New leader

1. 02-02-2005, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    I'm just trying to get an answer while Roberts memory regarding this is still fresh, as I have a particular question about the Adventures of Tron video tape...As it took at least 8 new world records for Todd to climb to his current position, I thought the thread announcing this was the right place to ask for the info about who verified this many scores.
    As stated earlier in this thread I think, Todd has a backlog of scores he has submitted to Robert and/or others that goes back 2-3 years even!!!

Todd has lots of marathon type scores submitted. How often do you have 60+ hours to review the tapes for just one or two entries? Now consider 100+, 200+, who knows how many other similar entries Robert has watched the past couple of years...or yet has to watch.

Also as stated, the online scoreboard...especially concerning consoles, was misleading...cuz it wasn't current at all...going back even a couple years.

It's very possible the score was on the scoreboard in June 2002(whatever that date was..would need to check your earlier post again)...but not on the online scoreboard at this site for you to view until this massive backlog of scores is being entered onto the new online scoreboard.

Because of this big backlog etc., if the dates aren't shown on the player's submission form, then we might only have an estimate or maybe not a clue when the score was achieved and when the score was submitted to TG.

All we can do then is guess. If no clue, then the date likely will be the date it was first entered onto the scoreboard.

Ok, so you want to know about a specific atari 2600 game entry.

How about posting to that Classic Consoles forum and start a thread titled "Atari 2600-Adventures of Tron question" or something similar. It might even get Todd himself to post the information and answer your questions or even another referee who is familiar with that game track. Other Atari 2600 players are much more likely to notice the question there in it's own thread.

Why also don't you just ask Todd what date he achieved the score and whatever questions you have?
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  2. 02-03-2005, 12:23 AM
    Double
  3. 02-03-2005, 12:26 AM
    Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by permafrostrick
    As stated earlier in this thread I think, Todd has a backlog of scores he has submitted to Robert and/or others that goes back 2-3 years even!!!
    You said that, yes. I didn't say anything against it, so why are you sounding so angry?

It's very possible the score was on the scoreboard in June 2002(whatever that date was..would need to check your earlier post again)...but not on the online scoreboard at this site for you to view until this massive backlog of scores is being entered onto the new online scoreboard.
    No no, you got me all wrong. Todd played that particular score just 3 weeks ago, so it must've been verified right now.

All we can do then is guess. If no clue, then the date likely will be the date it was first entered onto the scoreboard.
    Why does it seem like you're you going so extreme into defense-mode? Is anything wrong with asking questions about a new world record? I'm just asking a few very simple questions, no? And I'll patiently wait for them to be answered. I didn't think is was such a state affair. Or do you make a difference when the record in question was done by a TG referee?

How about posting to that Classic Consoles forum and start a thread titled "Atari 2600-Adventures of Tron question" or something similar. It might even get Todd himself to post the information and answer your questions or even another referee who is familiar with that game track. Other Atari 2600 players are much more likely to notice the question there in it's own thread.
    I'll do that, no problem.

Why also don't you just ask Todd what date he achieved the score and whatever questions you have?
    I did that and his answer was:

Well i have a rather strange observation about AoT. The first version i played maxed at 999,999 while the other one of the 5 labeled versions flipped at 999,900. I will be playing the other variations to see if there are more notible differences. I didnt make it public because i wanted see what happens first so not to cause any confusion to the gamers as i may have to track seperate provisions for this game on the TG data base.
    When I asked Todd if he could possibly get those two different behaving cartridges dumped for verification of the differences in the programm code, he never replied again. So I'd now like to hear from Robert (who just verified the video tape) how the taped version ends.

Greetings,
    Manuel
  4. 02-03-2005, 12:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergoth
    Why does it seem like you're you going so extreme into defense-mode? ...And I'll patiently wait for them to be answered.
    Well, why did you only 1 day later make the statement:
    I hope I'm not asking the world here? A small "yes" or "no" will do
    ???

Sorry, but that sounds quite pushy and demanding to me. Sorry if I misinterpreted that....but it seems like you were a tad pissed you hadn't gotten an answer within 24 hours and sort of demanded an answer to your question.

...so I did get defensive and gave several reasons why questions...especially those buried within another thread...might take several days or even weeks to get an answer...or the question be overlooked by those who might know the answer to the question. Robert might be the only one who can answer the specifics of your question.

Robert had posted(not sure if in the public area though) that he was swamped with accounting work for the next week+ cuz it was the end of the month so have patience for any replies. It's likely Robert has not seen your question yet.

I gave you all the information to try and answer your question as complete as I was capable of doing.

I see you did repost this question in the classic consoles. That increases the exposure of the question where Robert and/or other players can assist you.
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  5. 02-03-2005, 01:04 PM
    Hi there!

Sorry, but that sounds quite pushy and demanding to me. Sorry if I misinterpreted that....but it seems like you were a tad pissed you hadn't gotten an answer within 24 hours and sort of demanded an answer to your question.
    Aha. Guess I picked the wrong expression then. I'm sorry. English is not my mother tongue. I didn't mean to sound demanding. I wasn't "pissed" either, but rather amused because answering a simple question (at least I thought it was simple :) ) took so long. If Robert didn't even read it yet, it certainly explains everything :D

Greetings,
    Manuel
  6. 02-03-2005, 05:41 PM
    TIME OUT --Lets have some peace here!!!!!!
    Wow i can see that this is getting way out of hand. 1st off the game AoT FLIPS AND MAXES ....yes i said Flips and Maxes i have 5 different lables of the game and i have played 2 of the 5 and they had different ending results. The reason i didnt go PUBLIC yet, was i wanted to do further testing of the other ROMS to see if they had any differences on score and game play and thus i would have to make a partition of the differences on the data base that would mean me spending more time that i dont have at the moment. My schedual as of RIGHT NOW does not allow me to have leisure to devote that lenght of time to correct ALL the inaccuracies of the Twin Galaxies data base is there are any. I hope this sheds some light on this redundant subject.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers
  7. 02-04-2005, 12:40 AM
    Hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by toddrogers
    I hope this sheds some light on this redundant subject.
    You got me all wrong again. I didn't want to hear yet another story of a differently behaving cartridge in your collection, I wanted to hear from Robert what the video tape shows that you submitted to him for verifying your world record last week. You did submit a video tape, no? And Robert verified it, or?

Greetings,
    Manuel
  8. 02-04-2005, 06:55 AM
    You know Manuel I really dont like your tone here ,
    \"I didn't want to hear yet another story of a differently behaving cartridge in your collection\"
    Who do you think you are in demanding what had transpired between me and Robert YOU dont pay me NOR am i on a pay roll from you.
    Then you mock me and my collection as if to say \"well who cares what game cartridges i own and how they behave\".
    Yes Manuel I understand \"YOUR\" frustration on the game play of this game. I tried to treat this matter with kid gloves with a personal and PRIVATE PM to you as due to the ROM differences not to cause ANY confusion for anyone else but you have blown this way out of purportion.I had explained to you about the game research that i was doing when i get the time so if there were more game differences we could have them dumped for all to enjoy.
    I like everyone else here has to send off my video game recording to another Twin Galaxies Referee for verification and i think this is where your concerns are.It may be Robert, it may be Kelly or it maybe Walter it all depends on which referee has the time to review my submission at that time and where my submissions are to be forwarded.
    So what are you really asking for here Manuel a JPG of the final screen shot or a copy of the whole game because to me it seems like you certainly are determined about something.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  9. 02-04-2005, 07:17 AM
    Hi there!

I like everyone else here has to send off my video game recording to another Twin Galaxies Referee for verification and i think this is where your concerns are.
    Hm... with all the fuss involved of getting a simple answer here, by now this is precisesly where my concerns are.

It may be Robert, it may be Kelly or it maybe Walter it all depends on which referee has the time to review my submission at that time and where my submissions are to be forwarded.
    It's Roberts name that stands in the database, that's why I'm adressing him.

So what are you really asking for here Manuel a JPG of the final screen shot or a copy of the whole game because to me it seems like you certainly are determined about something.
    I think I said it before. I'd like to hear a simple statement from Robert, regarding the 999,999 Adventures of Tron video, wether he verified it during the last three weeks or not and if it was he who changed the database record last week or not.

Greetings,
    Manuel
  10. 02-04-2005, 09:41 AM
    Calm down all... How about a compromise before this thread turns out to be something all participants will regret down the line?

Cybergoth: Could you make a new thread in the Classic Console forum which is very simply only contains your request - nothing else. No reference to this thread, etc.

TG guys: You are all coming across, IMO, as very stressed and in need of a break. Perhaps someone in authority can lock this thread?

All parties are coming across, IMO, as reading too quickly & not taking time to simply answer the relevant points. Calm down & find something fun to do instead. :D

[Edit:] I feel sure that none of you actually have these symptoms, it's just the way I read it. :?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake, datagod liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Join us