Leprechaun - Increased Bounty Value !!

1. Leprechaun - Increased Bounty Value !!

06-11-2004, 12:45 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

Effective immediately, the cash bounty value for "Leprechaun" has been increased from $25.00 to $100.00 (one hundred US dollars) !!

Official scores in the 400-500K range have been logged this past Funspot score and will soon be published by Twin Galaxies and added to our database. Same holds true for MAME eventually.

Best of luck to one and all.

Robert
  2. 06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
    1.5M is the score to beat right?

I'll have to give this a shot, but that is a rather lofty score.
  3. Yep, 1.5

06-11-2004, 02:39 PM
    Hi Mike:

I've heard claims by reliable gamers that fooling around on MAME they managed scores of 1M, thus increasing the bounty to 1.5

Robert
  4. 08-17-2004, 09:59 AM
    Are there any techniques in this game that would be considered scrabbing? Or is that part of the game, milking each stage for as much as you can get?

I mean, if someone was daring enough to try, could a player conceivably get the entire score on one stage?

(One stage seems like a person could leech the entire bounty on it.)
  5. 08-17-2004, 12:54 PM
    It is lega, but beware, the longer you leech the fster he gets, and since the tournament I managed to get a 606,000 and some change run, and steve had shawn cram witness a 622,250 run so we are getting there.
  6. 08-18-2004, 06:39 AM
    This can't be legal. Unless I have completely missed something or I have not played the game out long enough, I think I have \"Lucky\" figured out. It certainly looked like he had reached his top speed and I was effectively dodging him to the tune of 4000 points per minute. After keeping this up for about a half hour, I decided to call it a night. I can't imagine this is going to be as easy as it appears.

The first time I ever played this game, I scored more than 400,000. The new strategy I have will take longer, to be sure, but appears strong enough to play the game indefinitely. Hopefully \"Lucky\" won't decide to change his tune on me as I try and make this run.
  7. 08-18-2004, 03:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfevr76
    This can't be legal. Unless I have completely missed something or I have not played the game out long enough, I think I have "Lucky" figured out. It certainly looked like he had reached his top speed and I was effectively dodging him to the tune of 4000 points per minute. After keeping this up for about a half hour, I decided to call it a night. I can't imagine this is going to be as easy as it appears.

The first time I ever played this game, I scored more than 400,000. The new strategy I have will take longer, to be sure, but appears strong enough to play the game indefinitely. Hopefully "Lucky" won't decide to change his tune on me as I try and make this run.
    Are you staying on an early stage, and just dodging him forever?
  8. Allowed

08-18-2004, 04:56 PM
    Mike:

For the purpose of the \"bounty\", gamers are allowed to achieve the score with as much milking as they want. Of course it is almost mind-numbing to try this, but for the bounty it is permissible. The little Leprechaun does get quite zippy the longer you last, and the collission detector in this game is very unforgiving if you get too close.

Robert
  9. Re: Allowed

08-18-2004, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RMRUCZEK
    Mike:

For the purpose of the "bounty", gamers are allowed to achieve the score with as much milking as they want. Of course it is almost mind-numbing to try this, but for the bounty it is permissible. The little Leprechaun does get quite zippy the longer you last, and the collission detector in this game is very unforgiving if you get too close.

Robert
    I had never considered the miling strategy. I always just went for board clearing. I do use the trees on earlier stages to get higher points, but I had never considered just milking the stage.

Perhaps I can at least crack 800K combining the various strategies.

8)
  10. 08-18-2004, 08:20 PM
    If videotaping a performance done on another version of MAME is acceptable, I will be making a run at this. I have not played out to an insanely high score yet, but I did just sit here for a half an hour running around on one stage, racking up over 175,000 before I got bored with it. All the fun is in trying to dodge that pesky little booger once he starts running full throttle. However, once you get into a rhythm, it becomes like all the other games that people can marathon: reach the highest difficulty level, master it, and play until your arms fall off.

It does appear that playing Coconuts was a fantastic warmup to this. :idea:

If it is legal to tape this, it is going to be almost as boring (to play and to watch) as a 10,000,000 point run on Space Jockey.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us