New leader

1. New leader

01-26-2005, 06:40 AM
    It would appear that there has been a changing of the guard.

I'm sure another one is soon to follow once the upload is made.
  2. 01-26-2005, 10:14 PM
    [Blinks]

Uh? Whatcha talkin' 'bout Willis?

I see Todd Rogers in front [2 less records though] followed by Ron Corcoran.. heck.. I don't see much shuffling other then Tom Votava moving up once I got all his records into the database.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  3. Re: New leader

01-26-2005, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pacmanfevr76
    It would appear that there has been a changing of the guard.

I'm sure another one is soon to follow once the upload is made.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=18&id=959

Rogers claims to currently hold 2,045 high scores. Twin Galaxies, the definitive clearinghouse for videogame tallies, officially credits him with 293, placing him No. 2 on its Top World Record Holders list. Walter Day, founder and head of Twin Galaxies, says that his verification process is exhaustive, and that much of Rogers' documentation has been in limbo since a staffer abruptly left the job. "Ultimately," Day says, "he'll be No. 1 on that list by a pretty good margin."

I'm not so sure about that.
  4. 01-26-2005, 11:14 PM
    I wouldn't speculate too much about this particular event. Things still need to be resolved and we are far from that point concerning this.
  5. 01-27-2005, 02:49 AM
    I wonder what platform are these games at; If you make one record a day, it would take about 5and half years to achieve 2000 records.
    Quantity over quality, eh?
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  6. 01-27-2005, 05:15 AM
    Kelly, that was my point. Todd is now in front where Ron previously was.
  7. 01-27-2005, 05:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi
    If you make one record a day, it would take about 5and half years to achieve 2000 records.
    If you make one record a day, it would take about 5and half years to achieve 2000 records.
    Indeed this is true. With that stat in mind, one who doesn't know much about Todd might be inclined to say "oh, he's just setting things at random; they're probably like 25th place or something.." But considering that nearly like 95% of Todd's scores are 1st place, most in games that have at least 10 other logged scorers, his abilities seriously boggle the mind.

I was telling a friend about Todd's scores the other day. If you look at the percentage of the person below him, their score is generally like 48% of his 100%. Not only does he set scores for these games, he sets untouchable ones.

Todd is definitely my hero. :) When I get my 2600 back, I might take a trip to where he lives and have him ref for me.
  8. 01-27-2005, 06:10 AM
    Oh! I didn't realise news was about \"Mr activision\"/Gorf Rogers...Well, who else...stupid me :D

I bet hes played that 2000 days A2600 though!

Cheers, TJT
    Terveisin,
    TJT
  9. 01-29-2005, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NumbFingers
    Indeed this is true. With that stat in mind, one who doesn't know much about Todd might be inclined to say "oh, he's just setting things at random; they're probably like 25th place or something.." But considering that nearly like 95% of Todd's scores are 1st place, most in games that have at least 10 other logged scorers, his abilities seriously boggle the mind.

I was telling a friend about Todd's scores the other day. If you look at the percentage of the person below him, their score is generally like 48% of his 100%. Not only does he set scores for these games, he sets untouchable ones.

Todd is definitely my hero. :) When I get my 2600 back, I might take a trip to where he lives and have him ref for me.
    The score isn't logged as a "World Record" unless it's a first place score. This amount doesn't even track the number of scores he has or will have logged that are not first place. Most of Todd's scores are untouchable first place records. I'll be glad to see all of his scores get entered and see how high the number will go.......

Then he'll have a lot more targets that we can try to pick off one by one!! :lol: :D :lol:
  10. 01-29-2005, 06:11 AM
    When I first saw the top-place list after the site's layout change, I figured I check out what scores I may be able to beat of numerous of the guys on the list... Todd's 1st places were the only ones I felt daunted by! Don't get me wrong - each of the top place holders have individual scores that I am very appreciable of, but the shear number of blowout scores Todd has is pretty awesome! Also, so many of them are simply 'maxed' scores, that there's no way to beat them...

Kudos to anyone on the list - and those that will get there. :)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us