F I N A L R E S U L T S ! !

1. I like it

02-09-2005, 09:10 PM
    I have to admit, I think I like the format the way it is now.

2 games a month, one last month to submit improvements.
  2. Not Yet

02-10-2005, 02:51 PM
    Hello QRS1 and David:

Nothing is set in stone...were just collecting ideas. Sorry if I said \"will\"...it's still going to be based on public opinion.

Robert
  3. 02-11-2005, 12:16 PM
    I prefer the smaller lengths, but then I have little in the way of concentration. :D If a three-month duration were taken up, then maybe have three tourneys a year - Deca, ADeca & EDeca - the Endurance Deca (to get all those very lengthy games out of the other two :twisted: ).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 02-16-2005, 06:23 AM
    i thought the Adeca length was fine, but i would like to see a 3 month tops for the regular Deca.

Congrats to Martin, Donal and all the other guys.

Roll on the next deca
    Flop
  5. Old & New

02-17-2005, 07:16 PM
    Hi Flop:

The \"old\" timeframe does not have to be precedent. The gamers' collective voices are most important to TG.

Also, nowhere does it imply or say that both classic and advanced MAME decas need to be the same duration.

I've always liked the 90-day MAME deca format. The advanced format that Ron started was intended to be fundamentally different, and in fact was the first time it was devised. This year was the second, and for the most part, most elements were preserved...although without Ron the availability of the final INPs was not done this year...at least not thus far.

That being said, the classic MAME deca would be next. Any opinion on when this should cover (i.e. Jul-Sep, etc) ?

Robert
  6. 02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
    ...did the caveat that you must qualify monthly roll well with you, so that you at least have something each month coming into the final month ?
    Nope, sure didn't.

I played Millipede for a couple of days, was determined to see what kind of competition I could give Don. I got 67k and figured by the end of the month a reasonable goal would be 100-120k. (Don hadn't put up the 171k yet.) Don then informed me that if I didn't play every game my results for the individual game wouldn't even be listed.

F*** that. I'm not playing Balcube and you can't make me.

I wonder if other games might have had stronger participation if not for that requirement.
  7. 02-18-2005, 05:40 AM
    The deca should start now and end in june :) Just like the old time hehe. Just my opinion but as time and school is an issue for me more than ever this year I will not \"force\" my opinions upon others hehe..as I will probably not have time to play much at all :)
  8. 03-14-2005, 04:24 AM
    Just to add i'd like to see the Deca's played outside of the summer months, i can only speak for myself but i'm usually on two weeks holiday in either June/July or August so i tend to miss out on valuable gaming time. When the winter nights draw in there is nothing better than a few games ;-)

Flop
  9. INP's

04-10-2005, 07:53 AM
    Are the inp's of the top scores available?

Thanks

Louie
  10. Only with Gamer Approval

04-11-2005, 01:18 PM
    Hi Lippsman:

Generally TG does not post the INP results without gamer approval. What was done in the past was just that. Going forward I will post only with gamer approval, which is not always given and which cannot be implied that it is okay to post. The last thing I need is for a gamer to tell me that I went against a standing TG principle, so by default the INP is withheld unless the gamer approves distribution.

Robert
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us