Don Hays, you must be a robot! :)

1. Don Hays, you must be a robot! :)

09-26-2004, 07:08 AM
    171k, one man and hardest settings??? Geesh.. I want to see that recording when the AD is over!!

CONGRATS Don! It will be hard for anyone to top that :)

Now go and kick my ass on Wonderboy.. cause that is much easier than getting that Millepede score hehe

QRS
  2. Re: Don Hays, you must be a robot! :)

09-26-2004, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by QRS1
    171k, one man and hardest settings???
    Robot nothing.

I think he sold his soul to the :twisted:
  3. 09-27-2004, 08:30 AM
    171k, one man and hardest settings??? Geesh.. I want to see that recording when the AD is over!!
    I will post the recording on my website towards the end of the AD.

Now go and kick my ass on Wonderboy
    Well, I doubt that will be happening anytime soon. It's not really my style of game...too many things to remember, even with Kelly's FAQ sitting right next to me as I'm playing!

I do have a question about Wonderboy, though. When you get the angel, sometimes the game lets you move right away and other times the angel circles around for a couple seconds which wastes your invincibility time (this caused my death in the game I submitted last night :evil: ). Is there a way to control this?
  4. 09-27-2004, 09:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dbh
    I do have a question about Wonderboy, though. When you get the angel, sometimes the game lets you move right away and other times the angel circles around for a couple seconds which wastes your invincibility time (this caused my death in the game I submitted last night :evil: ). Is there a way to control this?
    I know what you mean, but I don't think it matter timewise actually. I may be wrong but I think the time you will be invincible is starting when you actually move. However, it seems that you can 'force' your man and sometimes skip the angel scene by running into the egg, crush it and then jump. From my experience it feels like you often skip the angel scen if you are in the middle of a jump (which you will be if you did what I just said! :)

QRS
  5. 09-27-2004, 10:52 AM
    I know what you mean, but I don't think it matter timewise actually
    I think it makes at least a small difference. On the very first level, if I can get the angel and move right away I can get hit the last two snails easily before the invincibility runs out. If the angel circles, then I can't get those two snails. Note that this is without using the skateboard (which I have determined is evil...I don't know the boards well enough and the skateboard causes me to miss points and to die more often than it should).

However, it seems that you can 'force' your man and sometimes skip the angel scene by running into the egg, crush it and then jump. From my experience it feels like you often skip the angel scen if you are in the middle of a jump
    This is something like what I've been trying to do, but haven't found a consistent way to do it yet. I'll have to try some things and pay more attention to the various factors (running, jumping, shooting, etc).
  6. 09-27-2004, 12:09 PM
    What stage Don? Last two snails? I know the game very well (All the ESC and dolls in my head 1-1 to 8-4 due to years of playing the game :)), but I can't seem to get a clear picture of what stage you are refering too!

btw.. Skateboard evil? BLASPHEMY! I love the control you get by using the skate ;) You must know the stages though... cause you have not time for mistakes hehe.
  7. 09-27-2004, 12:48 PM
    What stage Don? Last two snails?
    Very first level. After the #3 sign post, you jump three boulders going up the hill and then get the angel. You hit a couple of snakes, pass #4 sign post, a bonfire, jump a chasm, hit a snail then a rock. You jump another chasm with a platform, then there's two rocks followed by two snails. If the angel circles at the beginning, I can't get those two snails, but if I am able to run right away with the angel I can get them. The snails are right before the springboard to get the doll.

btw.. Skateboard evil? BLASPHEMY! I love the control you get by using the skate You must know the stages though... cause you have not time for mistakes hehe.
    EXACTLY!!! :) I don't know the stages well enough so the skateboard causes me nothing but pain and suffering.
  8. 09-27-2004, 01:24 PM
    Don,

Try holding down the fire button as it seems to allow you to run faster. (of course you have to let off to fire again). I usually always get those last 2 snails even if the music has stoped and I have not seen a death yet from that. Also try finishing running up the hill to hit the egg with the angel and keep running forward a few inches. Although you seem to pass the egg, you still get the angel to protect you and you have gained another inch or two. I used to stop when I hit the egg to get the angel and learned to just keep running (or skateboarding). I have never missed the angel so I suppose a jump at this point might make you miss it.
    Gregory S. Erway

#1 Tapper TGTS 3,162,125 05Jun05 (Guiness 2007 score)
    #1 Rootbeer Tapper TGMS 1,959,200 28Jul86
    #1 Wild Western 826,900 07Jun04
    #1 Pepper II 917,540 11Mar07 (over 1mil now...on tape)
    D2K progress: 199,700 L5 100m (board 36)
  9. 09-27-2004, 01:26 PM
    Can't seem to edit that last comment for some reason.

Forgot to mention that I have NEVER seen it allow me to run right away like you describe. It always hesitates. Also to clarify where these snails are, they are directly before the jump for the first doll.
    Gregory S. Erway

#1 Tapper TGTS 3,162,125 05Jun05 (Guiness 2007 score)
    #1 Rootbeer Tapper TGMS 1,959,200 28Jul86
    #1 Wild Western 826,900 07Jun04
    #1 Pepper II 917,540 11Mar07 (over 1mil now...on tape)
    D2K progress: 199,700 L5 100m (board 36)
  10. 09-27-2004, 01:47 PM
    Very first level. After the #3 sign post, you jump three boulders going up the hill and then get the angel. You hit a couple of snakes, pass #4 sign post, a bonfire, jump a chasm, hit a snail then a rock. You jump another chasm with a platform, then there's two rocks followed by two snails. If the angel circles at the beginning, I can't get those two snails, but if I am able to run right away with the angel I can get them. The snails are right before the springboard to get the doll.
    Doh! I forgot about the first stage having an angel egg :oops:

*back from a few practice rounds*

I see the difference now, but it is just a fraction of a second actually! You will go faster using the skate of course. There is no problem getting the last snails whatever method you are using though! I recorded 3 ways of doing it (wolfie 078) With the skate, without the skate (angel delay and no angel delay) You have plenty of time even to get all the fruits on your way! One thing that might help you if the angel runs away... try to avoid beeing high in the air or on a ledge when she/he? is about to disappear.. You might save a second or two by doing that.

EXACTLY!!! :) I don't know the stages well enough so the skateboard causes me nothing but pain and suffering.
    Haha yeah it can be hard to control first... but belive me.. it is worth some time to practice doing it! After a while when you feel more confident with the stages you will just yawn and glide through the stages... without the skate? You feel vulnerable! :) Also, you have a second 'life' using it so it is good to have it!

ps send me a PM with your mail and I will mail you the recordings so you can watch the first stage. I can't seem to get them attatched to this post on the TG forum..Are files blocked here maybe?
    [/quote]
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us