Arcade bounties and their ROM titles

1. Arcade bounties and their ROM titles

09-14-2004, 10:52 AM
    I apologize for the need to ask this. For those of us who may not have one of those neato package deals where you get MAME with all eight billion games for it, what are the titles of the ROMS featured in the bounties? (Like Leprechaun would be \"leprechn.\") They are named in the monthly challenges, but not here. Specifically, I am looking for Super Cobra, Super Missile Attack, and Canyon Bomber.

(By the way, I did finally get Mr. Do's Wild Ride working.)
    Douglas Loyd
    Perfect Pac-Man (MAME, 5/16/09)
  2. Re: Arcade bounties and their ROM titles

09-14-2004, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfevr76
    I apologize for the need to ask this. For those of us who may not have one of those neato package deals where you get MAME with all eight billion games for it, what are the titles of the ROMS featured in the bounties? (Like Leprechaun would be "leprechn.") They are named in the monthly challenges, but not here. Specifically, I am looking for Super Cobra, Super Missile Attack, and Canyon Bomber.

(By the way, I did finally get Mr. Do's Wild Ride working.)
    Just start wolfmame and check to the right of the game you are playing. For example Ghost's and goblins (us) is called "gng.zip"

Super cobra (parent set) is called "scobra" etc. Mark Longridge's policy has been to use the parent set as the official TG romset, not the clones. In some cases he has used the hardest romsset though, as the parent might be easier/harder to play back correctly etc. Best thing is to ask to be sure :)

So.. it's all in wolfmame! If you use the gui version that is :)
  3. 09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
    If you have the MAME32 executable, then run the MAME32 binary & show all games (top most selection on the left). Scroll down the middle pane to find the name of the game you are after & highlight the line. Scroll that middle pane across to the right & you will find the ROM set name.

If you have the MAME command-line executable, run the command line:

mame.exe -listfull >listgames.txt

The file listgames.txt will then contain every game supported along with it's full name - find the name you're after & you'll find the ROM set.

As for which ROM set is most appropriate for each game, in the past the \"parent\" set is typically the set used by TG - though naturally the specifics for the bounties are at Robert's discretion. :) The parent ROM sets are typically those that most represent the full name of the game, so for Canyon Bomber, the options are canyon & canyonp - canyon is the parent. In MAME32, it's somewhat easier to spot - it's the one without any indent. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 09-14-2004, 11:50 AM
    LOL, I guess I started typing just before QRS posted! :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 09-14-2004, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax
    LOL, I guess I started typing just before QRS posted! :D
    Nahh.. you are just a copycat! j/k :)

QRS
Join us