New leader

  1. 01-31-2005, 08:25 AM
    Hi there!

    May I ask which referee verfied Todds latest scores?

    Greetings,
    Manuel
  2. 01-31-2005, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    May I ask which referee verfied Todds latest scores?
    Each entry in the score board has some 'meta' information. Click the magnifying glass to check various details, including the verifying ref. :)

    You'll find a number of recent entries are also very old. For example, https://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=22&sid=50661 has only just been 'entered' into the scoreboard... It was recorded in 1983... Not sure that the meta information will be correct though - I'd be intrigued to know if Robert was an active ref back then. :)
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  3. 01-31-2005, 01:03 PM
    Hi there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax
    Each entry in the score board has some 'meta' information. Click the magnifying glass to check various details, including the verifying ref. :)
    Ah, I see. So here is the entry for Adventures of Tron:

    =====================================
    Adventures Of Tron, Atari 2600/VCS, Factory Settings

    Rank 1
    Score 999,999
    Player Todd Rogers
    Brooksville, FL
    United States
    Date Achieved Saturday, June 21, 2003
    Date Verified Saturday, June 21, 2003
    Verification Method Video
    Verified By Robert Mruczek
    Score Status Active
    Rules Factory Settings
    Game : 3
    =====================================

    So, as the entry says on Saturday, June 21, 2003, Robert Mruczek verified a video tape submission of Adventures of Tron from Todd Rogers, with a score of 999,999, do I get this right?

    Greetings,
    Manuel
  4. 01-31-2005, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    So, as the entry says on Saturday, June 21, 2003, Robert Mruczek verified a video tape submission of Adventures of Tron from Todd Rogers, with a score of 999,999, do I get this right?
    Correct...however in many cases, the dates might not be right....especially given lots of dates were never noted.

    ie. here perhaps Robert remembers receiving and/or watching the tapes submitted on June 21, 2003...but has no record of the date the game was actually played now.

    ...so just shows the same date.

    ...or was even just the date the score was entered onto the scoreboard.

    If you see many "new" scores, they might show a late 2004 date even though they were submitted a couple years ago. When the dates aren't known just the date of entry onto the new scoreboard format might be shown.

    I hope that helps to a degree.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  5. 01-31-2005, 11:39 PM
    Hi there!

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    ie. here perhaps Robert remembers receiving and/or watching the tapes submitted on June 21, 2003...but has no record of the date the game was actually played now.
    I'm asking, because Adventures of Tron was played in the "High Score Club" of Atari Age here:

    http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62818

    That was only three weeks ago. As you can see, the page says this for the TG rankings valid on the 03rd Jan 2005:

    1. 996,800 (Ron Corcoran)
    2. 732,100 (Todd Rogers)
    3. 69,800 (Alan Hewston)

    As you can find later in this thread, Todd reported breaking the 999,999 just on the 09th Jan 2005:

    http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopi ... c&start=41

    I've been casually checking the TG scoreboard since then and the record entry was altered within the last 7 days.

    So my question to Robert Mruczek (or any other referee in charge) is:

    Did you verify a 999,999 Adventures of Tron video tape submission from Todd Rogers within the last ~ 3 weeks or not?

    Greetings,
    Manuel
  6. 02-01-2005, 11:53 PM
    Hi there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    So my question to Robert Mruczek (or any other referee in charge) is:

    Did you verify a 999,999 Adventures of Tron video tape submission from Todd Rogers within the last ~ 3 weeks or not?
    I hope I'm not asking the world here? A small "yes" or "no" will do :)

    Greetings,
    Manuel
  7. 02-02-2005, 07:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    I hope I'm not asking the world here? A small "yes" or "no" will do :)
    Please have patience for an answer from Robert. Maybe you don't mean it but the above sounds like you are pushing for/demanding an answer.

    For one, it's possible your question will be overlooked. We don't have time to read every single thread in the forum.

    Given you BURIED it in another thread just about the leader, that makes it even more likely a question about a specific score verification will be overlooked. It's not like you directly messaged Robert and he is just ignoring you. Even then, I hear he has a large backlog of e-mail to go through...to the point some will likely be overlooked even there.

    Second, we have real lives. We are volunteers. We do this in our spare time.

    Robert has a job where the end of each month demands a lot of him where he has little to no time to do TG stuff. ...so even if he happens to see this thread it might be a few days.

    This is why I tried to help you even though I didn't have a complete answer. You are interpreting the data you should as best as possible. I don't know what more you want from it. Does it really matter if Todd set the 999,990 score just a few weeks ago versus a few years ago? It's the score to match.

    Robert is listed as the verifying referee so I'm sure he verified it. As I stated, the dates are likely to be wrong for many scoreboard entries.

    We are currently adding 100s or even 1000s of new scores to the scoreboard. Robert and others are doing their best to just get caught up on getting all these backlog of scores from the past 1+ year into the new scoreboard.

    After that, perhaps discrepanies that really mean little compared to other aspects like dates can be addressed. There are 100s of cases where the dates are unknown so estimated dates are entered or just the date the score was entered etc. is shown.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  8. 02-02-2005, 07:44 AM
    Hi there!

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    Please have patience for an answer from Robert. Maybe you don't mean it but the above sounds like you are pushing for/demanding an answer.
    I'm just trying to get an answer while Roberts memory regarding this is still fresh, as I have a particular question about the Adventures of Tron video tape.

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    Given you BURIED it in another thread just about the leader, that makes it even more likely a question about a specific score verification will be overlooked.
    I'm sorry. I thought it'd fit right here. As it took at least 8 new world records for Todd to climb to his current position, I thought the thread announcing this was the right place to ask for the info about who verified this many scores. Normally there's a big fanfare for every new world record in the classic forum, but I didn't see any regarding all these new world records, so I thought probably here was the right place to ask.

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    Robert has a job where the end of each month demands a lot of him where he has little to no time to do TG stuff. ...so even if he happens to see this thread it might be a few days.
    I'll patiently wait for an answer from him, no problem at all :)
    (Maybe if he'd just give a small sign wether he's reading me?)

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    This is why I tried to help you even though I didn't have a complete answer. You are interpreting the data you should as best as possible. I don't know what more you want from it. Does it really matter if Todd set the 999,990 score just a few weeks ago versus a few years ago? It's the score to match.
    Well, if there can be an error with the date, why not with the score itself as well? The entry was just changed within this week, so I'm asking now while Robert still knows what he did :)

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    Robert is listed as the verifying referee so I'm sure he verified it. As I stated, the dates are likely to be wrong for many scoreboard entries.
    All fine by me. With Robert being responsible for this entry, I'm 100% certain that he can easily answer my question regarding the video tape he just verified and the score he changed in the database.

    Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    After that, perhaps discrepanies that really mean little compared to other aspects like dates can be addressed. There are 100s of cases where the dates are unknown so estimated dates are entered or just the date the score was entered etc. is shown.
    I think dates are also important. Maybe not as important as the scores itself, but if you're going to print books containing those scores, all data should be as good as possible, no?

    Greetings,
    Manuel
  9. 02-02-2005, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    I'm just trying to get an answer while Roberts memory regarding this is still fresh, as I have a particular question about the Adventures of Tron video tape.
    What exactly is your question, or are you just concerned about the date?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    Well, if there can be an error with the date, why not with the score itself as well? The entry was just changed within this week, so I'm asking now while Robert still knows what he did :)
    For what it's worth, I have had entries in the database and later submitted a second entry as Todd did in this case. Sometimes the score gets updated but the original date is not altered. I am not saying that is definately what happened here, I am just saying it is possible as that has happened before.

    I was concerned about the score and not the date, so it did not matter to me. That is probably the case with the refs as well.

    Troy
  10. 02-02-2005, 08:54 AM
    Hi there!

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Whelan
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    I'm just trying to get an answer while Roberts memory regarding this is still fresh, as I have a particular question about the Adventures of Tron video tape.
    What exactly is your question, or are you just concerned about the date?
    Well, the date is not the only wrong field in the entry, as there is no "Game 3" in Adventures of Tron either.

    But no, I, personally, can easily live with those 2 errors :)

    My question or actually two questions regarding the video tape would be these:

    - Did the game stop at 999,999?
    - Did the game show the 999,999 precisely?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Whelan
    I am not saying that is definately what happened here, I am just saying it is possible as that has happened before.
    That's why I asked for Robert to confirm that he just verified the score and changed the database entry. So he can easily fix this little error and any further confusion is avoided. :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy_Whelan
    I was concerned about the score and not the date, so it did not matter to me. That is probably the case with the refs as well.
    I understand this. Yet I don't think that it is TGs intention to give the impression that they're not caring about the consistency of their database. So if there's errors reported they will get corrected, no? :wink:

    Greetings,
    Manuel
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Join us