Paul Dean's Spy Hunter score has been re-accepted!?

1. Agreed

05-26-2004, 05:06 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

The problem here is that a TG referee (myself) jumped the gun on revealing a score reinstatement. Fact remains, we so rarely since I've been on board had any that I did not wait for a final thumbs up from Mr Walter Day before sharing news of the change in status. Had I done so, the score would not have been on the TG database (again) and no problems would exist.

I will not shirk from my responsibility here. The damage was done, and I am fully to blame. My apologies to all, especially Mark Little and also Paul Dean for having them come into the limelight in this fashion.

Robert
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 01-22-2021, 11:48 AM
    Then upload it to Twin Galaxies to @Jace Hall The owner of Twin Galaxies and to @admin staff
    Or you put it on your Wall on Twin Galaxies for all Twin Galaxies members to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by mandm785@juno.com View Post
    Hello All,
    Last night I performed a little known trick on my Spy Hunter, and my machine is well over 5 million points and counting as I write this. I have this on tape, and would like everybody to know that there are other ways to get huge scores on Spy Hunter, and they should be banned. I never seen or heard this trick talked about, so referees need to know and consider this. Again I have this on video as PROOF.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 01-22-2021, 11:54 AM
    Questions
    1. What is the highest video recorded Paul Dean on the classic arcade game Spy Hunter score?

Quote Originally Posted by Defenderman View Post
    There is usually many reasons for a removed score to be re-accepted.

One of reasons for Paul's Spy Hunter case is because of the Arcade Referee making a verification error which at first appears the video tape had a banned glitch performed, when in fact the player was very close to accidentally performing that glitch.

Another reason is because Paul actually performed his high score again, only this time, he did it without using any of the cheat codes or glitches that plagued his initial run.

Those are some of the reasons for a removed score to be re-accepted.

However, I wish that Twin Galaxies would let it's users view the tape to prove that he didn't use any cheat and/or glitches.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 03-23-2021, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    Then upload it to Twin Galaxies to @Jace Hall The owner of Twin Galaxies and to @admin staff
    Or you put it on your Wall on Twin Galaxies for all Twin Galaxies members to see.
    You are replying to a post that is almost 20 years old...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us