CGE+UK Event

1. 06-16-2005, 05:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sandinista
    Hi Al ,

Retro-Gamer is a great mag !
    Hi Sandinista... currently I am in contact with John, that said me is an Retro-Gamer writer/editor, mainly asking about the Brazilian gaming comunity, and related questions, due to make an article concerning countries game's comunities, and Brazil is the spot at this time (or will be released soon). I think I helped a lot the editor.

Do you know about the current editions, if was released some article concernig the Brazil?
    TRB_MetroidTeam
    Metroid Team, from Brazil
  2. 06-18-2005, 11:33 AM
    Hi TRB ,

Yeah , there is a John who writes a Global Gaming article for Retro Gamer . So far he has covered Russia and Holland . On the Retro gamer forums he says that the next piece will be in the August issue , but he doesn`t mention which country it is . I`ll Look forward to reading it !

cheers

sandinista
  3. re...

06-27-2005, 09:12 AM
    Hi Gary,

Just finished reading this months edition of Retro Gamer. A great read as usual. In the article featuring Perry Rogers, he says he hopes to make the journey to London for the CGEUK event. Any news on this? It'd be a great game of doubles! Better make sure you grab a stool (and cushion...).

TRB: the magazine did a feature on Brazilian band 'MegaDriver' in the last issue. A nice mixture of Metal and MAME.

www.megadriver.com.br

Cheers,

AL (Richard Whiteley R.I.P.)
    \"That gum you like is gonna come back in style...\"
  4. 06-27-2005, 10:51 AM
    Hi Al ,

Only what you`ve read really , been in contact with Perry a while back , and he`s hopefully coming to CGEUK . I really hope he makes it :) . It would be great to play Galaxian with him . Even if we would miss most of the expo :lol: Thought Perry`s was the best High Score article to date .

cheers

sandinista
  5. re....

06-28-2005, 12:27 PM
    Hi Gary/TRB,

Well I missed the previous 'High Score' articles cos I only got the last two editions. Who else besides Eric Ginner did they feature?

Oh TRB, the magazine says that the Brazilian gaming community will feature in a future issue, so you haven't missed it. Not too sure how you will get to read the magazine as it's only available over here and also has an advertisement for subscription for USA+Canada only.

The article also asks \"If there's a country you'd like examined, or you have an interesting story to tell about any other global gaming region, send an email to globalgaming@retrogamer.net.\"

Oh yeah...nice picture Gary :)

Will you be playing that cocktail Galaxian cabinet?

Cheers,

AL
    \"That gum you like is gonna come back in style...\"
  6. 06-29-2005, 12:37 PM
    Hi Al ,

High Score Articles by Paul Drury :

vol 2 issue 1 Gary Whelan - Galaxian :lol:
    vol2 issue 2 Mark Robichek - Frogger
    vol 2 issue 3 David Palmer - Star Wars
    vol2 issue 4 Roy Shildt - Missile Command
    vol2 issue 5 Perry Rodgers - Mario Bros

Eric Ginner was actually on the Desert Island Discs feature .

Glad you liked the pic mate :lol: That is of course my Galaxian cocktail table , I`ve toyed with taking it down to CGE , but so far I`ve decided against it . Too much hassle . But would be easier to beat the record on my own machine ... believe TT is taking his own Missile Command machine to the event .

sandinista
  7. 06-29-2005, 01:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir
    Oh TRB, the magazine says that the Brazilian gaming community will feature in a future issue, so you haven't missed it. Not too sure how you will get to read the magazine as it's only available over here and also has an advertisement for subscription for USA+Canada only.

The article also asks "If there's a country you'd like examined, or you have an interesting story to tell about any other global gaming region, send an email to globalgaming@retrogamer.net."
    Thank you for the info AL.
    I can confirm Brazilian game comunity will be one of the next articles in the Retro Gamer.
    How to read the magazine? I think John will not send me an edition for free, so I am highly thinking in pay (maybe Pay Pal) to someone (maybe John) to send it to me... If you know WHO would help me, let me know.

About Megadriver, I already read about, after read AL's MARP post. Very interesting. My Brazilian friend Innuendo liked a lot this article... he love musics.

The article also asks "If there's a country you'd like examined, or you have an interesting story to tell about any other global gaming region, send an email to globalgaming@retrogamer.net."
    Ireland... why not? :)
    TRB_MetroidTeam
  8. 06-29-2005, 01:58 PM
    Oh yes... sorry for the off-topic post guys! :|
    TRB_MetroidTeam
  9. 06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
    [quote=TRB]

Thank you for the info AL.
    I can confirm Brazilian game comunity will be one of the next articles in the Retro Gamer.
    How to read the magazine? I think John will not send me an edition for free, so I am highly thinking in pay (maybe Pay Pal) to someone (maybe John) to send it to me... If you know WHO would help me, let me know.

About Megadriver, I already read about, after read AL's MARP post. Very interesting. My Brazilian friend Innuendo liked a lot this article... he love musics.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Weir":30shfnj2]The article also asks "If there's a country you'd like examined, or you have an interesting story to tell about any other global gaming region, send an email to [email="globalgaming@retrogamer.net
    globalgaming@retrogamer.net[/email]."
    Ireland... why not? :)[/quote:30shfnj2]

TRB , if you need a particular issue of Retro-Gamer , ie , featuring the Brazilian scene , I`ll snd one out to ya free . Just let me know .

sandinista
  10. 06-29-2005, 03:42 PM
    snd should have read * send * :oops: . Everything else goes TRB , once the edition with the Brazilian article hits the streets here in the UK , I can sort it for you . No fee required .

sandinista
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Join us