Paul Dean's Spy Hunter score has been re-accepted!?

1. Paul Dean's Spy Hunter score has been re-accepted!?

05-24-2004, 01:27 PM
    Hello all,
    I can't believe I'm the one who is announcing this... Paul Dean's score for Spy Hunter has been re-accepted by Twin Galaxies. I love how this one was swept under the carpet last week, with no-one saying boo about this. I personally believe this is Bull****. How can you re-instate a score that was removed? I PERSONALLY want to see PROOF, that this score was sustained, legally. I can believe someone could beat my score, but by 10 times? I want to challenge this score, and hope Paul is ready to defend it. If he does not, his score should not be valid. I know there is a 100% policy, but heck I'd settle for 75%. I think I have some pretty good ideas about how this score came to be, and I will be doing some research on my end. I have gone through all the verification processes, and have my own video of it, I even showed up at Phillyclassic. I can back my score up, can Paul?
    Mark Little
    Spy Hunter arcade world record
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-24-2004, 02:44 PM
    There is usually many reasons for a removed score to be re-accepted.

One of reasons for Paul's Spy Hunter case is because of the Arcade Referee making a verification error which at first appears the video tape had a banned glitch performed, when in fact the player was very close to accidentally performing that glitch.

Another reason is because Paul actually performed his high score again, only this time, he did it without using any of the cheat codes or glitches that plagued his initial run.

Those are some of the reasons for a removed score to be re-accepted.

However, I wish that Twin Galaxies would let it's users view the tape to prove that he didn't use any cheat and/or glitches.
  3. 05-25-2004, 02:05 AM
    Hello All,
    Last night I performed a little known trick on my Spy Hunter, and my machine is well over 5 million points and counting as I write this. I have this on tape, and would like everybody to know that there are other ways to get huge scores on Spy Hunter, and they should be banned. I never seen or heard this trick talked about, so referees need to know and consider this. Again I have this on video as PROOF.
    Mark Little
    Spy Hunter arcade world record
  4. 05-25-2004, 05:15 AM
    There's currently a 16 message thread over at www.funspotnh.com on the re-instatement of the record.
  5. Decision is Made By only me and There IS More research to Do

05-25-2004, 09:27 AM
    SpyHunter?? Still more phone calls required -- and one more interesting conference call placed before this is decided either way. This was announced by Mark Alpiger not Twin Galaxies. I didn't tell Robert Mruczek I was unfinished with my research and my decision and he mentioned it to Mark Alpiger - who wanted a newshook in order to increase web traffic at his site.

So, we will see what these remaining phone calls bring to the surface.

Walter Day
  6. Re: Decision is Made By only me and There IS More research t

05-25-2004, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterDay
    This was announced by Mark Alpiger not Twin Galaxies.
    Uh...it was also announced on the page of a Twin Galaxies referee.

And put back on the Twin Galaxies scoreboard on this site for the world to see if they bothered to look.
  7. 05-25-2004, 12:37 PM
    http://www.funspotnh.com/discus/message ... 1085411949
    Here is the direct link to the thread on Funspot
  8. Spy Hunter

05-25-2004, 01:28 PM
    Let me just make a comment of remarks.

I posted news about Paul Dean's score prematurely because I went with my gut instincts on it. When I looked at Paul Dean's web site it appeared to me that he supplied sufficient details to convince me that the score was genuine, however I was not present when Paul Dean got his record. My confidence was based on the email messages I received from Jeff Peters who _has_ seen Paul Dean play.

Let me also say that it will ultimately be up to Walter to come to a decision on the matter. After all, Twin Galaxies is his creation and it's his name on the front of the book. I'll abide by Walter's decision.

Really _I_ can't be 100% positive unless I'm right there watching the player, but like many players I like to express my 2 cents.

Mark Longridge
  9. Re: Spy Hunter

05-25-2004, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeman
    Let me just make a comment of remarks.

I posted news about Paul Dean's score prematurely because I went with my gut instincts on it. When I looked at Paul Dean's web site it appeared to me that he supplied sufficient details to convince me that the score was genuine, however I was not present when Paul Dean got his record. My confidence was based on the email messages I received from Jeff Peters who _has_ seen Paul Dean play.

Let me also say that it will ultimately be up to Walter to come to a decision on the matter. After all, Twin Galaxies is his creation and it's his name on the front of the book. I'll abide by Walter's decision.

Really _I_ can't be 100% positive unless I'm right there watching the player, but like many players I like to express my 2 cents.

Mark Longridge
    Your reputation for promoting score verification is well documented.

And I apologize for throwing you into this (though I didn't mention you by name), but it seemed really unfair that Mr. Day was laying it all on Mark Alpiger when a TG ref had announced it as well.
  10. Spy Hunter

05-26-2004, 07:17 AM
    I didnt know Mark had posted this information. However, Mark Alpiger learned of this process directly from Robert Mruczek, not from Longridge.

walter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us