NEW BOUNTY (No. 127) - \"Halo 2\"

1. NEW BOUNTY (No. 127) - \"Halo 2\"

01-21-2005, 01:07 PM
    Hello fellow gamers:

Time to add the first addendum \"bounty\". Here goes...

Game - \"Halo 2\"
    Platform - Microsoft Xbox
    Challenge - Fastest completion of final level (\"The Great Journey\") by end of Dec31, 2005
    Challenge Difficulty Rating - 4.5 (out of 5)
    Rules and Settings
    -> Difficulty mode = \"Legendary\"
    -> Single Player only
    -> Player is allowed to \"die\", but game clock continues
    -> As with the \"Halo 2\" bounty for the fastest complete game, all other rules apply (i.e. no use of \"envy skulls\" for permanent invisibility, game ends upon final blow to \"Tartarus\", etc
    Bounty Prize - $150.00
    Bounty Payable date - Jan31st, 2006

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Robert
  2. 02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
    you know the skulls im guessing you can use no skulls or is it only the envy skull which is restricted?
  3. Just \"Envy\"

02-09-2005, 12:01 PM
    Hi:

Just the envy skull is restricted.

Robert
  4. 03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
    Actually the \"Envy\" skull wouldn't apply to this \"bounty\" because it's the Arbiter, not the Master Chief being played on the final level (\"The Great Journey\"). Just wanted to point that out.

Also I'm curious to know if completion time's for both \"Halo 2 bounties\" are made pubic (posted) or not after their submitted? And say if someone beat my time, would it be available for me to view it? Sorry if any of this is in FAQ, I did look.

Also the no use of \"Envy skull\" to attain permanent invisibility can only be done by a save and quit after a checkpoint when it's active, then shutting your Xbox off, which would obviously be against the rules. So I guess I'm asking if am going through legendary, not dying and I pick up that skull for 5 seconds of invisibility, is that still a restriction. Because there is a difference between the two.

Lastly, I know I can achieve the first \"Halo 2 bounty\" (along with some luck of course, the second bounty no time at all), but to start recording from turning it on to finishing the game without dying on 6 hours of VHS tape seems unlikely at best. Do you have any suggestions that might help? And it is allowed to skip over all the cut-scenes, right?

I appreciate any input, thanks.
  5. 03-03-2005, 07:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by REV. PAIN
    Also I'm curious to know if completion time's [sic] for both "Halo 2 bounties" are made pubic...
    A local newspaper once made the same typo, in big letters, on a front-page headline.

Quote Originally Posted by And then e
    Lastly, I know I can achieve the first "Halo 2 bounty" (along with some luck of course, the second bounty no time at all), but to start recording from turning it on to finishing the game without dying on 6 hours of VHS tape seems unlikely at best. Do you have any suggestions that might help? And it is allowed to skip over all the cut-scenes, right?
    Can't answer the skull question, but as for these:

- I suggest an eight-hour VHS tape, and if that isn't enough there's an official pause-to-change-tapes procedure I'm sure someone will follow this message up with;

- In a speed run, not only are you allowed to skip cut-scenes, but should, and as quickly as possible. The game clock runs from input start to input end, and doesn't stop for lack-of-input times in the middle. - ZM
  6. 03-03-2005, 08:46 AM
    BTW, beside the \"quote\" tab shouldn't there be an \"edit\", why isn't there one?

Zotmeister, I guess I need to hire a proof reader. What was the newspapers excuse?

I'm looking forward to RMRUCZEK's response. And this official pause-to-change-tapes procedure sounds a bit shady to me, but then again I don't know the details.
  7. 03-03-2005, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by REV. PAIN
    BTW, beside the "quote" tab shouldn't there be an "edit", why isn't there one?
    Edit functionality is on a forum-by-forum basis; it's been noted by others that "2005 Bounties" never had it enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by And then e
    I guess I need to hire a proof reader. What was the newspapers [sic] excuse?
    I don't know if they ever gave one. - ZM
  8. 03-03-2005, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zotmeister
    - I suggest an eight-hour VHS tape
    Even better, use a 10 hour tape. That should be enough for this game.
    Martin Bedard

Arcade Finder - Find the coin-op games you want to play!
  9. 03-03-2005, 09:40 AM
    Even better, use a 10 hour tape. That should be enough for this game.[/quote]

Eight-hour tapes are quite common; I don't believe I've ever seen a ten-hour tape in a store. But sure, if you can find them, go for it. - ZM
  10. 03-03-2005, 09:41 AM
    Oy, and the thing... with the tags... - ZM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us