quote:ydll1mnh]

Wow isn't hard for me but there is needed a bit of luck :wink:
  8. 04-01-2004, 09:30 AM
    Congratulations to the top scorers. Good to see such a "poor player" win. :D I never doubted you'd be good contender destructor.

Congratulations to all the competitors too - it was good fun for me with a lot of see-sawing in those positions not at the top.

Many thanks to Ron, Brien & the referees for getting and keeping this all running tickety-boo. :)

Please, please no other marathon games though - keep these to an "Endurance Deca"!! Bagman did me in. To play for two hours only to die a hairs breadth short of a PB is not fun when it happens many times over & my scores were no where near the top! I kept falling half asleep... :( Keep 'em short & fun.

More tips too - share the knowledge as it makes the competition better (even if I didn't do too well at Galaxian). :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  9. 04-01-2004, 11:50 AM
    Congrats!!! Rafal, nice style of play on mappy and good score. Martin, I didn't see your game (however excellent score) both you guys put up very good scores on the games AS WELL AS OTHER PLAYERS DID.

Take care Greg Bond
    Mappy Champ
  10. All In ?

04-02-2004, 03:03 PM
    Hello all:

Are the final scores updated yet ?

Robert
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us