Leprechaun - Increased Bounty Value !!

1. 10-13-2004, 11:10 AM
    How could that have possibly been too many figures? I didn't even break it down to show what my score was at every five minute interval. Nor did I take a precise count of the number of trees I actually had to run over to score that. Not to worry, I won't bother you with those statistics. (Not only that, I am NOT going to sit and count them all! I would imagine it was somewhere between 8000 and 9000.)

Here are the final, and most important, stats from the game:

Attempts: 3
    Final score: 1,524,825
    Lives lost during run: 1
    Time spent on the final game: 2 hours and 45 minutes
    Time spent leeching: 2 hours and 27 minutes
    Time spent total: 10 hours and 48 minutes
    Objects thrown/knocked over in disgust at the first two failed attempts: 11
    Diameter of the new circular hole in my floor: 3/4 inch
    Depth of the aforementioned hole: 1/8 inch
    Cruising altitude of the chair which created said hole: 7 feet 1 inch
    Neighbors that think I am insane after yelling at computer: 4
    Minutes spent in harsh dialogue with nobody after second attempt: 45
    Usages of any of the \"seven dirty words\" after first two attempts: 1,457
    Number of hours spent in intestinal agony after first attempt: 34
    Number of IQ points lost during three runs: 12
    Number of times enitre soundtrack to Activison Anthology played: 13
    Times I will play this game after the bounty is declared claimed: 0
  2. It's Good !!

10-13-2004, 02:47 PM
    Hello everyone:

For the purpose of the bounty, I did announce that if a gamer thoughts they could pull it off, running over trees as long as you can without letting the mischievous leprechaun catch you was allowed.

Looks like Douglas did just that...very slowly and methodically, but the effect was that after nearly 3 hours of gameplay, he passed the 1.5M mark and is eligible for the $100.00 bounty payable ninety (90) days from receipt of INP, meaning 90 days from October 12th, 2004. Sooner if I can, but by that time for sure.

Congratulations, Douglas !!

Robert
  3. 10-14-2004, 05:22 AM
    I can't tell you how relieved I am. There is only one thing that made me keep my sanity during any of these tries: Activision Anthology. I had the soundtrack playing its 80's music for the duration of the run. I would have gone insane listening to those clanging and pinging noises all that time.

This is so entertaining. In the tradition of really cool cats like Alex Trebek, you should start up a game show like Starcade. You could call it \"Win Robert Mruczek's Money.\"
  4. For 2005

10-14-2004, 08:40 AM
    Douglas:

Next year will be all-inclusive of my own \"bounty\" challenges plus those of my fellow referees. Should be quite exciting.

Robert
  5. 10-14-2004, 09:15 AM
    Robert,

Do you think of including a game or two from the 2004 bounties?

David
    Ready to work on 2005 bounties...

Currently working on: BOUNTIES! Super Punch Out and F-Zero
  6. For 2005

10-14-2004, 03:22 PM
    Hi David:

I have thus far decided to continue the 400 yard \"Crazy Jump\" bounty for the Sega DC title \"Crazy Taxi\", if still unclaimed. I have two new WR's to post on the title, one of 388 and another slightly higher at I think 393, but no 400 yet.

But, with close to fifty (50) titles involved in the 2005 \"bounties\", I don't think I can afford to keep even more open. As it stands, I'm looking at well over the $3K in cumulative potential payouts that I offered in 2004, maybe more.

The biggest hints I can give you thus far is that one bounty will pretty much allow you to buy the PS3, the Xbox 3 and the GC2 all at the same time, AND several games to boot. Won't tell you the bounty specs, but they will be pretty tough.

The next year's bounties will cover more platforms than ever, and will be a mix of both point-based and time-based achievements. In fact, I just thought of yet another PS1 title to add to the mix just now, so the \"bounty\" potential payout has increased yet again !!

So keep your hats on as the countdown to Jan01/05 draws closer.

As for me, I'll make sure my bank account can handle the wave of claimed \"bounties\" yet to come. Just like last year, they will be a mix of those that are reasonably do-able to those that are out of this world.

Believe it or not, the \"bounty\" to get 1M on Activision's \"River Raid\" for the Atari 2600 on your 1st ship was almost claimed thus far. Todd Rogers achieved nearly 800K.

The arcade/MAME titles will cover games dating back to the 1970's.

Too bad that \"Blasto\" is a 1-screen game or I'd add that one on for sure !!

Robert
  7. 10-14-2004, 03:51 PM
    Im really excited about the 2005 bounties. After moving to NC, I haven't been able to work on the bounties because I left my systems in Puerto Rico.

BTW, remember the 54.90s in Whale Bay? It would be really glad if you have a followup bounty for that, although it might not happen since there were not many people interested in it. However, I'm very close to breaking that 54.00s that you will be surprised. I have to start buying all the systems again so I can get ready for the new bounties and try lower my record a little more (I calculated a 53.90s on a perfect run).

David
    Ready to work on 2005 bounties...

Currently working on: BOUNTIES! Super Punch Out and F-Zero
  8. 10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfevr76
    How could that have possibly been too many figures?
    Just joking. That post just looked like little messy, because it was written without paragraphs and containing numbers.

[quote]
    Usages of any of the "seven dirty words" after first two attempts: 1,457
    [quote]

Hahaha!

Congrats,
    TJT
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  9. 10-14-2004, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfevr76
    How could that have possibly been too many figures?
    Just joking. That post just looked like little messy, because it was written without paragraphs and containing numbers.

Usages of any of the "seven dirty words" after first two attempts: 1,457
    Hahaha!

Congrats,
    TJT
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  10. 10-14-2004, 09:53 PM
    And I also wish to make known I may be putting out a few bounties myself... and then I got this idea of a little challenge that I'm trying to work out atm... it's going to ROCK the Nes Console... and it's going to involve a LOT of tapes being sent... gotta find a volunteer ref for it too ;) This competition could nail out over 50 tapes... and that's alone from ME ;)

Oh doncha worry... I'll elaborate a bit later on and you'll be amazed. I think I'll also open the entry's up to others if there's going to be enough interest. Just have to talk to the person I have in mind first.

I can't promise as huge bounties as Robert... [Robert... if you're seriously laying out that much cash on one bounty... I only pray it's via something I have or have access to... because believe me... I'd ignore the consoles and just throw it at my mortgage... well unless a NeoGeoCD and N64DD pop up as well as all 3 Panesian games and World Stadium NTSC.... can't pass those up ^^] but I will try to put out some fun ones.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Join us