- Douglas Loyd

1. - Douglas Loyd

10-08-2004, 10:23 AM
    Are other Twin Galaxies referees allowed to cash in on things like the bounties and the MAME monthly challenge? I'm just wondering in case I want to become a referee.

Not on topic, but going with the question above, can a referee verify scores on any platform, or just the one he is assigned? For instances, can the Morrows verify an arcade achievement or can Mark Longridge verify an Atari achievement?
  2. 10-08-2004, 03:25 PM
    That's totally up to Robert IMHO. The bounty challenges are 100% Robert's doing. They really have little to nothing to do with TG.

I often think Robert picks games though hoping a new world record gets set in the process which then gets submitted to the TG scoreboard.

Given it's Robert's thing, IMHO it's \"his\" policy of who is eligible or not. Check his bounty rules.

I think most refs are eligible for most of the challenges...but of course a few a ref might not be eligible for.

ie. a CV ref might not be eligible for a CV-game bounty if that ref is the one that would be reviewing submissions and verifying scores for the scoreboard.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  3. 10-08-2004, 09:06 PM
    As far as I know, Robert has allowed other refs to go for bounties.

As far as contests go, ref's can compete for the fun of it, but are ineligible for prizes such as certificates.
  4. 10-09-2004, 02:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MKM
    As far as I know, Robert has allowed other refs to go for bounties.

As far as contests go, ref's can compete for the fun of it, but are ineligible for prizes such as certificates.
    Actually, it depends. If prizes AND certificates are involved, a referee can be eligible for the Certificate, but not the Prizes. If it's certificate only, it's up to the person running it to make that determination.

There has been plenty of precedent for this (CGE is what I am familiar with).
Join us