"Super Mario: The Lost Levels" Bounty

1. "Super Mario: The Lost Levels" Bounty

05-17-2004, 08:10 PM
    Attention Super Mario players: Time for a new challenge! It is my great pleasure to announce that I have will be offering an additional bounty for 2004, featuring one of the toughest games in existence, "Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels" for SNES!

Up to $150.00 is up for grabs to the player that progresses the farthest into the game without warping! Should more than one person manage to accomplish a complete game, then the bounty will turn into a speed competition for complete games.

With all the success that people have had in speed-running so many games from the Mario series, I've been wondering what is possible to do with this one. For me, this was the best way I could think of to find out! This game may or may not be beatable, but it should be a whole lot of fun to see us try!

See below for the full details, and good luck to everyone!

Bounty: "Super Mario All-Stars: The Lost Levels" for SNES
    Goal: Fastest Total Completion OR Distance
    Prize: $150.00 for a completed game OR $10.00 per world (ex: If the winner loses last life on World 8-2, that player completed 7 worlds for $70.00)
    Deadline: December 31, 2004
    Payable Date: January 31, 2005

Rules:
    - Try to play through every world (1-9, A-D) without warping
    - 5 LIVES MAXIMUM (game ends when you lose your 5th life, regardless of lives remaining)
    - Incomplete runs are accepted! If no one submits a complete game before the deadline, the winner will be the player that progressed the farthest into the game (partial stages included, down to frames, if necessary)
    - If at least one complete run is submitted, the winner will be the player who completed the game the fastest
    - For complete runs, timer begins the instant you hit the Start button on the title screen and stops the when you touch the golden axe in World D-4
    - A NEW save file must be used
    - Pick your favorite character between Mario and Luigi! Despite their different abilities, each will be treated equally
    - Pipes may only be used when they are NECESSARY to complete a level
    - No glitches may be used, such as wall-jumping or "hiding" from hammer brothers on the left side of the screen
  2. 05-18-2004, 12:32 AM
    Ooooo, this one looks very interesting.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  3. 05-30-2004, 07:02 PM
    Interesting. I will definitely be giving this one a shot.
  4. 07-10-2004, 12:29 PM
    yea, me too will try this challenge
  5. 07-10-2004, 05:01 PM
    Hmm If I can get my old SNES working, finding the game in some store.. I might have a go at this one too... A hard game though...but fun!

QRS
  6. 12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
    Just a reminder to all players participating in this bounty (and all other unclaimed bounties for that matter) that the contest expires on December 31st. Your tape must be postmarked by this date in order to qualify for the cash prize.

Should be an exciting finish as the tapes start to roll in during this last month!
  7. 12-07-2004, 01:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rdrunner
    Should be an exciting finish as the tapes start to roll in during this last month!
    HGas anyone submitted anything yet? [Curious[

I was going to this weekend but due to a wedding and impromptu house repair at 2 am... :(

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  8. 12-07-2004, 07:14 AM
    HGas anyone submitted anything yet? [Curious[
    Not yet, but I'm not surprised at all. If I were competing here, I wouldn't have submitted yet either, since I would still be trying to make improvements in my run right until the end. That's exactly what I have done with the bounties I've tried for.
  9. 12-07-2004, 10:48 AM
    I'll be submitting if I can find a damn copy of this game for sale around here. =\\
  10. 12-07-2004, 05:00 PM
    I actually forgot about this for a while. Starting to practice now.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us